Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2002 6:54:32 PM EDT
I recently had two rifles for sale on the EE board. I was contacted by a member of this board wanting to purchase both of these rifles off of the record, because he didn't think that "they need to know everything I have."

I responded to him that I could only sell these rifles thru an FFL transfer, or thru a face to face purchase if he was a resident of the state where I live. He quickly replied that he "would have to pass on the purchase."

I too am against the feds having a finger in all that I do. But I personally take offense at being solicited by someone on this board to participate in a felony transfer of firearms.

WTF is wrong with people?  Is this guy a Fed trolling the board looking for someone dumb enough to agree to break the law? Is this someone who regularly participates in this kind of activity, or someone who does not qualify to purchase a firearm via legitimate channels? Or is he just too stupid to realize that he would be breaking the law. I frankly ruled out the latter as soon as he replied that he ws not interested in the rifles via an FFL transfer.

Be careful guys, the wolves are always at the door.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps its a member of the media trying to hook you into a starring role in their latest undercover show (complete with dramatic hidden cameras) on gun shows, or gun purchases over the internet.

Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]
You fight fire with fire.....sorta the same way you fight crime..with crime.

What a country we live in.

Rick
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I would never, in a million years, dream of doing a sale, even in the same state, without a FFL involved!

I don't want a visit in the middle of the night by the BATF because one of my guns was used in a crime.  I want to be sure that there is a paper trail that proves I lawfully sold the firearm.  Also, I have no way of knowing if the person purchasing the firearm was "suitable" (not a felon).  While not legally required to take these steps, courts are much to liberal in assigning liability for me to take the risk.  
For the $25 to $50 FFL transfer charge, I'd rather have some piece of mind.

If the person wants to pass my offer of a sale because of that, that's his loss, not mine.

Don't be a fool. Don't get a visit by the Feds because you sold to a felon!
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a thought,

Should you notify the Mods of this guy so they might keep an eye on his post?

I don't know, just wondered, might save some grief.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#7]
How long is this guy been a member, and how many posts does he have?
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Perhaps he had heard so much about the mythical "gun show loophole" that he decided to take advantage of it.  [whacko]
View Quote

[:D]

Fed? Maybe...[(:)]
Felon? Soon to be convicted?[xx(]
Fool? Confirmed![V]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
"turn him in " "Breaking the law" " FELON" "Watch him"

He may have been a BAD GUY (Troll, Fed,Felon) or he could have been a guy who didnt want to be another database.

How many of YOU wished YOU were not in a ATF database ?

If he was your best friend would it still be WRONG ? It would still be against the law even if he was your best friend ? We must always obey the law, right?

Everybody should protect themselves to the level the are comfortable with. Not every deal needs a FFL to be kosher.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top