Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2001 6:41:54 PM EDT
I saw one of these in a gun store today by mech-tech systems. The owner said Jarvis makes the barrel and also sells them. Can't find much info on the web. Anybody have any experince with these units? Are they reliable? I have seen them before but never really considered one, but on my Para 14-45 I think it could be fun. The storeowner had all kind of praise but he was selling. Any info would be helpful. Sorry this is alittle off topic but who knows better than a bunch of AR people.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot one last summer at South River (ATL). It functioned well and was fun to shoot. It was on a P14 receiver BTW. I had their site bookmarked but when I tried the link I got a message saying the site is unavailable. Dillon sells them for $315.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried one at a range in Dallas last year.  After getting cleaned, which they apparently had never done before, it was pretty reliable.  Only complaint is the tuning fork they use as a stock.  The gun will ring for a couple seconds after each shot.  I'm waiting for the version for the 92FS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I hope someone will reply that has put at least a couple thousand rounds through one, concerning reliability. I found one article that indicated Jarvis was not the only barrel supplier(that could be a concern) I also found another site which list them for sale and had better prices $285/00 but it mentioned new models expected 12/2000 so the pricing may not be accurate. Do you have a web address for jarvis?
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Slidelock, do you have any idea how many of the locals are gonna have to cough up $300 for one of these if you get one? There's always one guy that gets stuff like this started!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
hoser, mike g probably has 2 or 3 knowing him. I would have to sell something first,what with the state match coming up and other expenses- I just bought a few days ago a used H&R ultra varmint handi rifle w/ bull barrel in .243 and was planning to resale as I have already been offered 50/00 more for it than I gave but the thing shoots such tight groups and no more than I paid I may have to keep it. By the way I may shoot out at Argo on the 4/28 for the practice and are you shooting there tac 3 gun match?
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
3gun almost has me talked into doing the tactical match. $65/85 seems kinda high. You going?
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]
A friend bought one a while back. I shot it, I was impressed.Didn't care for the ringing noise, but liked the accuracy. I would have bought one, but my wife bought me an HK USC for my birthday shortly thereafter. (between you and me, I prefer the Mech Tech CCU) I believe he has close to 1000 rds through his with no problems yet. I might have to get one yet, to go on the Para-14.
At a recent gun show, I noticed a number of new models and calibers from the same company. I think they have a website, but don't recall the URL.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I can not decide, besides the money is the 2 day deal.  Knocks out the entire weekend and I am a little worried about rules interpetation. I hear they do not have much experience putting on tac matches. I have it on my calender and if nothing comes up and I have the money....maybe.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:09:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got the same concerns. BTW we've got some good stage ideas for our next tac 3gun. It should be a blast!
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#10]
hoser check your e-mail
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#11]
dillion precision sells them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT
Can any body give me any more info.  I think they offer it in .460 Rowland?
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 5:17:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Sportsman's Guide also sells a more traditional .45 1911 rifle conversion with a wood stock. It is only $150 through them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Last August I had the opportunity to shoot two of them. One in .45ACP, the other in .460 Roland. Both shot sub two inch groups at 100 yards with optics.
The owner of the .460 said he had placed thousands of rounds through it without a hic-up.
The tuning fork "twang" can be fixed by using the cover they have available to muffle the noise.
Over all I was damned impressed and immediately placed one on my (growing) wish list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top