View Quote

No they found aliens on the dark side of the moon
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are no footprints on the moon... The landing was faked
View Quote

Not sure if sarcastic. As I tell anyone who doesn't believe it happened, if it didn't happen, the Russians would have called us out on it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#8]
In.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
In other news, Russia left this:  

Always struck me as a cross between a bad sci-fi movie prop and a baby carriage.  

They lost track of it over the years.  We managed to find it for them; we apparently built a lazer so strong that it reaches the moon; our scientists managed to hit this thing with the 1st shot!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#11]
But Mythbusters proved it was real!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#12]
We went to the moon?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:00:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/Lunokhod_1_%28high_resolution%29.jpg/740px-Lunokhod_1_%28high_resolution%29.jpg

Always struck me as a cross between a bad sci-fi movie prop and a baby carriage.  

They lost track of it over the years.  We managed to find it for them; we apparently built a lazer so strong that it reaches the moon; our scientists managed to hit this thing with the 1st shot!  
View Quote

It would've been funny if we could have powered it up and took it for a spin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#14]

High-sun image of the Apollo 16 landing site showing the lunar module descent stage, various pieces of equipment, and disturbed lunar soil (seen as darker lines and areas) which marks where John Young and Charles Duke traversed in the spring of 1972. LROC image M109134835L, 296 m across [NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University].

LROC NAC image of the Apollo 16 landing site, acquired when the Sun was nearly overhead. High Sun causes white and metallic artifacts left on the surface by Young and Duke stand out in high contrast as they reflect the noon-day sun back at LROC. The Apollo 16 astronauts churned up the lunar soil (regolith) as they moved about exploring the Moon, and this disturbed material shows up as dark lines and patches. Since the astronauts spent a fair amount of time around the Lunar Module during their three extra-vehicular activities, the bright lunar module appears to have a dark halo. The same dark halo appears around the parked rover. The labels on the image are for the Lunar Module (LM), the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV), the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package (ALSEP), the Radioisotopic Thermoelectric Generator (RTG) that powered the ALSEP, and a line of geophones that extended W by NW from the ALSEP station.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not sure if sarcastic. As I tell anyone who doesn't believe it happened, if it didn't happen, the Russians Soviets would have called us out on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if sarcastic. As I tell anyone who doesn't believe it happened, if it didn't happen, the Russians Soviets would have called us out on it.

FIFY

To all of the "Regan spent us into oblivion" comments I reply with a brief history of the downfall of the USSR and the USA's very important part in that.

What I haven't brought up in those replies yet is just how crucial us winning the Space Race was to that.  It wasn't just Regan spending the USSR into oblivion, it was the Soviet's fear of our ability to accomplish anything and everything we put our mind's to.  The Star Wars missile defense was a joke, and everyone in the US knew it.  But the Kremlin didn't.  They were utterly convinced we could neutralize the thread of MAD, and it was all because we went to the moon.  And not once, not twice, but many times.  We even had one ship (Apollo 13) blow up, and we brought our people back home safely!

The Soviets feared us because of our (NASA's) successful space program.  And, as you say, if we hadn't done it in actuality the USSR would have called us on it for the propaganda victory if nothing else.

Having said all that, I think the comments that we faked it are sarcasm towards the ignorant who believe such folly despite the facts.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:11:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Speaking of leaving stuff on the moon....

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Extension cords and pixels.  They're everywhere.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/uploads/M109134835LE_ap_16_thumb.png

High-sun image of the Apollo 16 landing site showing the lunar module descent stage, various pieces of equipment, and disturbed lunar soil (seen as darker lines and areas) which marks where John Young and Charles Duke traversed in the spring of 1972. LROC image M109134835L, 296 m across [NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University].

LROC NAC image of the Apollo 16 landing site, acquired when the Sun was nearly overhead. High Sun causes white and metallic artifacts left on the surface by Young and Duke stand out in high contrast as they reflect the noon-day sun back at LROC. The Apollo 16 astronauts churned up the lunar soil (regolith) as they moved about exploring the Moon, and this disturbed material shows up as dark lines and patches. Since the astronauts spent a fair amount of time around the Lunar Module during their three extra-vehicular activities, the bright lunar module appears to have a dark halo. The same dark halo appears around the parked rover. The labels on the image are for the Lunar Module (LM), the Lunar Roving Vehicle (LRV), the Apollo Lunar Surface Experiments Package (ALSEP), the Radioisotopic Thermoelectric Generator (RTG) that powered the ALSEP, and a line of geophones that extended W by NW from the ALSEP station.

