Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2002 7:41:08 PM EDT
As many suggested, I would like to help "change the republican party from within" and do my part in getting the next President of the United States elected. My candidate is a hero and veteran of the Vietnam war and has loyally served his constituents through is many terms in the United States Senate. He is a man who is the vision of the [b]future[/b] Republican party. This man's name is the HONORABLE SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN. At this time I would like to suggest his running mate, another veteran of the Vietnam War, ALBERT GORE. This campaign ticket is a winning combination as they would appeal to both the Republicans and Democrats. The greatest side effect would be that the Libertarians would be rendered completely ineffective as their swing votes would no longer be relied upon. Gun owners would find it very hard not to vote for these 2 fine gentlemen as they both had received "A" ratings from the NRA and hail from very pro-gun rights states: McCain from the great state of Arizona and Gore from the great state of Tennessee.

So I ask you to join with me as I innagurate the McCain/Gore 2004 United States Presidential Campaign!

Please feel free to print out and proudly display these graphics, courtesy of THE LOTE CAMPAIGN.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fmccaintext%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fmccaingore%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know if I should laugh or puke.

Really.

You have an odd sense of humor.

Maybe I'll run for President myself.  I could run on the slogan "You could do worse...and you already have!"

I'm pretty sure I could bring in the pro-gun vote, as that's my main issue.    The rest are all of secondary importance as the 2nd amendment protects the rest.   First we restore gun rights completely, and from there,  restoring the others is fairly easy to do as it's not wise to argue with 150 million armed and angry citizens who want change.

I'd bargain with Congress on ANY other issue as long as I got my total pro-gun agenda, since once I got that I'd have a SERIOUS power base with which to correct the other problems.    First, at least double the across-the-board rates of pay for the armed services.   That puts the armed services solidly in my corner,  and the power play continues from that point!

Johnson for President in 2004.  Accepting campaign contributions via my PayPal account NOW!

A machine gun in every gun safe and no bag limits on anti-gun liberal democrats!  

CJ

Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
For those that don't know and think Imbroglio's statements are a bit exaggerated it is true that both had high marks on the NRA's grading scale for politicians in the 80's- it ain't B.S.  That being said still am a member and they do have the most clout and influence of any Gun-Rights lobby so it's better to be a member than not, even through all the continuing states of flux than the NRA appears to undergo on a regular basis... .
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
It pains me to admit this, but with endorsements from Jumping Jeff, a Gore/McCain team would be unstoppable.

cynic
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, it'd appeal to the worst in everybody, one way or another!

Funny thing is, I'd LIKE McCain if it wasn't for his hard-on for guns.

And Gore reminds me of a liberal Dan Quayle.  It's hard to hate a guy who seems so likable but it's hard to work up a good batch of respect for him, either.

Gore is not Presidential material but I can see him owning a chain of convenience stores.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Imbro...you're going to hell for screwing with our minds like that.  [;D]
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#8]
NO Thanks I would rather see CMJOHNSON run I like his plans a lot better. I could not trust GORE...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top