Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:49:15 AM EDT
[#4]
But it'll make all of us so much safer! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Against it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#6]
What a bunch of tin-foil hats! Don't you know there is a "War On Terror" going on?? If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Are you all anti-govt. wackos??
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 5:25:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#8]
No way
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:26:36 AM EDT
[#9]
With a budget of 37 billion $$$.

We could have just named the Sect. of Defense to protect our own shores and named a Sect. of War to take care of the rest of the world.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:36:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes there is a war on terror 'goon on'

Thats why the first order of congressional lame duckness was to pass another gun grabbing law..

The borders are still wide open
10,000 middle eastern men of terrorist age have been admitted to the USA

Profiling will NOT be acceptable...

White guys are always the first terrorist suspects regardless of what any dumb ole witnesses say...

And even if any middle eastern men of the muslim religion are found to be terrorists they probably were run by white farm kids like Terry Nichols or super troopers like Timmy Mcveigh...there was NO John Doe #2 (what happend to John Doe #1?)

And even though the WTC was bombed TWICE by Muslims...the offical word is
(After CAIRN dumped millions into the media and politicans pockets) that no matter how many people they rape, murder, torture, of how many airplanes they fly into buildings, no matter how many buildings and people they blow up...no matter how many suicide bombers they send...no matter how many people they posion, infect with biologicals or nuke...

Islam was, is and will always be...a Religon Of Peace..

.no evidence to the contrary will be found...or accepted
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Good thing we have all those [b]REPUBLICANS[/b] in DC these days.

[img]http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/ubb/graemlins/sheep.gif[/img]

Scott
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:09:20 AM EDT
[#12]
[jackbootedthug][ar15fan]Hey this will let me round up more dopers. Cooooooooool. I can't wait until we re-enact prohibition so I can steal even more taxpayer's money to buy bad-ass tactical gear.[/ar15fan][/jackbootedthug]
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Ironic that while claiming to protect our 2nd Amendment rights, they go after so many of the rest.

I hope this bill fails, but I doubt that it will.

edited for spelling error
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Everything Admiral-Iamadisgracetomyuniform-Poindexter touches reeks of fascist totalitarianism.  This bill as it stands is bad news.  Damn! the number of freedom-loving countries is shrinking faster than a Sumatran rainforest.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I firmly beleive that the answer to our security problems in this country is not to get governement agencies more involved but to get citizens more involved.  This means that citizens take some responsibility for their own protection.  For some this may involve carrying a weapon, for other, vigilance of others.   And most of all, members of a communities that harbor terrorists need to realize that their loyalties lie with the US, not their motherlands.  There will never be enough police to protect us, we must be more active ourselves.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I firmly beleive that the answer to our security problems in this country is not to get governement agencies more involved but to get citizens more involved.  This means that citizens take some responsibility for their own protection.  For some this may involve carrying a weapon, for other, vigilance of others.   And most of all, members of a communities that harbor terrorists need to realize that their loyalties lie with the US, not their motherlands.  There will never be enough police to protect us, we must be more active ourselves.
View Quote

You have the same logic as me.

I will also take this a step further and say the same thing about crime as well.

The more Beurocricy and money we throw at issue's, the worse off we're going to be.

Stop pulling the rights of the law abiding and giving criminals more rights!!

Everyone is SO WORRIED about a civy accidently taking out another civy, in hte name of defence.

Meanwhile, we have FBI agents shooting innocent people in the face, and they get a paid vacation. [rolleyes]

Where's the logic??
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#17]
There are some good parts of the bill. It allows airline pilots to be armed. Who would have ever thought that would happen? It also allows Federal agencies to get rid of alot of dead wood without as much interference by the unions. I'll start worrying about the Government when they become more of a threat than the Islamic terrorists are right now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I firmly beleive that the answer to our security problems in this country is not to get governement agencies more involved but to get citizens more involved.
View Quote

Oh don't worry. With the TIPS program in effect, you will have plenty of chances to be reported by your neighbors for suspicion of terrorist activities and for having sniper weapons in your possession. Your hemp document worshipping days are numbered and this great democracy will be safer the sooner you (especially the libertarians) are all rounded up for treason.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'll start worrying about the Government when they become more of a threat than the Islamic terrorists are right now.
View Quote

It seems like in some respects they already are.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh don't worry. With the TIPS program in effect, you will ha...

