Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2013 5:11:01 AM EDT
How is this not an SBR? Does anybody think this is a good buy? sorry can not hot link.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/featured-not-published/zastava-pap-m92-pv-pistol-w-krinkov-style-muzzle-brake-sb-47-stabilizing-arm-brace-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Sig makes the same thing for ar's. Atf letter and everything.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome friend.  It has probably been lonely under that rock.

Sig SB15 arm brace.  Looks like they have an AK version now.

Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you even freedom bro?
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

HA Yeah I dont get out much. Well since its old news never mind, I think if I want a Krink AK, I will pay the 200 bucks and SBR it.  Besides that "arm brace" looks like a tacticool dildo.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
HA Yeah I dont get out much. Well since its old news never mind, I think if I want a Krink AK, I will pay the 200 bucks and SBR it.  Besides that "arm brace" looks like a tacticool dildo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Buy the krink with the brace, pay the $200, put a real stock on when the stamp shows up. Until then you can shoot your dildo AK.

Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Because the fucking retards in our govt have declared one style is an arm brace and another is a stock.

So....because they say so.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
To answer the op question,  it is not a rifle because it is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.

The arm brace is not long enough for a person to shoulder the weapon, thus, it is a pistol.

By comparison, if you put a rifle stock on your glock, it becomes a rifle as it is then able to be fired from your shoulder.

Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To answer the op question,  it is not a rifle because it is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.

The arm brace is not long enough for a person to shoulder the weapon, thus, it is a pistol.

By comparison, if you put a rifle stock on your glock, it becomes a rifle as it is then able to be fired from your shoulder.
View Quote

Orly.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Federal laws. ADA vs NFA. Ain't life grand. I have a disability, so I get to own sbr's with no stamp. Suck on that ATF. Just kidding, but if one had a real disability and a good lawyer.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
The ruling is based on its INTENDED PURPOSE, which is that of an arm brace that was specifically designed to help disabled vets fire AR pistols. It was approved for that usage (as a brace for pistols). The fact that it may or may not be able to be used as a stock is inconsequential.

and for those people in states that do not allow NFA items, it's a "brace" for sore eyes.

It does, however, look like dildos.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#11]
NFA is bullshit anyway and we all know it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:34:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Enjoy your new sex toy
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 7:01:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is this not an SBR? Does anybody think this is a good buy? sorry can not hot link.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/featured-not-published/zastava-pap-m92-pv-pistol-w-krinkov-style-muzzle-brake-sb-47-stabilizing-arm-brace-detail.html?Itemid=0
View Quote

13'er worried ......
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#14]
An SBR or not?  You aren't qualified to make that decision.  You're just a grunt 13-er.

No offense.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NFA is bullshit anyway and we all know it.
View Quote

/Thread
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
I continue to be puzzled that ATF signed off on that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I continue to be puzzled that ATF signed off on that.
View Quote

They'll change their mind eventually.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#18]
ATF letter, it's an arm brace not a stock.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Oooooor:

Who gives a shit? Go shoot it, enjoy it, and stop hoping the ATF does something that makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 5:06:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Orly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Orly.
Furthermore, improper use of said dildo brace thingy is not necessarily illegal.  All that matters is that it was is not designed to be fired from the shoulder.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top