Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/15/2013 7:51:49 PM EDT
I'm in the process of resolving my horror story so I thought I would share with the group lol. It involves stalking, kidnapping, mayhem and intrigue

Towards the end of last semester an acquaintance of mine asked if I'd be his roommate in a campus apartment the following semester. I knew him well enough (I thought) and figured it'd be fine so I agreed. Fast forward to right after the semester ends. I'm back in the town I'm from working and I end up with food poisoning one day. While I'm at home, let's call him John, calls twice and I ignore it both times. I felt like crap and didn't want to talk. Then he starts texting me wanting to know what I'm doing. I tell him I'm sick and don't want to talk. He insists on texting anyways and the conversation goes something like this:

John: Why didn't you tell me about, let's call her Lacey, Lacey?!
Me: The one from Newcastle?
John: Yea
Me: What about her?
John: She's beautiful
Me: Yes she is. And what about her?
John: You gotta set me up with her.
I'll let you know at this point John has never been to Newcastle or met her.
Me: She has a boyfriend. Theyve been together for a few years now
John: Way to shit in my cereal! I fucking give up on life!
Me: There's always another one. And how did you find out about her?
John: Oh I found her on Facebook.
The conversation kept going past that point and mostly consisted of him whining about being alone. It turned out later that he was going through my friend's list on Facebook and trying to get together with the single girls I know.

The summer consisted of more conversations like that and I became really wary of him being my roommate but the paperwork was signed and I couldn't back out. I figured I could make the most of it and it'd be fine. I was wrong.

My first trip back to Casper during the summer I met up with a good friend of mine and we went to dinner. Somehow the topic of John came up and she relayed to me the story of her encounter with John during the summer, which he later affirmed after I decided I needed to talk with him about it. John had been asking her out for months and she felt sorry for him so she said they could go to the bar and have a drink as friends. He agreed and picked her up. They went to the bar and after one round she decided that she wasn't having fun and asked him to take her home. She said that if he wanted he could come up and have a beer at her place before he went home. Her roommate and roommate's boyfriend were around so it was pretty safe. He agreed and they left the bar. Halfway to her house he informed her that they're going to the mountain. Casper mountain is just a few miles out of town so it's not a big trip or anything. She tells him "no, I want to go home." He says "come on, it'll be fun." She says "no. take me home." He then gets pissed and says "fuck you! We're going to the mountain." and proceeds to take her up there. They go up to the ski area and get out of his truck. She kinda plays along given the situation and they sit down somewhere. He tries to put his arm around her and she slaps it away telling him no. He keeps looking at her and she tells him that if he tries to kiss her she'll sock him in the face. He gets disheartened and eventually realizes his plan isn't going to work and takes her home. Creepy as shit.

After she told me the story I knew I wasn't going to do well with him as my roommate but I didn't have a choice. I thought I'd try to make the most of it still and that certainly didn't work.

I'll leave the saga at that point for tonight. I'll post about the binoculars, more stalking, lamenting life, putting a strap around my neck, and other fun parts after I moved in tomorrow.

*My friend didn't press charges on being taken up to the mountain. I told her she should have but she decided that she would never see him again and left it at that.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
7 years of college down the drain.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
pics of lacey aren't loading
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Typical slob, gave me creeper vibes. Now, he does "missionary work" in Thailand. Even grew a chinstrap beard.

I can relate to the OP.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Meet Jed  This one originated on Something Awful years ago still gives me a good chuckle and a appreciation for having a place to myself.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
BS.  I refuse to believe that anything attractive has ever come out of Newcastle.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh Oh - I got one.

My room mate the second year of JUCO was a real winner. He was just a total odd ball - this coming from a guy who was odd. He worked like really late nights at a radio station - the time when most places just have a robot do it.

So one day, out of the blue, I come home with a friend and I see a note on the counter: "Mister.44, I've gone to get help. - Tim"

I'm freaking out. I think he broke something. So run around looking for burn marks, flooding, broken AC - but everything seems fine. There is a phone book on the table opened up to the As. My friend jokes, "Maybe he went in for alcohol addiction." Which was funny because he didn't drink.  

So we are like screw it, sit down to watch TV.  I note on the table there is a steak knife. Sorta odd.

Awhile later, a mutual friend, Gary, comes by. He's like "Yeah, Tim's in the mental hospital. He tried to kill himself. I'm here to get some of his clothes and stuff."

o_0

Turns out it was a total cry for help/attention. My and my GF went to visit him and he seemed fine. He came back later and nothing really came of it. It cost him a lot of money he and his parents didn't have.

Side note - while at the hospital, there was this squirrely dude in the lobby. He kept inching closer, and closer, until finally he's by me and says, "Hey I'll give you $20 if you go get me a six pack."

LOL. "Sorry man, I'm only 19."
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a shit roommate my first year. I had met a girl previously from orientation and got up with her again the first night of school. I brought her and her girl-friend back to hang out, one for each of us. Not 15 fucking minutes into this he bitches about girls being in the room and on the bed. I didn't really know how to respond, since I'd know him for maybe 6 hours now, but we finished a pizza and went to a party. The fucked up part, he had a 2' bong under his bed, which I was cool with. But I've never met anyone with such differing ideologies. I've never known a stoner that didn't Ike pussy.