<<< SNIP!! >>>

View Quote

Newsflash Sparky!!

The TIPS program was voted DOWN by the REPUBLICAN-controlled House of Representatives back in July.

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:48:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thats why the first order of congressional lame duckness was to pass another gun grabbing law..
View Quote

I thought the first order was to vote for a $5k per year raise....

Profiling will NOT be acceptable...

White guys are always the first terrorist suspects regardless of what any dumb ole witnesses say...
View Quote

So how can you say profiling will NOT be acceptable. It's perfectly acceptable in certain circumstances. Be reasonable...even profiling is subject to Affirmative Action
laws!

Islam was, is and will always be...a Religon Of Peace..

.no evidence to the contrary will be found...or accepted
View Quote

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why an America based representative group is considered more of an authority of Islam than the highest rankin clerics in the Middle East....

Homeland Defense? Department of Redundancy Department. We don't need it. Shake up the current beaurocracy, grab 'em by the scruff of the neck, and get them straightened out. Same amount of benefits, much less cost.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Remember the movie, The Net?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:00:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I still don’t know why most of you guys would vote for Bush.

The patriot act along with citizen spies and now this.

This guy has no idea what freedom is or how to protect this country.

Some day he or some other liberal president will use the power he has asked for and received to destroy life as we know it in this fine country.

I will not vote for him even if it means I don’t vote for president in the next election.

THISISME
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I still don’t know why most of you guys would vote for Bush.

The patriot act along with citizen spies and now this.

This guy has no idea what freedom is or how to protect this country.

Some day he or some other liberal president will use the power he has asked for and received to destroy life as we know it in this fine country.

I will not vote for him even if it means I don’t vote for president in the next election.

THISISME
View Quote

I'm sorry, I must have missed were you had a better idea or an alternitive to bush?

What did you say again about those things?
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#25]
MillerSHO, I would have rather have had Gore than Bush. He would have tightened our borders and done things by executive order that would have been challenged in the courts.

Bush has taken advantage of every crisis to grab unheard of power and place it all in the executive branch.

And still our boarders are wide open.

I would rather a liberal democrap sign unconstitutional laws than have a republican president do it to me. And bush is doing it to us in spades.

Flame away, I don’t care.

If the republicans think we like what they are doing they will do more and worse. If you let them know they are loosing you vote and support then they will rethink their power grabbing ways.

Bush is selling you all down the river and you love him all the more for it.

THISISME
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Perhaps some day when Americans are no longer free we will wish we had all voted for people who would fight for the things we believe in instead of encouraging those whose actions eventually enslaved us.

[url]http://www.constitutionparty.com[/url]

THISISME
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#27]
If history is any judge, unconstitutional laws will be passed and unconstitutional actions will happen.  Lincoln and the Civil War.  Roosevelt and the New Deal and WWII Internment Camps.

Do I like it?  No.  Is some of it prudent?  A more difficult question.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The TIPS program was voted DOWN by the REPUBLICAN-controlled House of Representatives back in July.

View Quote

Well then sir, I ask all real american patriots to write your senators and demand that the TIPS program be included in their version of the Homeland Defense bill. It is crucial that we have this important program to insure our great democracy is safe from domestic terrorism.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm with Sweep, I don't want the HD bill to pass, if it even comes close to passing that would be too much for my liking. This is very serious business and we have to let our reps know that we are against this bill.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#31]
When does the Senate vote on this POS Legislation?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ironic that while claiming to protect our 2nd Amendment rights, they go after so many of the rest.

I hope this bill fails, but I doubt that it will.

edited for spelling error
View Quote

You've got to do more than hope, you have to act! Write your Senators now!
View Quote

I plan to. Thanks for the push!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Put me in the NO column. I don't need Comrade Dubya's Gestapo.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Not just NO, but HELL NO!
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here here!!!  I agree 100%.  Unfortunately, the American individualism that built this country is slowly slipping away towards collectivism and individual weakness.  It's up to us to carry on the tradition in our own families and our own communities so that when the day comes that upsets our society as we know it, we are already prepared to re-establish the values that made this country great!

-Nick Viejo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top