View Quote

Wow, they had terrible photoshop skills back then.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Apollo 11

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:01:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im sure this is in jest, I don't think we have any of THOSE people on this site do we?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Im sure this is in jest, I don't think we have any of THOSE people on this site do we?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, but chemtrails sure get mentioned a lot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#22]
So we can go to the moon and do all this other futuristic high tech stuff but the best we can do to "prove" that we landed on the moon is fuzzy black and white shots of pixelated blobs that are supposed to be "equipment"?

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:36:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought it was Nazis.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#24]
clearly Photoshop.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Cool Story Bro. Why haven't we been back then?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

We need the money to build 800 million dollar websites that don't work.
(Also, if you are reading this & don't believe we went to the moon, please say so clearly in this thread so I can put you on ignore.)
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#27]
kewl
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

1. Until recently, we figured it was basically useless crap (the whole moon).
2. We don't have any bad guys to beat anymore.
3. You think Obamacare is expensive
4. We scrapped big ass rockets for reusable shuttles, then scrapped those too
5. All our math comes from India and China now and we can't let them in the buildings, you know, national security and all.
6. Profit. (there ain't none, yet)
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No oil there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:52:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Tell me if we went to the moon where is the moon cheese?
Fire can't melt moon.

ETA The moon was in the trunk.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fire can't melt moon.
View Quote

This is the most profound truth I've ever read on the internet.

Holy shit. My world is on tilt.

Man, I need to go think about this. My life is a fiction now
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fire can't melt moon.

The moon was blind the whole time.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#33]
They sure know how to make it look real.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fire can't melt moon.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

5. All our math comes from India and China now and we can't let them in the buildings, you know, national security and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7. Kokisha and her fellow FSA members are living the dream on your money X 47%.  No money for your silly space program cracker.
8.  Weak to nonexistent .gov leadership.  coupled with a fat, dumb, risk adverse and ignorant society that lives on past glory = mind numbing status quo.  Hey did you see the song BillyBob sang last night on American Idol?
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

7. Kokisha and her fellow FSA members are living the dream on your money X 47%.  No money for your silly space program cracker.
8.  Weak to existent .gov leadership.  coupled with a fat, dumb, risk adverse and ignorant society that lives on past glory = mind numbing status quo.  Hey did you see the song BillyBob sang last night on American Idol?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

8.  Weak to existent .gov leadership.  coupled with a fat, dumb, risk adverse and ignorant society that lives on past glory = mind numbing status quo.  Hey did you see the song BillyBob sang last night on American Idol?

Actually back in the 70's the moon was considered the key to the entire solar system, recently it's become less important because we've identified so many NEOs that would be less expensive to exploit than the moon.

Space shuttle was definitely a huge setback for our space program though, I recently read a critique of the program, written in the 70's, that turned out to be spot-on, basically the whole concept was completely backwards.

Now NASA is planning on recreating the Apollo program, might actually launch an SLV in 20 years, if it doesn't get cancelled because falcon heavy can do the same job for one-tenth the price.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:23:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/Lunokhod_1_%28high_resolution%29.jpg/740px-Lunokhod_1_%28high_resolution%29.jpg

Or been able to cause it to transmit back to the Russians.  Something along the line of "Keep your buggies off of me you dirty commie apes".
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do.  There was a huge thread a while back about it and the conspiracy guys were outing themselves left and right.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Actually back in the 70's the moon was considered the key to the entire solar system, recently it's become less important because we've identified so many NEOs that would be less expensive to exploit than the moon.

Space shuttle was definitely a huge setback for our space program though, I recently read a critique of the program, written in the 70's, that turned out to be spot-on, basically the whole concept was completely backwards.

Now NASA is planning on recreating the Apollo program, might actually launch an SLV in 20 years, if it doesn't get cancelled because falcon heavy can do the same job for one-tenth the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the Ares was supposed to be the next heavy lifter from NASA. It was supposed to have rivaled the Saturn V in terms of size and power, IIRC. That program was canceled, however.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Or even brought it back home and sold it back to Russia

Quoted:

Or been able to cause it to transmit back to the Russians.  Something along the line of "Keep your buggies off of me you dirty commie apes".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good God that would have been a EPIC transmission!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top