Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2002 8:55:01 PM EDT
...might get a kick out of this DU post.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID60/17719.html

Thank God I live in the city. I feel morally superior already! =p
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
For some reason I can not get in. I could only imagine what it contains.Democrat bastards.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks doublefeed!!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh cry me a fucking river. They had their chance for 8 mind piercing years to do something productive. They failed. Now its time for us to school their ass's!
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You city folks probably only eat city fed and raised beef also,right?  Prolly grow that corn right there in your backyard Huh?

Bet you even grow your own wheat grind it and make your own bread right?

Blah    Blah  Blah  !   Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You city folks probably only eat city fed and raised beef also,right?  Prolly grow that corn right there in your backyard Huh?

View Quote

Diddo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
f memory serves me right, the founding fathers decided each state had 2 senators to ensure that states with small populations wern't crushed by the Kalifornias out their. (also, they originally had senators elected by state legislatures, thus keeping special intersts the hell out. We have the 17th Amendment to thank for that) This turd is crying foul about the process working, and if it was the other way around, he would be praising the system. So much for his "Superiorly Educated" status.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
This guy makes me sick.

I'm always bitching about how all the urban areas are always blue.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Dumb 'superiorly educated' moron can't even figure out the electoral college (he mixes it up with the senate)...

2 senators per state, precisely because of the big-state/small state issue...

And electoral votes are dished out by state population, so THAT IS CONSIDERED...

But no, we blur out the fact that population was taken into consideration, and move to another point...

P.S. Being from Wisconsin, I like the electoral college. It means that we can actually see Presidential candidates without having to drive to Chicago... It's one of the reasons that W likes Milwaukee so much (he narrowly lost the state in 2000, and wants to win it in 04), with the other being that it's the birthplace of school choice vouchers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#11]
"Unfortunately the leaders that these people follow are for the most part a bunch of charlatans and demagogues of the robber baron model. I mean they are really in it for themselves and their like minded cronies. Like their ilk has always done, they find a window of opportunity, a crack in the door and take advantage of it long before anyone else has noticed that they are occupying the place that once belonged to the people."

Correct statement, wrong party. This guy is an idiot. Most of the rural farmers vote democrat at the congressional level. They may elect more conservatives (sometimes) to their own state legislature but, when it comes to the national level, they vote for the subsidies. That was true in TX and it's true up here in ND.

However, I wouldn't call them particularly uneducated and I wouldn't call them stupid. Some of the most ignorant morons I've ever met, are "highly educated" people. They fill their brains with so much idealistic garbage that common sense and REAL intelligence gets pushed out their ass.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope we are ready to fight a defensive grass roots battle to keep these rogues from taking everything from us and turning our country into a third rate world power.  
View Quote

Lets see....the "rogues" 60 years ago beat back Nazi Germany.  Stopped the Japanese.  Who were they?  Country folk that knew how to shoot and fight.

What do we have now?  Bunch of committee loving, talkers that want to take away guns thinking that will solve violence!  I don't think so.....

Third rate world power... I don't think so.  There is a difference between someone who is a coward vs someone who knows when to fight.

Uneducated....
lets see...... lets take me...

I live in a rural area.
I own a farm; hence I feed the "educated" city folks.
Own farm = own business
I work a part time job to make ends meet (ag tough right now... don't want to spend $$$ from business)
I am unaffiliated when it comes to politics (not registered as a Dem, Rep or Ind.)
I agree/disagree w/ points from both the Dem and Rep parties
OH ya.... I have a Bachelors in Science in Horticulture from Washington State University
Now, how much more education do they want!!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Naw, you hicks are smart enough to spread feed. Just not smart enough to vote. [BD]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
...might get a kick out of this DU post.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID60/17719.html

Thank God I live in the city. I feel morally superior already! =p
View Quote
[red]This link is cold! [:)]-DF[/red]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#16]
URBAN,

Please unhotlink your post. It was posted that way intentionally.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Naw, you hicks are smart enough to spread feed. Just not smart enough to vote. [BD]
View Quote

Sounds like we took off enough time to vote,and you just didn't like the outcome!

Been a Registered Dem since 1967,voted Rep for the last ten years!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#19]
You know a lot of these pointy headed elitists have higher degree's. But that always makes me think of something my Dad told me.

My Mom and Dad are strong believers in education but my Dad told me "Never forget, the more educated a person becomes the more they know about less."

It is something I have never forgotten. And it explains why so many people can be so well schooled but so poorly educated. They know so much about one thing that they know little or nothing about everything else.

Rusty
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#20]
"..these people follow charlatans and demogogues of the robber baron.."
If this were the case, they would have voted democrap since I have never seen bigger charlatans, demogogues, or robber barons than those in the democrapic party.
the rural folks aren't as edumacated as the city folks?? ...and those ghetto types you have in your cities are how well educated??
Speaking of democrapic demogogues, this fellow who posted on DU is one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top