Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2002 4:40:14 PM EDT
Let me first say that I applaud everyone who takes the time to let elected officials, corporations, and individuals know how they feel about political matters. Not enough people do what you do.
Unfortunately, some of the letters I see posted here are not as effective as they could be because of misspellings, misplaced punctuation (especially the apostrophe), and lack of a specific concern.
Possibly the most damaging is a closing statement that conveys a sentiment to the effect of "I hope you die." I can think of nothing that tells the reader more clearly that everything preceding that statement should be disregarded.
I believe that when we write letters, we should be precise and professional. We have to be sure that recipients understand that they are dealing with intelligent people. We are worth keeping as consumers or constituents because of our ability to clearly state our beliefs and influence others.
Perception is everything.
Keep up the good fight.
-Hobbit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top