Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2002 8:48:34 AM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=512&u=/ap/20021114/ap_on_go_co/senate_pay_raise_2&printer=1[/url]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
At least [i]someone[/i] is getting a raise. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:58:52 AM EDT
[#2]
BUNGHOLE!

Sorry i missed your call my NEW phone took a shit after I picked that up to replace the OLD phone that took a shit!

Radio Shack only had bright puple left in stock so I went most of this last week without a damn telephone.

Finally got hooked up with my $69 silver phone with updated firmware so it dont take shits.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]

They have plenty of money to give themselves since they have steadily reduced veterans benefits over the years. When I joined the army, retirees got free health care for life. Along comes draft-dodging, dope-smoking (but didn't inhale), gay-loving, skirt-chasing Bill Clinton and now retirees have to pay for their health care.

It's funny how the social security system is supposedly running out of money, but there always seems to be enough money when congress decides to vote themselves a pay raise.

It really sucks for tax payers, but can you really blame them? After all, if you were in a position to give yourself a raise, wouldn't you?

Of course, they will have to raise our taxes to cover their new pay raise, but at least we now have a majority of republicans in congress which will at least put up the appearance of being against higher taxes. Democrats just raise your taxes and dare you to say something about it!

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
They entirely deserve that raise for all of that hard work they put in legislation exchanging liberty for safety. This great democracy must be defended from enemies foreign and domestic.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Woo Hoo.. Yes sir buddy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top