I screwed that girl a few times in his bed about a week later. Fuck that douchebag.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't worry about it man. There aren't any hot women in Newcastle.

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one who had the worst smelly feet I've ever encountered.

But he was fun to live with because he was into high-energy physics.  He built one of the best Tesla coils I've ever seen, and the ozone from running that thing covered up his foot smell pretty well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone knows that the hotties in WY are in Gillette.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]
My roommate freshman year spent several weeks in jail for burglary.  Charges later reduced???  He was back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Not college but I decided to ask a friend to move in to help with bills.  He lived in the apartment above me and wanted to move into a cheaper place anyway. We became pretty goof friends over the course of a year. Super nice guy and still is. However, the only thing I noticed that would have been an issue is that he never ran his a/c. In South Carolina it gets extremely hot and humid. I kept my a/c around 67-71 all summer and in to the fall. I mentioned that before he moved in and he was fine with keeping it cooler. Besides we split rent, cable, and all the bills down the middle.

He moves in and a few times during the summer (Triple Digits mind you!) at random times he would turn the a/c off. it was just as hot and humid inside as it was outside. No possible way I could relax in this! He did it while I was asleep or at work. Over the course of the summer we kinda fought over the temp constantly. I turn it down, he turns it. We go back and forth so I call a roommate meeting and agree to leave it at 73. He still turned it up to like 76 when I wasen't home or even completely off but I dealt with that. Then at 73, I learned that if my bedroom door was shut with the TV and PS3 on it got up to the upper 70s! I couldnt sleep. So we agreed to 72 which made it a little better. Still a little warm for me at night especially but I dealt. 72 in my apartment seemed much warmer then the 72 at my work or my parents house for some reason.

Now is where he gets starts getting pissy. Over the course of 3 months our dishwasher and hot water tank went bad. We still used them a lot. Normal bill was from 180-200. All of a sudden the electric bill is $300 in a large two bedroom apartment. Over the course of the next month the dishwasher is replaced and so is the hot water heater. But the hot water heater was 50 gallons larger and set to the highest setting. once i figured this out I set it to economy. So the bill gets alittle lower but it still around 300. However each month it was dropping by $15-$20 like its getting back to normal.
He started turning the a/c off all the time again because he saw it as the main power drain. Or either setting it to 76. I Actually researched the power usage of what the model a/c system we have used a month and it was around $80 to run it all month set at 71. Only like 30% of our bill and I would rather pay a little more to be comfortable then a little less to be misreable.I seriously think the guy would not run the a/c and be misreable to save $5 each month if thats how it was. He is cheap even when he does not have to be. Another example, he went on a few dinner dates with a lady he met from work. I started to notice that he ate before he went to meet her. I asked him and he said he didnt want to pay for dinner!
We pretty much went back and forth about the a/c up until now where the weather started cooling. One day it was in the lower 60s so for once "I" shut off the a/c and opened all the windows which made it a good 71-72 degrees inside. He comes home, turns the fans off, and shuts all the windows because he was to cold.
He is a super cool guy but my goal is to to make other living arrangments by next summer and not have a roommate. I miss my a/c!
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a rommate that charged $1400 in phone sex charges to our phone.....Which was in my name.  I called the phone company and told them that they weren't my calls and that I didn't authorize them.  They said "OK", don't worry about it, we'll forgive it once.  

The phone sex people then called me and told me that I was going to be sued and my credit would be hit hard and I'd probably be raped by guys that weighed300 lbs and talked like girls.  I told them that the phone company had told me that it was not going to be charged.  They then said that it was like me calling the phone company and telling them that I had a bomb in my bedroom and them saying OK, we'll take care of it and coming over and putting it in my living room.

I paid for it, kicked my roommate out, told his girlfriend and mocked him in front of everyone.  Then I showed up at his place of work every other friday and made him give me $300 or I'd tell all of his coworkers that he jacked off on the phone.

Oh, his girlfriend knew about it and said she didn't know why he did it because she wanted to fuck all the time.  Her words.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I had a best friend that i roomed with years back.

He always crept on my girlfriends and such.
One time he lost his job and never bothered to get another one, nor even  apply for one.

I let to go for a few months, as time went on trash and dishes piled up. Every day I'd come home from busting ass at work and he would be playing video games drinking beer. Knowing he was a month behind on bills it would piss me off to see the lack of drive. When the second month came up i had to kick him out. He kept expecting me to cover his bills because i had a decent paying job and all.

Today he's a bleeding heart liberal still living with mom. Hasn't had a job ever since. He's 32 and that was about 8 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I kicked my one and only roommate out after I caught him wanking it on the couch...fuck that shit, keep that shit in your room or make shower babies...but not on the fucking couch.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a smelly hippy that I swear never showered or washed his clothes. He was hardly ever there and moved out to live with his cousin. Then they moved another guy in with me that was hardly ever there. I wold come back to the room to find him cutting his buddies hair. He wasn't really bad just shy and weird. Never really talked to me. Pretty weird living in the same room as someone you never speak to. I hated dorm life. Probably why I moved back home.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I've had 17 different suitemates (I lived in a suite of 10, my first two years of college), me and two other guys stayed together while getting new roommates the second year.  I've had three different roommates.

