Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2001 5:43:36 PM EDT
I have a Sig 220 with normal sights.  I'd like to get some night sights put on.  I've read and searched on sigforums but since I trust most of you here, I thought I'd get your opinions.

Trijicons are a option $86.25
Meprolights are another $65.00
Of those two, what do you suggest?  

Colors.  There are many different colors and combinations (lines, circles etc)available.  Suggestions?  I was thinking of yellow back and green front (open circles)

FYI.  I will mostly shoot this during daylight hours, but you never know when you might have to use it at nighttime.  So, it should be a good sight picture during the day.

I checked installation at a local gunsmith and they said 20-45 dollars.  Should be able to wait while they install and bore sight it.  Is this an acceptable price?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
7 - Be aware that the Trijicons DON'T have as good a sight picture as standard Sig sights (vertical bar/front dot). My 220 has the Trijicons, and I must say that I like the sight picture on my 239 with standard sights much better. (In the daytime anyway). My 220 is getting old, so the sights at night are not as bright as they use to be, they are supposed to last 10-12 years. Try each one in a dark area before you decide. My trijicons are green, I don't think I would like orange or red.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
btip,
Does your Sig have factory Siglites by Trijicon or aftermarket sights.  The factory Trijicons are different and do not have as bright a ring around the element.  The aftermarkets give a better sight picture in the daylight than the factory Siglites.

Aggie1

Link Posted: 4/14/2001 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I have PT Nightsights on both of my Sigs, a HP and 686.
Be sure to check them out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
btip,
Does your Sig have factory Siglites by Trijicon or aftermarket sights.  The factory Trijicons are different and do not have as bright a ring around the element.  The aftermarkets give a better sight picture in the daylight than the factory Siglites.

Aggie1

View Quote

My 220 has the FACTORY siglites. Mine is an older model (1993) and the SIG sight tool will not fit these sights! It is too wide for the tool to fit around. Have had to use punch/hammer to drift in the dovetail.
It's not a bad sight picture but I just like the bar/dot beter, it seems faster to align. Brownell's has a sight tool that fits but it is $400+ !!

(Sorry it took so long to answer)
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the Meprolight are more visible in daylight. You may also want to look into PTS night sights. They have a wide variety of options and seem to be pretty good. Three dot, bar dots and variety of colors. My local gun/fun shop will sell the night sights for 85.00 installed.
Good Luck
Link Posted: 4/14/2001 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Paratwa,  Thats good that the Meprolights are pretty visable in daylight.  I'll probably go with them since they are so cheap at Brownells.

Thanks everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top