Link Posted: 11/11/2002 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#2]
let 'em talk!

I think we're doin just fine here.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about glocktalk but goatboy was very helpful with my ar15 registration
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:07:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Camshaft:
ar15.com is slower than the return of christ
View Quote

Ouch...
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
"ar15.com is slower than the return of christ"

true...but what's a glock? is that the black thing that came with my tupperware set?
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:31:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know about glocktalk but goatboy was very helpful with my ar15 registration
View Quote

[beer]Welcome!![beer]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree with the email problem.  Atleast 3 people I've reqruited for the site cannot visit it because of their hotmail and yahoo email addresses.

Does anyone know a way around this?  A staff or mod to talk to in order to directly sign up a prospective member?  How about building in a "sponsor" type function, where we can directly sign our friends/relatives up from our accounts?  It'll eliminate trolls and dickweeds, won't it?
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
wtf?

[url]http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114588[/url]

View Quote

"It is foolishness and endless trouble to cast a stone at every dog that barks at you." - George Silver, gentleman, c.1600

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
- --CHARLES MANSON [%|]  

Link Posted: 11/11/2002 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
let 'em talk!

To each his own.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How about building in a "sponsor" type function, where we can directly sign our friends/relatives up from our accounts?  It'll eliminate trolls and dickweeds, won't it?
View Quote

[b]Great Idea !![/b]

I'll toss it by the most esteemed Goat. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I agree with the email problem.  Atleast 3 people I've reqruited for the site cannot visit it because of their hotmail and yahoo email addresses.

Does anyone know a way around this?  A staff or mod to talk to in order to directly sign up a prospective member?  How about building in a "sponsor" type function, where we can directly sign our friends/relatives up from our accounts?  It'll eliminate trolls and dickweeds, won't it?
View Quote

If they are NRA members they can get free valid e-mail here:

[url]http://www.MyNRA.com[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
wtf?

[url]http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114588[/url]

View Quote

They got our back:

[i]Originally posted by exterm223 [/i]
[B]This thread should not only be locked, it should be deleted. AR-15's server may be slow and you may hate it so DON'T USE IT. I'm sure they won't miss you. You obviously don't have the ability to express yourself in a manner befitting attention from others. The title you choose (for this thread), if anything, caused damage between Ar-15 and Glocktalk. Many of their members are members here or read stuff here and vise versa. They even have and probably will continue to stand behind us. We are all in the RKBA war together and you shouldn't be allowed to post if all your going to do is try to divide us. Go join the HCI or learn to title your threads with some tact.

As far as other sites you could and possibly should join.

Try the Brady Campaign's Forums.
HCI probably has some.
The Democratic Underground.

Getting the point? Show some tact and change the title. Your as welcome here as anywhere just don't do things that will cause a divide between RKBA groups.

The Firing Line ([url]www.thefiringline.com[/url])
Full Auto ([url]www.full-auto.com[/url]) (I think this server is a little slow)
AR-15 (e-mail a mod) ([url]www.ar15.com[/url]) Maybe even say sorry for being so rude?
Umm, there are several more that slip my mind at the moment. [/B]
View Quote

Scott

Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Patricia just locked the thread.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:30:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
oh yea!? well at least my ar15 doesn't kaboom [:D]

mike
View Quote

After what I saw at the range I would never buy the plastic gun,[b]EVER![/b]
When someone says "K-B" you automatically think of Glock.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:15:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been there since '99, and they are good people.  Eric doesn't put up with as much stuff as here, but it's still a great site.

I have 2 Glocks (19, 20) and have never personally seen one Kb or heard about one doing so locally.  Almost every one I've heard about on the net were caused by the 'nut' behind the trigger.  Say what you will, I'll keep my tupperware and smile.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, looks like their own did a pretty good job of defending us.

Thanks GT'ers!  [beer]
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I have a ton of Glocks.  They are pretty nice weapons and their finish is unbeatable.

(I prefer SIG's though...)

My wife had a KB on a brand new G19. (the FIRST time I ever took her shooting!)

I was using (don't laugh -- this was a long time ago, before I became aware of their reputation) American Ammuntion!
It was SHIT -- packaged in a clear plastic case. (NOT Federal American Eagle!)

The gun literally blew apart and also destroyed the factory hi-cap that I had in it.

It was a brand new gun, I bought it for her that same day.  The rangemaster was surprised that she wasn't more injured than she was.
(she just had numbness in her hand and fingers for a few weeks -- no other trauma)

The dealer sent the gun back and Glock replaced all of the parts. I ended up with a gun 3 different serial numbered parts. (the plastic receiver / the slide / the barrel)

AND... American Ammunition of Miami paid for the entire repair bill.  (guess they didn't want to get sued [:D])

Truthfully, they should have replaced the gun w/ a new one since it had all of about 10 rounds through it. (verified by the gun store owner / rangemaster)

BUT... it didn't bother me all that much.  Glock was really nice about everything. (a guy named "Shelly" took care of everything and even replaced my "splintered" hi-cap mag)

I have probably purchased a dozen more Glocks (19's / 21's / 17's and one 26) after that incident and would not hesitate to buy another.
[:)]

[b]BTW:  GlockTalk is a great site !!  [/b]Eric is truly a "class act" even though he censors the word "McUZI" [:D]

(try to type it when you post a message //  it gets replaced with all "*" )   hahahaha
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
[b]BTW:  GlockTalk is a great site !!  [/b]Eric is truly a "class act" even though he censors the word "McUZI" [:D]

(try to type it when you post a message //  it gets replaced with all "*" )   hahahaha
View Quote

It's true.....

Scott

Link Posted: 11/11/2002 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#24]
After everything I read and saw about the M16 in Vietnam I would never buy an AR15.[x]

Quoted:
After what I saw at the range I would never buy the plastic gun,[b]EVER![/b]
When someone says "K-B" you automatically think of Glock.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top