First one was gay.  He was cool as hell though.  We respected each other's privacy and got along well.  Kept his side clean, showered regularly, etc.  He was an ideal roommate, to be honest.  Worked his ass off to do well.

First roommate had to leave after his second quarter due to financial issues.  One of the rooms in the four room suite is a quad (has four beds) and when my roommate left, I gave one of the guys in the quad permission to move into my room.  Dave* was the guy who moved in.  Dave was a very easy going dude but was a little different.  He would sleep until 6 in the evening, and not fall asleep until 8 or 10 AM.  He'd consistently miss classes and sometimes exams.  It was a shame, really.  He is/was extremely smart.  

So one evening, I'm at my desk working on some new mix material (DJ), and my roommate is at home for the weekend.  It's about 8-9 pm and my room is starting to pregame before we go out.  George* (Dave's previous roommate in the quad) comes in and asks where Dave put the tequila that was left over.  Being that we were in a dorm and weren't allowed to have alcohol, it wasn't uncommon for us to put it in water bottles or something like that.   I tell George that I wasn't sure, but it was probably back in the bedroom on his shelf.  George goes back and grabs an empty bottle of water filled about half way with what looked like Jose Gold.  He comes out, takes the cap off, and puts it up to his mouth to drink.  Right as it touches his lips he doubles over and let's out a loud "OOOHHH WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?"  Apparently, Dave had to piss at some point and didn't feel like getting up to go to the bathroom.  He proceeded to piss in the empty water bottle he had and hadn't thrown it out.  It was supposedly there for almost two weeks.

My last nightmare roommate was not my actual roommate, but my suitemate.  This was my sophomore year of college and I was living in the same dorm as my freshman year, so it was the same setup.  This kid lived in the quad.  We'll call him Jeff.  Jeff was a freshman and from the second I met him, I knew he was fucking weird.   The first night there, he got busted for drinking.  I don't mean he was caught with a beer on the soccer field.  He was fucking smashed.  Like had to be carried back by a campus cop smashed.  Whatever, shit happens, some kids don't know their limits, etc.  The second incident happened the third evening there.  It was about 7:30 PM and my roommate and I were leaving to grab dinner with some girls we knew.  As we're walking down the stairs, we pass Jeff, stoned out of his fucking mind.  As I pass him, I tap him on the shoulder and say "Hey, Jeff.  What's up?".  He continues up the stairs without response and I noticed right after he passed that he was soaking fucking wet.  So my roommate and I go grab dinner and come back to the dorm a little while later.  I go in the bathroom to take a piss and notice there's mud all over the place so I go out to the rest of my suitemates who were in the common room and ask them why the bathroom is such a mess.  I'm told to ask Jeff, so I go to Jeff's room and ask him why there's mud all over the bathroom.  He tells us how he was smoking the synthetic weed (He called it by name - K2 maybe?) and a cop pulled  up so he ran and tripped into a puddle.  After a couple minutes of trying to figure out how he fell into a puddle when it hadn't rained in a week, it came to me.  The motherfucker fell into the fucking river behind my dorm and was so wasted he didn't realize that it was, in fact, a river.

Third incident, Jeff invited his cousin to stay the weekend.  His cousin happened to be a pill-dealing stripper, an ugly one at that, who was also a cocaine addict.  I came back that friday around 1:30 AM to find my suitemate (Jeff's roommate) with a ver concerned look on his face, so I ask him what's up.  He tells me Jeff and his cousin were snorting coke and pills all night and have been motionless on the bed for the last 15 minutes or so.  I go back in the room to find Jeff propped up on his bed in the corner, appearing dead, with a beer still in his hand and his stripper cousin with her head in his lap and a spilled beer on the bed.  I seriously thought they were both dead.  In hindsight, I absolutely should've gotten the RA but instead, I held a mirror under their noses and found them to be breathing.  I let them sleep.

Fourth, Fifth, Sixth incidents all happened separately but are similar enough that they can all be lumped into one.  I was not in the room for any of these, but the rest of my suitemates were.  These stories are coming from them.  One night, Jeff, four of my suitemates, and the girls from the next door suite were in my suite drinking and having a good time when Jeff brings up the topic of vampires.  Apparently, Jeff has a real fetish for drinking blood and anything that has to do with blood.  This night, he asked the girls if they had any open cuts he could dip his cigarette in to so he could smoke the blood off the tip of it.  Later that same night,he apparently made some pretty forward advances on one of the girls, which she told our RA about.  Another night, my suitemate caught him pricking himself with a needle and dipping his cigarette in it.  He licked up the remaining blood.  The third time was the last straw and is what got him kicked out.  He went next door to the girls' suite and brought up the topic of blood again, saying how the girls that were there were very attractive and he would love to lick their blood or smoke it if they would let him.  Bye bye Jeff after that one.

**None of the names used in these stories are the actual names of the parties involved**

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm back. Here's the next part:

Summer came to an end and it was time to move back to Casper. I took my first load of stuff down on a Friday and started bringing it into the apartment. About halfway through it John came home. I mentioned that the apartment has great views of Casper. The apartment is on the third floor of the campus apartment complex. He agreed and said the best view is of the womens' tennis team down below. I later found out from a professor that it's a high school team playing on the courts below us. I told him that was kind of creepy and he told me "no, you get a really good view with binoculars." I told him that really was creepy and he corrected me with "no, it's only creepy if they know you're looking." And I promptly removed myself from the conversation.

