Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2013 9:15:36 AM EDT
Most beautiful video Ive seen in some time........

.....so compact , so efficient , so smooth.....it's . . . . . beautiful

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Now if they will just keep it running 24/7.  Well, maybe take Christmas day off.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I want that thing running in my shop
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty slick!

I'd like to see it in slow-mo with zoom-in on the individual stations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Only 30k. And no quick change over for caliber.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ammoload.com/

Their rifle set-up

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#6]
it's hypnotic
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#8]
The close-up ...'Money-Shot' begins at 0:55 . . . . yummy

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Black Hills Ammunition production video and discussion ....

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

it's hypnotic
View Quote
it's sexual

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#12]
It's beautiful.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Those machines probably pay for themselves in a few weeks, if not sooner.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#14]
IIRC some one on here picked up a broken one a few years back for a screaming price. Like 2k ish. Then he got it working again. Posted vids of it running. Lucky bastard.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

IIRC some one on here picked up a broken one a few years back for a screaming price. Like 2k ish. Then he got it working again. Posted vids of it running. Lucky bastard.
View Quote

Damn it .....thats fracking awesome .

I'd go broke feeding it components

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be in my bunk!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be making blk on that bitch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Now if they will just keep it running 24/7.  Well, maybe take Christmas day off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slowed down , like they are showing in the Black Hills video , it's obviously capable of spewing out match level ammo .

It's sick how much ammo you could produce .....it's intoxicating .

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't know if I should cry or fap... It so purty!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#22]
i have the weirdest boner right now
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:06:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Just $30K? I know what I'm buying when I hit Powerball!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Is that a Camdex loader? It looks like one. My father had one but after he died, my pot-head half-brother stole it and all of dad's brass and sold it for scrap metal!  One reason that I HATE potheads!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#25]
churning out rd after rd of 7.62x51 non stop im going to go fap now

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Very sweet.  However, it wouldn't do me any good without powder
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder how much speed effects OAL, powder,runout accuracy/consistency?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
 Is that a Camdex loader? It looks like one. My father had one but after he died, my pot-head half-brother stole it and all of dad's brass and sold it for scrap metal!  One reason that I HATE potheads!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kin or not . . . that's deserved of a severe beating

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I wonder how much speed effects OAL, powder,runout accuracy/consistency?
View Quote

Watch the Black Hills video and see how much slower they are going . Not drastically different , but noticeably so .

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#30]
It's cool, but it's loading 1 rd per second? There's got to be a faster way to run that line.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#31]
AWSOME........I can't find powder to do 100 rounds
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Fuck a Dillion......I want one of THOSE !!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#33]
But can you imagine the grief of having to continuosly be hunting all over for the overpriced components to feed that dragon...

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#35]
I am a die designer(machinist, SW Pro, programmer)  and I have a homebrew version of those on the drawing board right now.  They are simple in concept, the large parts are essentially the same as a stamping tool. My concept uses cams to drive everything including the brass handling mechanism from one station to the next.  I saw these for the first time several years ago I and it looked so similar to what I build for a living that I started working on a design.  Unfortunately, the paying jobs and kids have kept me busy but I still spend an hour here and there on it.

All the accessories would probably be COTS stuff. No sense in reinventing the whole car....

For the serious reloader I might be able to get one built for 5K or so.  Station spacing doesn't change within a reasonable range of calibers so I was thinking quick change interchangeable top plates to go from caliber to caliber. All height adjustment would need to be in dies in the top plate.

I WILL have one someday, even if I have to make it my damn self.  You can automate a Dillon cheaper than anyone could make one of these, so you would need to be VERY serious about making ammo.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't need something that quick.  My Lock N Load can produce ammo faster than I can afford components
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote

+1  

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But can you imagine the grief of having to continuosly be hunting all over for the overpriced components to feed that dragon...

View Quote

when you do that kind of volume you get a Different catalog and Different CS number..

there is mats still out there, and always was. You were just not on the right distribution lists.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:10:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Is one stage doing a powder check? If not, that is a KABOOM waiting to happen.

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is one stage doing a powder check? If not, that is a KABOOM waiting to happen.

View Quote

3 powder drops, one powder check.. +- 1/10grain. So its G2G.

now if I could get on to swage bullets for me.. Im tired of paying the the neighborhood kids in bags of starbursts.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Must have
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

You can automate a Dillon cheaper than anyone could make one of these, so you would need to be VERY serious about making ammo.
View Quote

For someone who is not a manufacturer, what would be the downside of just going the "automated Dillon" route?  Does that produce good ammo?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I need a cigarette.

And I don't smoke!
View Quote

Dude... If KSA is anything like here, there's enough people around you that you don't need to actually smoke yourself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

For someone who is not a manufacturer, what would be the downside of just going the "automated Dillon" route?  Does that produce good ammo?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can automate a Dillon cheaper than anyone could make one of these, so you would need to be VERY serious about making ammo.

From what I have seen of the automated dillons they aren't anywhere near as fast and require much more attention during operation, because they were never intended for automatic operation. But for the typical range monkey( like me)  they would produce more than enough ammo. The quality of the ammo in any of these machines is based on setup and component quality as much as the machine.

The camdex and ammo load machines are commercial grade equipment, and priced accordingly.  I want to build one because they are very similar to the tools i design and build for a living, I could probably put one together from leftovers in my shop.  I'm just a manufacturing nerd, so I might as well manufacture something I can use.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:36:57 AM EDT
[#45]
I used to have a manager who shot competitively at a national level for about 10 years.  He told me that he looked into buying one of those, but, "you could mess up a whole lot of components in a hurry on one."  He decided to stay with several Dillon 650s instead.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

From what I have seen of the automated dillons they aren't anywhere near as fast and require much more attention during operation, because they were never intended for automatic operation. But for the typical range monkey( like me)  they would produce more than enough ammo. The quality of the ammo in any of these machines is based on setup and component quality as much as the machine.

The camdex and ammo load machines are commercial grade equipment, and priced accordingly.  I want to build one because they are very similar to the tools i design and build for a living, I could probably put one together from leftovers in my shop.  I'm just a manufacturing nerd, so I might as well manufacture something I can use.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to be on your friend list along with fat mcnasty
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#49]
ok this was cool..

Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#50]
If you go used, and seriously look you can find a used camdex for around $10k.

Certainly not enough for the hobbyist, but not expensive at all for a commercial piece of equipment.

A camdex can load over 100,000 rounds of ammo per day. Hopefully you have enough money to supply it running.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top