Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2013 7:34:25 AM EDT
1) Sam's does not accept American Express or Visa credit issued by a major TARP bank. However, they do accept Visa debit from a moderately large TARP bank, and FSA Express/EBT/Visa debit issued by a state welfare agency.

2) While walking by the crowd as the store opened , I over hearing the remarks of a stout Heffer of the 'we president now' variety that, "they threatening Obama's rule cause they's trying to take away our free health care.

I have to wonder just exactly who that erudite and well spoken citizen thinks "they" are?

I would of liked to have stood around and heard her continue on with her public policy analysis, but I was in a hurry to get the things I needed for company tonight.

That's all: my quick CSB report from the trenches
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
How many lobster tails did she buy with her EBT card?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That place is a joke.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I won't go there after 10am, that's when they open the doors to all the members here.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I won't go there after 10am, that's when they open the doors to all the members here.
View Quote

Yup, a business membership is the same price as an individual....
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1) Sam's does not accept American Express or Visa credit issued by a major TARP bank. However, they do accept Visa debit from a moderately large TARP bank, and FSA Express/EBT/Visa debit issued by a state welfare agency.

2) While walking by the crowd as the store opened , I over hearing the remarks of a stout Heffer of the 'we president now' variety that, "they threatening Obama's rule cause they's trying to take away our free health care.

I have to wonder just exactly who that erudite and well spoken citizen thinks "they" are?

I would of liked to have stood around and heard her continue on with her public policy analysis, but I was in a hurry to get the things I needed for company tonight.

View Quote

IT"S NOT FREE YOU FSA FUCKS. People who actually wake up everyday & work, pay for it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That place is a joke.
View Quote

They trick you into thinking you're getting more for less, but really you're just getting more and paying more.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is your answer. The source of the card does not matter. The accept debit, but not credit.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:42:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
1) Sam's does not accept . . . Visa credit issued by a major TARP bank.
View Quote

How... do they even know that?  I assumed (wrong, I supposed) that Visa acted as an intermediary between vendors and card issuers.  How would any vendor know which bank a Visa was issued from?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:43:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They trick you into thinking you're getting more for less, but really you're just getting more and paying more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That place is a joke.

I priced some things (formula stood out) and found that Walmart had the same items in smaller packages at a lower unit price.  Sam's may have some other items as loss-leaders, or stuff that you just do not find at Walmart, but my brief research discouraged me from investigating much more.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How many lobster tails did she buy with her EBT card?
View Quote
I didn't stalk her, though I should have for a much more concise an in depth field report. I was in a hurry, and she hung back doing the head gyrations and hand flapping thing that many people of such great learning and perspicacity as she does when engaging in political discourse.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That place is a joke.

I know, but, I needed Sabra brand Hummus for my Kosher Vegetarian guests
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There is your answer. The source of the card does not matter. The accept debit, but not credit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They take Master Card, Wally's though (for some reason) takes Visa as pointed out by the clerk at hte self checkout
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How... do they even know that? I assumed (wrong, I supposed) that Visa acted as an intermediary between vendors and card issuers. How would any vendor know which bank a Visa was issued from?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How... do they even know that? I assumed (wrong, I supposed) that Visa acted as an intermediary between vendors and card issuers. How would any vendor know which bank a Visa was issued from?

They don't take any Visa credit, TARP or not.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Irony.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That place is a joke.

I just go there mainly to restock the office with water, K-cups, and sodas since it is right down the road from work. The meat department isn't terrible, have bought stuff from there for employee cookouts before.

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any other differences between earlier hours?

Mother in law pays for a membership, and gives the wife the "complimentary" card.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Irony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Irony.

of in place of have is my biggest grammatical pet peeve.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Irony.

funny I had it that way.

One of the foibles of having read so much crap written in vernacular prose over the years.

Third grade was long time ago, and the Jesuits only required one comp class and one lit class for their humanities core requirement.

Ask me about the International Building Code
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

bingo... flash my business member card and get in bright and early
walk into a empty sams club and buy my bulk toilet paper in peace

the visa credit card thing irritates me... I cant use my business card to pay for busines supplies

ETA: as mentioned not everything is a good deal... I did the math and I save enough on toilet paper and paper towels and stuff like that to pay the yearly member fee
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Irony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Irony.

Oh you too professor?

Appeal to authority much?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh you too professor?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Irony.

Oh you too professor?

Wha?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:07:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I know you're sure as hell not a farmer/rancher. You might want to look up the actual spelling of the word "heifer." Unless you meant something else by "stout Heffer."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Irony.

funny I had it that way.

One of the foibles of having read so much crap written in vernacular prose over the years.

Third grade was long time ago, and the Jesuits only required one comp class and one lit class for their humanities core requirement.

I know you're sure as hell not a farmer/rancher. You might want to look up the actual spelling of the word "heifer." Unless you meant something else by "stout Heffer."