I went back to Newcastle for a second load and came back down Sunday evening. My ex that I ended up staying good friends with texted me and said she wanted to meet up to talk. She's from Europe and was back there all summer. I made the mistake of informing John about this and he demanded to know what we were going to talk about. I said I didn't know and went out to meet her. We ended up just discussing our summers and other stuff, casual small talk mostly. We were out for a few hours and during this time John texted every fifteen minutes or so demanding to know what we were talking about, what we were doing, if we were talking about him, etc. It got old quickly. She ended up telling me she had to make up having a boyfriend so that he would leave her alone and asked me not to tell him. I agreed. I went back up to the apartment and he instantly started berating me for information. He wanted to know everything we talked about and anything she said about her boyfriend. I said it was small talk and we didn't discuss much. He stated that there's no way that her having a long distance relationship will work and she'll be single again soon. I left it at that.

A few days into the semester my friend that he took to the mountain wanted to go out and play pool. We'll call her Tia. I got ready to go out and John asked me where I was going. I said I was going out to play pool with her. That was a mistake. He told me that he was coming with. I said that she probably didn't want to see him after what he did and I would respect her wishes. He said he didn't give a shit and that she could deal with it. I started getting pissed and told him no. He eventually gave in and resigned himself to being alone forever again in his room. There's a common theme of any time a girl says no or anyone really that he just says he's giving up on life and decides he'll be alone forever.

A few weeks into the semester John decided to go home to Star Valley for the weekend to meet a girl that his dad was going to set him up with. She apparently ended up not showing. I had a few friends over when he got back Sunday and he got pissed that there were women in the apartment. He informed me later that they were not allowed in the apartment. He has seniority because he was there during summer and that's it. He came home and was furious because I had raised the AC from 60 degrees to 70. There's no way he'd  be able to sleep, it was utter bullshit that I touched it, etc. He ended up going off on me for over two hours. In the mean time my friends had enough of him and decided to leave. I also informed him that the RA wanted to get to know everyone and that set him off more. He said he moved to the apartments to get past all this crap and be treated like an adult. I told him it's part of being on campus and to go with it. It's certainly a way to meet new people. That just pissed him off more before he eventually resigned himself to his room to suffer from the horrible heat I had caused.

I'll carry on more later. I've gotta hit class lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#20]
We had an extra room in a college house when one of the guys graduated.  Put an add in the Red and Black.  Some dude responds, moves in.

He covers the ENTIRE room with black plastic trash bags.  (walls, ceiling, windows)  He stays up there all hours of the day.  Never goes to class.  One of our roomies caught him watching animal-chick porn.  Last I heard of him, the local bank was looking for him after a teller mistakenly gave him $10,000 when he was cashing a $1,000 check.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:01:52 PM EDT
[#21]
last roommate I had stole 20lbs of venison out of the freezer when he moved out. got even by having one of my friends who lived int he same hometown let all the air out of his tires.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheridan and Jackson
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I had terrible luck.

I've posted the stories before in previous threads. When I have time I'll post in this one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Freshman room mate looked perfect from the outside (straight A student, held high school swimming records, and girls were all over him). What was hidden was an immature nut job. He had a nervous breakdown first semester after his high school girlfriend dumped him (probably cause he was a fucking nut job). One of the highlights was finding him hiding in the closet crying in just his underwear.

Junior year room mate liked to drink and fight with his asshole girlfriend every night. He was the last person to leave the apartment at the end of the year. Myself and our other room mate left the place immaculate when we left. Fuckface and his retarded snaggle tooth GF had a party and trashed the place. I got part of the thousand dollar clean up bill from the apartment management company. I fought it and they reduced it.

Fast forward to the next year. I saw asshole room mate on campus and confronted him about trashing the apartment and he ran away from me.

ETA: junior year room mate was a huge nightmare and the above story just was icing on the cake.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had one who had the worst smelly feet I've ever encountered.

But he was fun to live with because he was into high-energy physics.  He built one of the best Tesla coils I've ever seen, and the ozone from running that thing covered up his foot smell pretty well.
View Quote

Wow college sounds like a real hoot for you
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Yup. Been there and got the t-shirt bud. Had three roommates my freshman year and two of them were cool. The third was so creepy that we literally had to warn women we knew to call us before they came over to our dorm room, because frankly we didn't trust him around any of them when we weren't there. We all had gone out together the first night to a packed club where we lost sight of him and found out after that night he had grabbed some chick on the dance floor and given her a bad hickey against her will scaring her so bad she was hiding in the woman's restroom because of this guy.  This guy would leave the dorm room and go roaming around the dorms looking for girl's dorm room doors that were open so he could poke his head in and be a creeper.  

What can you do though? If you don't witness anything bad all you can do is encourage the women to file a report with the police.  If you assault the guy you risk being expelled and arrested/convicted for assault.  You'll just have to tough it out my friend.

Get a gf and hang out at her place basically is what I would do. That roommate is trouble and he's going to get you wrapped up in some bullshit if you're not careful. Last thing you need is to be forced to get into a fight with the guy or have to be some witness to a crime of his.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#27]
The first time I had a roommate, it wasn't so bad until the day I asked him to clean up after himself in the kitchen.

