Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2001 1:48:03 PM EDT
After listening to some of the Marines in my unit talk about politics, I learned a disturbing fact that some of them are liberals who are, maybe not totally anti-gun, but they don't care about gun laws whatsoever. Many of them voted for Al Gore, because the only thing that mattered to them was they thought Gore was better financialy for them. They didn't care about rights and freedoms. Some of them just love anti-gun Mayor of Chicago, Richard(I Run the State of Illinois) Daley.
For those who are in the USMC, know that Marine is symbolic to the word rifleman. Some of these Marines don't even bother to pick up a rifle unless qualification day comes along and by some miracle, they pass.
Now I know all of us who joined the armed services took an oath that included we would defend the constitution of the United States.
It appears that the only freedom that some of these hypocritical military personal care to defend is the freedom of the all-mighty dollar.
I'm always glad when I see posts from pro-gun military personal,active or inactive on these boards.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 2:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine at work is an ex-Marine. Hates guns, thinks no one should have one. Why join the USMC then?
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont understand military members who are liberal. Then again, I dont understand liberals all together.

One resever weekend, we were sitting in the defense and I had a maching gun attached to my squad. I was shootin the BS with the machine gunner about hunting. I asked him if he hunted, and he said, "no. My parents are liberals. They dont like guns."

I was in awe at this irony. I said to him, "so, they allow you to join an organization, whose primary purpose is to kill their fellow man, not to mention that YOU ARE A MACHINE GUNNER."

I just dont understand...

Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
"Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?"
"Who said that!?! Who the fVck said that!?!" LOL [:D]

I have met a few army guys who voted for gore, pissed me off. They didn't give a crap about gun rights. They didn't care about guns, didn't like 'em. Don't know why the hell they joined the army. Most Army guys though (at least the ones I hang out with) are pretty pro-gun. We go out shooting and hunting and have a good time. Lots are NRA/GOA, voters, and fairly political.

Now Air Farce, whew, don't even let me get started. I had to work with a bunch of them last year and every one of 'em were gore voters. They all had that stuck up-a$$ "why do [i]you people[/i] need all those guns? What, do you want to go kill people or something?" piece of sh!t attitude that makes me want to kick someone in the teeth! (Because I'd never use my gun for violence.)

See, now I got started so I also have to disclaim that all Air force folks aren't anti gun. Just nearly all of them that I have met. BTW, 9 out of 10 of the AF anti-gunners were females. Lesson to be learned: A female in the air force is probably not a good candidate to be a gun owner.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I ran into one army guy at the range I go to who told me, after I shot MY ammo through MY rifle, I shouldn't have my AR-15 because "only military personel had the training to be effective and safe with this type of weapon." I had been spotting his shots through a scope, and I took no small amount of joy in telling him that his groups were larger than mine. [:D]

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#8]
My father. (E-6,Army) Although I don't think that he was anti-gun before Viet Nam.
Still...Thank God anti-gun did'nt carry over to me.
Lew
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#9]
[left]I can relate to this. i worked at a factory making mirrors for car's. when some people talked about shooting sports i told them what i liked to shoot. they assumed i was a nut with weapons. if you had a bolt action rifle its ok but if you have an AR15 you are automaticly labeled a nut and crazy wacko!
and i told them that an ar15 is nothing more than a varment gun. too many people watch's TV. stonebridge and the media has done nothing to protect are right's. has for the military everone i knew liked weapons but that was 13 years ago. then some idiot in the town i live in had illegal Fully automatic AK47's a state cop stop him for a trafic violation he jumped out and shot the cop in the head. he fired 29 shot's. then one day the girl i knew well; her brother shot himself in the head don't know why. but she avoided me entirely  "because i love guns" she could not bring herself to come around me. A boy i grew up with got a hold of a muzzle loader; the primer pocket was plugged his dad told him to leave it alone but no; still loaded he lit up a cigerate then tend to peek down the barrel to see "Something" then
"Bang" the bullit when right threw his chin through the top of his head and through the roof his mom found him this way! i knew this
boy! the tragity's we all see on tv is not to distance from me![/left]  
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
sounds like some people associate the item with the tragedy.

Our engineer on the boat (an 0-4, not a lt. commander) from the PR of Mass. was vocally anti-gun.  We pinned him down on this one day.  His thing was that guns are meant for killing, and if you had one, it meant that you intended to kill someone or at the very least was waiting for the opportunity.

I had qualified as a ship's machinist.  I doubt if the Southbend 10 lathe with all the trimmings had 20 hours runtime on it since new construction - it was used so little.  I wanted to do a bit of gunsmithing on board, but if he heard about it my ass would have been grass.

He deserved his nickname - the goatfaced boy.  We should have drug him down to condensate bay, pulled his pants off, and duct taped him hand and foot to the railings with a "free sex" sign - just like that torpedoman who set foot aft of the watertight door.  What a buddy fu**er.

BTW, we were prohibited from doing this to midshipmen as the command wanted to steer them towards sub service instead of Marines, surface, or air.    
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
There is one member of my son's USMC Reserve unit who is a police officer in Oakland, CA who is extremely anti private gun ownership.

On the other hand...

Their unit goes to requalify next month and and several of them, who are not anti gun, have jumped at my son's and my offer to go to my range between now and then and use OUR PRIVATE collection of AR15s to get in some much needed practice. Even the staff NCO and platoon SGT have encouraged anyone who can to take advantage of the offer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]
My father-in-law, ex-Army Col.

"Semi auto, mil guns are not for the public.  Why would anyone need guns like that?"  My response: To bust a-holes who don't respect the LAW!  Military or hoodlums.

"That M1 Garand will put it on the mark, if you hold it still...."  My response: that's why I love it so much, killed many of the USA enemy!

"  That M1A has a flash hider, that's not necessary..."  My response, Unless you want to remain unseen in a firefight!

" Ar-15, only police need a gun like that, to get bad gun guys....."  My response:Those police are always moral, Knowing the only way of truth.

"Only the military need those kinds of guns."  My response:  I am a second class citizen under a LAW, keeping me under a tyrant who wishes to tell me how to follow..

Last,  the AK attacker in Boston Mass during 2000 Christmas, "That Charleston Heston and the NRA, can be proud now!,"  I said,  If my AK was on the table at the office...That SOB would be dead now.

He and I get along fine.  I pray he lives past the cancer,

steady
Link Posted: 4/13/2001 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dont understand military members who are liberal. Then again, I dont understand liberals all together.

One reserve weekend, we were sitting in the defense and I had a maching gun attached to my squad. I was shootin the BS with the machine gunner about hunting. I asked him if he hunted, and he said, "no. My parents are liberals. They dont like guns."

I was in awe at this irony. I said to him, "so, they allow you to join an organization, whose primary purpose is to kill their fellow man, not to mention that YOU ARE A MACHINE GUNNER."

I just dont understand...

Semper Fi.
View Quote

Don't waste your time trying to understand Liberals-they do NOT make sense. Their rationale is that whatever furthers the cause of the day MUST be right-try to make sense of that-NOT! After listening to some liberal puke boyfriend my cousin brought home from college spew about why liberal ideas in politics were the ONLY correct ideas my uncle declared "He's so dumb his feet hurt!" The best thing you can do is educate yourself on how to SHRED their views with common sense conservatism and make them look like total a$$es. Until you totally humiliate a liberal with the absurdity of their views he/she will never take a rational look at what he/she believes.
Finnbear out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top