I don't take time to look up spellings of technical agriculture terms used here primarily as slang , hell, I barely even type. First time I've probably wrote it too.

It reads the same, and I honestly can't say I've ever seen the word in print, not being a rancher and all. I'll ask the cattleman who leases pasture from me how he spells it next time I see him. He's just a hick worth a few million but probably retains it in memory from all of the auction inventories he's read.
I should just keep Word open and draft there to keep up with the standards of the elite of Arfcom.

Yep 13er
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't take time to look up spellings of technical agriculture terms used here primarily as slang , hell, I barely even type. First time I've probably wrote it too.

It reads the same, and I honestly can't say I've ever seen the word in print, not being a rancher and all. I'll ask the cattleman who leases pasture from me how he spells it next time I see him. He's just a hick worth a few million but probably retains it in memory from all of the auction inventories he's read.

I should just keep Word open and draft there to keep up with the standards of the elite of Arfcom.

Yep 13er
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Irony.

funny I had it that way.

Yep 13er

You are completely missing the point, oh you erudite and well spoken citizen.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How... do they even know that?  I assumed (wrong, I supposed) that Visa acted as an intermediary between vendors and card issuers.  How would any vendor know which bank a Visa was issued from?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

issuing bank is coded in first 8 digits, maybe it's first 4.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Wha?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Irony.

Oh you too professor?

Wha?

Given: Everyone with perfect grammar and spelling's opinions should be heavily weighed in consideration for their efficacy.

Then: If they don't meet this standard they should be ridiculed and cast aside as pedestrian and lacking in verity.

Although you make many great points in your criticisms here, and I appreciate many of them as examples of sound reasoning but not always of sound judgenment; that is how you sometimes seem when you attack a commentator that for whatever reason you feel needs belittling.

You are quite accomplished in both respects.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Given: Everyone with perfect grammar and spelling's opinions should be heavily weighed in consideration for their efficacy.

Then: If they don't meet this standard they should be ridiculed and cast aside as pedestrian and lacking in verity.

View Quote

No, it's not that at all.

It's the idea that you ridiculed a woman for nonstandard english asociate with lower to middle class black Americans, while simultaneously demonstrating a nonstandard use of english commonly asociated with middle class white Americans.  Then, when called on it, failed to notice your double standard - and instead started making excuses that would apply just as well - if not more so - to the subject of your OP.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes master and protector of the downtrodden......jesus why bother.

You need a twelve step program for whatever it is that drives you, your like a damn addict with your fetish for pounding people you find beneath you.

I tried, fuck it, lunch is over, gotta go make money without a GSA sinecure
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Shop at Costco, not to many FSA there. Plus Costco products are way better than any Sams Garbage.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You need a twelve step program for whatever it is that drives you, your like a damn addict with your fetish for pounding people you find beneath you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and the point of this thread, was?

Double irony.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#31]
My punkchewashun and grammer may not be real good, but since I have takened the Evlyn Woodhead Sped red'n corse my comprension have impraved marketly, and vocublary two.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

It's the idea that you ridiculed a woman for nonstandard english asociate with lower to middle class black Americans, while simultaneously demonstrating a nonstandard use of english commonly asociated with middle class white Americans. Then, when called on it, failed to notice your double standard - and instead started making excuses that would apply just as well - if not more so - to the subject of your OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the idea that you ridiculed a woman for nonstandard english asociate with lower to middle class black Americans, while simultaneously demonstrating a nonstandard use of english commonly asociated with middle class white Americans. Then, when called on it, failed to notice your double standard - and instead started making excuses that would apply just as well - if not more so - to the subject of your OP.
Excuse no reasons yeas.

Get off your high horse.

I notice what could be considered a double standard, but I know who I am regardless of regionalisms I pick up where ever I have lived.

And, yes she was black trash and yes I ridiculed her. I ridiculed her white bretheren yesterday.

I am an equal oppertunity offender. You though remarkable at times can just plain come across as prick in your smugness and mission to put everyone in your asigned place.

I don't care in any case.

I gotta go

Mammon calls

Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#33]
SAMs is to Walmart, what Costco is to Target.

That's why when Costco opened up about 1/2 a mile from Sams, most decent folk went there. I dropped my Sams membership after standing in line surrounded by ethnic store owners  pushing pallet carts full of resell items and waiting as ghetto goblins ran the cash register. I figure if I was paying money to shop, I should not feel like I was in Somalia.

It's a whole different world over at Costco. People are friendly and courteous.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Sam's does take AMEX online.

My bank refuses Sam's online purchases made with a debit card because it shows up as though you are in Wal-Mart (physically) trying to make a purchase without (physically) inputting the PIN (in other words, fraud).

Sam's knows about this 'glitch' in their online system but apparently can't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#35]
"Heifer" (Unless she has children. Then she'd be a cow.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top