He had an earlier class than I and every morning he'd make himself tuna salad on toast.  No big deal except he'd leave tuna juice, toast crumbs, dirty tuna covered utensils, and shit all over the kitchen counter.  So the first thing that I'd be greeted with in the morning when I got up to make myself some coffee was the stink of tuna and his fucking mess.  So after a few mornings of this, I very politely asked him if he would clean it up before he left.  Well, he blew his stack.  I mean full on tantrum. Screaming at me that I wasn't his mother, throwing shit around, kicked the couch, etc.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little intimidated by it.  Dude, was a first string lineman on the football team.

The place we were renting was a two story apartment and the bathrooms were both upstairs.  We were drinking beer, watching TV and I had to piss . . . When he complained, I looked at him, dick in hand and asked, "What're you, my fucking mother?"    He broke the lease early to move out.  

So, I don't know, is that my college roommate horror story, or his?
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Meet Jed  This one originated on Something Awful years ago still gives me a good chuckle and a appreciation for having a place to myself.
View Quote

He would have died of mysterious and unsolvable causes.

Or just disappeared. Gone. Vanished.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The first time I had a roommate, it wasn't so bad until the day I asked him to clean up after himself in the kitchen.

He had an earlier class than I and every morning he'd make himself tuna salad on toast.  No big deal except he'd leave tuna juice, toast crumbs, dirty tuna covered utensils, and shit all over the kitchen counter.  So the first thing that I'd be greeted with in the morning when I got up to make myself some coffee was the stink of tuna and his fucking mess.  So after a few mornings of this, I very politely asked him if he would clean it up before he left.  Well, he blew his stack.  I mean full on tantrum. Screaming at me that I wasn't his mother, throwing shit around, kicked the couch, etc.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little intimidated by it.  Dude, was a first string lineman on the football team.

The place we were renting was a two story apartment and the bathrooms were both upstairs.  We were drinking beer, watching TV and I had to piss . . . When he complained, I looked at him, dick in hand and asked, "What're you, my fucking mother?"    He broke the lease early to move out.  

View Quote

Depends on where you pissed.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Tag for later.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lulz
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kitchen sink.  I'm not an animal.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Had a roommate who'd play Pearl Jam on his guitar at oh dark thirty.

Compared to these other stories I really lucked out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Wish my brother had an account. The roommate he had last year was the main dealer at a 2 year school. Also used.

Everything from bad trips, keeping pounds of drugs in the apartment, and potential cartel members in his room.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I ended up transferring universities after 2 years and got stuck with a group of 3 friends. I got the tall skinny kid that I thought was a little off at first. Then we had beers and went out on the town and fought rival school students in the street and hit on mad bitches. He also ended up being an amazing cook. So sorry to all of yo with these horror stories haha.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#36]
My freshmen roommate was an alright guy, but when we checked out in May the RA and I found over 100 spit bottles stored in every drawer and dresser he had in our suite. Shit was a whole new level of nasty.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I posted a detailed version of thus on a previous 'bad roommate' thread.

In 1988 my roommate and I moved into an apartment together.  He'd been validictorian of our HS, his family was really wealthy, he drove an '87 Buick GN.  Popular, really cool guy.  About six months after we moved in together I bought a .22 Buckmark pistol from a guy I worked with.  Three days later my truck's window gets smashed and my tape deck, amp, and the pistol get stolen.

A month goes by and on the news I see stories of random shootings in the middle of the night.  Cars in driveways, mail boxes, things like that.  No people, just cars and mailboxes.  Then one night a bullet goes through someone's bedroom wall and now police are freaking out.

One night I'm banging my girlfriend.  There's a knock on the door.  I pull on my jeans and answer it.  About a dozen cops are there with guns drawn.   they ask if I'm Dave. I tell them, "no...I'm his roommate."

Cops look at my ID, then ask if Dave is home and could I call him to the door.  Sure, I tell them.  I go to Dave's bedroom door.  "Hey, Dave," I call.  "Someones at the door for you."

Dave comes to the door and the cops fucking PILE onto him.  They search his room and find a pistol.  MY PISTOL.  Turns out Dave and a buddy were the shooters.  Dave's buddy ratted him out.  I had bought the pistol FTF and never registered it (Michigan).  Police never connected me to the gun. Dave got sentenced to 18 months in prison.  I transferred to a school out of state.  When he got out of prison he called me at my mom's house around Christmas break, I told him to fuck off and hung up on him.  Last year I tried looking him up on Facebook and found out he committed suicide about a year after getting out of jail.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Where to start. I went to College for a year in 20066/2007 before I dropped out and joined the Army.

I was staying in a room where you shared with one other person and then had a Communal Latrine.

I also lived on the first floor which is where all the handicapped kids stayed and all were cool except my roommate.

My roommate had been in a bad car accident and he was very messed up. To tell the truth, I dunno how he made it into school. It started off with me hearing stories about him creeping on girls and just walking up to them and saying things like "Will you have sex with me" or "I know where you sleep". He even walked into a couple girls rooms, and he would walk from our room to the latrine in just his boxers, which I'm sure wouldn't have been a big deal since it was an all male floor, but, if you walked in the front door then you could see how the hallway we lived in.

