Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2013 7:56:41 AM EDT
A while back, my dad bought a Remington Model 798 in 30-06. Yesterday, he gave it to me so i could store it in my safe. I was looking over the rifle & noticed it said made in Serbia. I didn't know Remington produced rifle's outside the USA. Does anyone know anything about this rifle, Is it good? We've shot it a few times, & seemed pretty good. Even killed a hog with it. But i haven't had enough shooting time with it, to make a better assessment. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 8:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same thing (799) in .223 --essentially a CZ made model 98 in various calibers produced for Remington --decent guns Remington discontinued them around 2008 or so.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 8:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Made by Zastava.  It's a good rifle at a good price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, good to hear. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I didn't know Remington produced rifle's outside the USA.
View Quote

I didn't know plurals had a possessive apostrophe.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had the same thing (799) in .223 --essentially a CZ made model 98 in various calibers produced for Remington --decent guns Remington discontinued them around 2008 or so.
View Quote

Not quite.

"CZ" is the abreviation for the Czech Republic, and in the gun world, it usually signifies "Ceska Zbrojovka" - an arms maker in the Czech Republic.  See their US-based affiliate here:   www.cz-usa.com

Remington's rifles are made by Zastava in Serbia - a former republic of the former country "Yugoslavia"  That company also produced the high quality 98 mauser clone sold here as the M-48.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not quite.

"CZ" is the abreviation for the Czech Republic, and in the gun world, it usually signifies "Ceska Zbrojovka" - an arms maker in the Czech Republic.  See their US-based affiliate here:   www.cz-usa.com

Remington's rifles are made by Zastava in Serbia - a former republic of the former country "Yugoslavia"  That company also produced the high quality 98 mauser clone sold here as the M-48.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite.

Yep. Zastava also makes the M57 Tokarev type pistol, and made the M59 and M59/66 SKS rifles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not quite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite.

Zastava also made the yugo variant SKS rifles, and our Site Staff's official royal conveyance...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Zastava makes decent guns.  Not Miroku quality, but better than what comes out of Russian factories.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
They're about the same thing as the Interarms Mausers from several years back, correct? I think they were called the Mark X or Mark XX.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't know Remington produced rifle's outside the USA.

They don't, it was obviously a mistake. Thanks for your excellent contribution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top