Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2013 11:13:01 AM EDT
My glasses are the wal-mart cheapo's that were around $40 with lenses.  I bought them a few years ago and other than replacing the nose pads and then later the lenses after they were damaged in a car accident...they've been good enough.  However, now I notice that the finish has worn off the left arm...the part that rests against the ear lobe.  It's pretty sharp/rough and I need something to coat it with to smooth it out.  

I was thinking of using my wife's clear coat nail polish but she said that would probably flake off pretty quickly.  

Anyone else have any other ideas to fix the issue short of wrapping it with tape?  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]
there are several "dips" available for application to tool handles that might just work pretty good for what you are looking for, I think one brand name is "plasti-dip"
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

So the cheapest frames would be $12.  Not bad.  But can I send them the lenses and they'll fit them to the frame?  

I do have a spare pair that's brand new so I can do without the lenses for a short while.  I just would rather smooth out the arm.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#4]
cheapest frames are 6.95 with 4.95 shipping with the lenses included

the shipping cost covers all frames ordered

for $20 total, get both

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

for $20 total, get both

View Quote

Wait...$12 shipped for my prescription lenses AND the frames??  I thought the $12 was just for the frames shipped.  Holy crap!!!...so ok...what did you mean by $20 for both? ...both what equals $20?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Am I in the twilight zone?
This is GFD, not GD

IBTmove
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Am I in the twilight zone?
This is GFD, not GD

IBTmove
View Quote

Totally missed that one!!

Mods, feel free to move to GD.  

Thanks!!

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for $20 total, get both

View Quote

Wait...$12 shipped for my prescription lenses AND the frames??  I thought the $12 was just for the frames shipped.  Holy crap!!!...so ok...what did you mean by $20 for both? ...both what equals $20?

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote

order two sets of glasses with single focus lenses for 20 bucks shipped

arfcom always gets both

Link Posted: 10/15/2013 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for $20 total, get both

View Quote

Thanks

-Emt1581
View Quote

order two sets of glasses with single focus lenses for 20 bucks shipped

arfcom always gets both

View Quote

Single focus lenses?...oh ok, instead of "bi or tri focals".  I see what you mean.  

I was going to say that I had an astigmatism.  

But $20 shipped for 2 pair...sound like a hellova deal!!

Any place that good for contacts?

As far as the arm...any other ideas on fixing it?  I have some plasti-dip but that would not really work.  It puts way to thick of a coating on.  I need coat of paint thickness...not coat of bbq sauce.

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]
sand down with 600 grit or so, shoot light clearcoat over it once it's deglossed.

extra points if you multicam.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Just wanted to update...

I called my eye dr. and got my script sent to me.  I went on the Zenni Optical site, found some $6.95 frames, plugged in some numbers, and I now have 2 brand new pair of glasses on their way to me for $18.85 SHIPPED!!!

That is amazing!!! Hell, wal-mart lenses alone are $30-$40!!

Now I can save the lenses and throw away this old pair that keeps scratching me!!

THANKS!!!

-Emt1581
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top