Besides that things were fine, till he got himself some bleeding heart, liberal, hippy GF, who must have felt sorry for him. Then she literally moved the fuck into our 15x15 room. Needless to say this shit pissed me off. It also didn't help that he had an aid(Cause he wouldn't wake up or do his assignments, or fucking bathe) who would come in every morning and sometimes when he wasn't there. Nothing like when his Foreign aide would just open the door without knocking (they had a key) and I was balls deep in some slut. Fast forward a couple weeks of his Liberal GF living in my room and I got tired and mentioned it to his aide one day and she talked to him about it and he started cussing me out and shit. I told him to go fuck himself and walked out to go to class. Came back from class and my laptop was fried cause this fucker opened it up, poured soda in it, and I assume his GF cleaned it up. I was fucking pissed went to the RA and demanded that either he move or I move that day. I also filed a report with the campus police department who didn't do shit and my parents claimed that shit on their homeowners insurance.

I moved into a room by myself where I could drink, party, and fuck the shit outta my GF whenever I wanted..

Found out that the next year he was kicked out for going into the Female Showers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#39]
*CSB Alert*

You muzzie-haters ought to like this one. My roommate was a Muslim with
two other brothers in the same school. I am pretty sure they were the
only ones in the whole school. They desperately wanted our room since it
was a rare three person room. They would do Koran readings together in
our room. I don't care about your religion, but I don't want it in my
face. I think they did it expressly to make me feel uneasy. My roommate
asked me constantly when I was leaving. They'd sit with me at the
cafeteria, just to weird me out. They went out of their way to make me
feel uncomfortable, to the point of veiled threats (at one point my
roomy told me "to watch my back.") At that point I talked to the
administration about it. They were as useless as cops. They would not
touch them till I was physically harmed. I am sure if I was black or
female and I was being harassed they would have called the FBI.

It came to a head one day when I got two calls from girls I didn't know.
One was an Asian girl claiming I had called her. I got laid exactly
zero times in college. I didn't ever call any girls.
Then I got a call from another girl who turned out to be the sexual
harassment contact person. I went to her room and she played the
message. It was my roomy impersonating me. "You're so beautiful. I can't
stop looking at you. I want you to call me, etc." It didn't take a
genius to figure out he was trying to frame me for sexual harassment. I
guess he wasn't ready to be vulgar--he was probably afraid he'd be
nailed if he took it too far. I wonder how many other girls he called
impersonating me. I explained what happened to the sexual harassment
babe. I thought I was facing some kind of trouble. She actually said she
was flattered by the message and was excited to hear someone was
interested in her. Maybe she took the job hoping to meet boys.

Those guys moved into another dorm very soon after. AFAIK, no one at the
school ever did anything. This was pre-9-11 and I knew nothing about
Islam, but they didn't do
much to endear themselves or their religion to me. Those guys were
absolute fanatics. I came to find out they were protesting having to
take classes taught by female professors. When 9-11 happened it actually
made more
sense to me.

TL;DR

Muslim whackjobs tried to frame me for sexual harassment.

Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yup. Been there and got the t-shirt bud. Had three roommates my freshman year and two of them were cool. The third was so creepy that we literally had to warn women we knew to call us before they came over to our dorm room, because frankly we didn't trust him around any of them when we weren't there. We all had gone out together the first night to a packed club where we lost sight of him and found out after that night he had grabbed some chick on the dance floor and given her a bad hickey against her will scaring her so bad she was hiding in the woman's restroom because of this guy.  This guy would leave the dorm room and go roaming around the dorms looking for girl's dorm room doors that were open so he could poke his head in and be a creeper.  

What can you do though? If you don't witness anything bad all you can do is encourage the women to file a report with the police.  If you assault the guy you risk being expelled and arrested/convicted for assault.  You'll just have to tough it out my friend.

Get a gf and hang out at her place basically is what I would do. That roommate is trouble and he's going to get you wrapped up in some bullshit if you're not careful. Last thing you need is to be forced to get into a fight with the guy or have to be some witness to a crime of his.
View Quote

Bright side of my story is that I'm moving into a new apartment next week. There's been some weird shit with him and I won't be a part of it anymore
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Back to the story:

One night John came back to the apartment with a load of dry clothes and went to his room. A few minutes into him being back I hear him yelling that we've got a problem and I need to bring my fishing pole to his room. I'm wondering what the hell is going on and tell him to wait a minute. He says it can't wait and I have to come now then comes into my room and grabs the pole and heads back to his room. By this time I'm intrigued and go in only to see him prodding a small pair of black panties with my fishing pole. I guess someone left a pair in the dryer and they got mixed into his when he put his load in. He starts freaking out that the panties are disqusting and they touched his clothes and he has no idea what to do. I tell him to quit being a bitch about it and grab them. He says it's disqusting that I'd touch them and I said I don't care, it's not a big deal. He ends up using the rod to grab them again and runs out the door and throws them in the yard. It was freakin weird.

He's railed on me repeatedly for how I do the dishes. Basically if I think it's something that needs soap, then I use soap. If not, then not. If I just had a bowl of cereal I'll wash it out by hand and just use water. Stuff along those lines. Anytime I do that he freaks out about how gross that is and I'm gonna get both of us sick and so on. He's one hell of a neat freak and everything has to be done a certain way at a certain time. He's tried ordering me to do his dishes but learned that doesn't work at all. If I'm heading to class then I'll leave a bowl or cup or whatever I was using in the sink and wash it when I get home. That's unacceptable for him and I hear about it everytime.

He'll sometimes come up from behind me and put one hand behind my elbow and one on my hand then just look at me and say he could snap my arm if he wanted. I usually then reply that I'll beat the shit out of him one handed if he does that. He's done a lot of weird shit like that and likes to say how he could beat me up at anytime and so on. We're about the same body type but I'm far stronger and more capable. It's just weird.

That leads into the strap story. About a month ago I was sitting at my desk on Facebook or something and I heard him sneaking up behind me but didn't think too much of it. Then a black strap comes down in front of my face, lands on my neck, and gets pulled back gently. He then looks at me and says that he could strangle me if he wanted. I wasn't too fond of that and told him if he even tried I would kill him. He pulled it off then went back to his room.

He's told me repeatedly that he's ready to snap at any moment and that's what will make him a great cop. He's trying to become a game warden. He says the best thing about being a cop is that you only have to be patient with someone for 30 seconds then you get to beat the shit out of them. He says if you aren't ready to snap at any moment and start killing people then you aren't a real cop. I replied that I know many cops who aren't like that and he just reaffirmed they aren't real cops. End of discussion.

He's railed on me repeatedly for waking him up in the morning too. Unlike him, I'm working through school and paying for it myself. He on the other hand worked three months this summer and has been approved for two years of unemployment at $1600/month. I make noise when I open cabinets or eat, when I open doors, etc and it's just horrible and wakes him up. He's also bragged about how smart he is for getting on unemployment and everyone should do it. I reply that I have principles and that if I have the ability to work then I will. He says that's just stupid.

That's it for this session. There's plenty more to come.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Jesus I feel bad for some of you bastards.  

My freshman year roommate was random.  Cool guy.  Never get to talk to him much anymore, but I'll run into him every couple of years and we still get along well.
Sophomore year I lived with a buddy of mine from ROTC.  Also a cool guy.  
After that, I moved out of the dorms and started living in houses and apartments with friends.  Never had a problem with any of my roommates.  Even the one time we had an extra room and filled it with a random guy off of craigslist--the guy wound up being an engineering grad student, and went on to become a Marine aviator.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2013 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Dude that's assault with the strap is it not? Guy is a rape case in the making and I'd of had a restraining order on his ass and the school notified before he decides to slip his strap around some kids neck. Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Man if he had done that strap thing to me, I would have put a knife to his throat. Probably wouldn't have messed with you after that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry it's taken so long to finish my story up. The last week has been crazy with midterms and other crap.

One night I was out with the girl he took and I let her have my phone. He'd been lamenting to me on the anguish of being single all evening. I'd been telling that if he wanted to meet someone then he had to actually get out of the apartment and do something. Hiding in his room doesn't accomplish anything. Anyways she actually played nice for the most part while texting him and at the end revealed it was her then he stopped texting. We stayed out and eventually I drank too much to drive then she gave me a ride home. As soon as I walked through the door he called out to me. He was in bed and I think crying. He was horribly upset that she had texted him and couldnt figure out if that meant that she wanted him or not. I told him no. He got more upset and kept going on about how he's going to be alone the rest of his life. I wanted to go to bed and he wouldn't let me so I finally just laid into him again and told him if he wants to have someone then he's got to man up and do something about it then went to bed.

About a week later I was getting ready to go back to work and I heated something up for lunch real quick and washed my dishes real quick. He was on the couch and told me to do his dishes too. I told him that he won't get me to do anything by telling, only by asking. That upset him. He started going after me on my cooking, how I clean my dishes, how horrible it is that I hang out with women that have boyfriends (they don't, it's the only way to get him to leave them alone), and a few other things. He just wouldn't drop it and I laid into him again that he doesn't own me, he doesn't get to cry like a baby and get his way, and that if I'm that damn bad he can find another roommate then walked out the door. I decided right then to start the process to change roomies.

When I got home from work that day the student activities coordinator was outside and I asked him about starting the process. He told me who to get ahold of and I went inside. John instantly called me over and wanted to know why I was changing roommates. I laid out my complaints just like I had before and all he had to say was that he is the way he is and I have to deal with it, but he didn't want to lose my friendship. For what that's worth

The next week I went down and met with the housing people. They had me write up a full statement of all my complaints and turn it in. They also asked for the contact info of the women who had experienced him as a reference for what I said. They told me they'd let me know what they decided by the end of the week. That didn't happen. I went in again and they just said they were still thinking about it. I got fristrated but realized that getting pissed at them wouldn't help my cause so I waited it out. The next week he started glaring at me and wouldn't say a word so I knew something was up. That kept up for a few days and I went down to the housing woman and asked her about it. She said that she had a talk with him about what he did and everything was resolved. I said it wasn't and that I wanted out still. I don't trust him not to pull something. She said that we would all have to sit down and have a mediation meeting then. I agreed and we set it up for the next Monday since it's my only day off from work.

When Monday came around I tried to get ahold of the housing woman to find out when the meeting was but she wasn't around. I called and left a voicemail but got nothing. Finally I had to go to class so I gave up and left. I spent the rest of the day pissed about being blown off. I told Tia about it and she was livid. She decided to go in and tell them about the mountain thing when she got back from Colorado on Friday. The next day the housing woman called me and said she was busy Monday but we could do it the next Monday. I agreed again.

Friday rolled around and Tia went in and made her statement.

On Monday I went down to have our meeting but once again there was nobody there. I ended up waiting fourty five minutes with John glaring behind me before she finally showed up. We went in and she said we should stay together, John said that was fine, and then she said the meeting was done. I said I still wanted out. She told me there was one other room open but I probably wouldn't like the guy. I said I'd meet him, anything to get away from where I was. She said she didn't understand why I wanted to get away from him. I asked if she even read my complaint thing and if what Tia said even mattered. She told me that none of it mattered, some of it wasn't on campus, and regardless of what happened he has a right to be the way he is. She said I need to be sensitive to him and that I hurt his feelings by doing this. Apparently he plays a better liar than I thought. When they asked him about the choking, and threats, and other stuff he just said it wasn't serious and they beleived him on it. He also made the play that he was the one afraid of having "someone" come in during the night and attack him. It was utter BS and they took his side.

I left incredibly disheartened but decided to meet my potential new roomie. He came by that evening and I instantly got an off feeling about him. It turns out that he burns through roommates like no other. He's dirty and mean if he's criticized at all. His last roommie was a marine and he quit the college to not be around him. Not a good sign. We kept talking and he brought up all sorts of weird stuff like the fastest way that I could make him turn on me was to leave lights on and other stuff like that. He told me about how nobody in the military can come back and function in society again. They just turn into killers. It was a weird conversation. I talked with a few of my friends that are RA's about him and they mentioned that he's had to be talked to for stalking some of the staff and other chicks. I decided I wasn't going to have John 2.0 as a roommie either and started thinking about what to do. I felt utterly trapped that night.

The next day I went into work and my boss instantly knew something was up and asked about it. We talked a bit and I told him if worse comes to worse that I would either have to quit school or move back to newcastle and just come down for days I have class. He was totally against that since he didn't want to lose me and offered to let me stay at his place until I could figure something out. I thanked him but declined. I decided to go talk with the housing people again and lay my cards on the table. After work I went in and just happened to run into both women at the same time. I told them I wouldn't take the other roommate and that I needed something away from John. The one still said she doesn't understand why I don't want to be around him and I just left it alone. I told them either they release me from my contract or find me someone that isn't crazy to room with or I was going to withdraw from college and move back to Newcastle. They said they absolutely wouldn't release me from my contract and I'd spent my money here so I shouldn't withdraw. I told them to give me something then. The senior one finally said there was a civic apartment (no roommates) opening up next week if I wanted it. It's not furnished and costs a litle bit more. I instantly accepted and filled out the paperwork.

It's next week and the civic apartment still hasn't opened. There's tomorrow I suppose but I don't have my hopes up. I'm heading to Newcastle this weekend to work so maybe it'll open next week. It's uneasy still being here.

And that's my story. It hasn't been fun
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I had one of the student apartments, so there were four of us. Pat was an outgoing wisecracker who generally made a positive impression on everyone he met. He was a douche. I kept my food in the kitchen. I think it was Ragu made bottled pasta and it was pretty good. Somebody kept eating it. The other two guys went out of state on a weekend, leaving me and Pat. I went food shopping after they left. The next day, I came home and two of the bottles of pasta were gone. Mystery solved.

"Pat, don't eat my food."

"I didn't."

"You were the only person here and you ate two of the bottles. You've been stealing my food for weeks. Stop it."

I started locking the stuff in my closet. One day I forgot to lock the door. Sure enough, Pat went in there and stole my food. Some days later, he was sitting at the kitchen table with a plate of ravioli or something he got from an Italian place. I grabbed a fork, sat down net to him, and started eating the food off his plate. He didn't like that. He told me to stop.

"Why? You do it to me?"

He got up and walked to the bedroom. I followed, reaching over his shoulder with the fork to get more food. That really pissed him off. He put the plate down and as I was trying to grab more of it (it was good), he shoved me and tried to throw a punch. I was an EMT at the time, so dealing with violent psychos was a thing I'd picked up. I had him on the ground in about a second. He agreed to stop it and I let him up, then I ate some more of his dinner. Then I went to the bar.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#47]
My freshman roommate wasn't weird, just a big greasy cheeseball. We had seperate rooms that opened up into the kitchen.  He started the year off with a girlfriend from his small town high school and because of that we never really hung out.  Our rooms shared a wall so you could hear everything.  As the year went on I saw more chicks hanging out with him in the dorm and could hear them bang through the walls.  So one day I hear this one chick come over, they bang, she leaves.  A half hour later his girlfriend comes over and it sounds like she's gotten wind of his promescuity.  She is fucking sobbing going on for about 2 or 3 hours.  He assures her its all lies and he had to meet up with some chick for a project...yada yada.  She totally believes his bullshit, they bang, she leaves.  Not five minutes after she leaves he's on the phone, "yeah its clear you can come over."  Round 3 happened later that night.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Hoping JeredMD doesn't find this thread....

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Last week came and went and I'm still not in the new apartment. =/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top