Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2002 4:19:42 PM EDT
Its just so realistic and gruesom,I wonder if anything good will be left.

I don't know about you guys,but the most shocking scene for me was the hand to hand bayonet fight.Especiall the begging to stop as the guy gets stuck threw the heart.That really gave me the creeps.

I'm sure thats out.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about where you're at dude, but the St. Louis station said it was going to be played un-cut.  Kina wondering about that though, with the few wirty-durds in it.  

Get the DVD-no commercials.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow!

Uncut huh?

Thats hard to believe.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Think they played it uncut last Veteran's Day weekend too.  Probably keep doing it for a few more years, perfect movie to play lol...
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
i bet they digitally replace the weapons with flashlights and flowers.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#7]
[:(] Nothing on my channel 4!
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think they cut or edited anything.  It's as gruesome and intense as the DVD, at least in the parts I caught.

Watching that movie really takes the romance out of marching bravely off to battle!   I still don't know how they managed to make it all so realistic without actually killing some actors!

And yes,  that WAS Vin Diesel in SPR, as I thought! I had to drop in the DVD and check the credits to be sure.

CJ

Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't know about you guys,but the most shocking scene for me was the hand to hand bayonet fight.Especiall the begging to stop as the guy gets stuck threw the heart.That really gave me the creeps.

I'm sure thats out.
View Quote

Nope, that's in, I've just seen it. The SS guy is begging the ranger too, btw, to give up so he wouldn't have to kill him.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]
My vote for the most shocking moment of that movie was the 20mm head shot at just a few meters' range.  Double ick.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Barry Pepper gets off 8 shots from his 1903 before getting blown up.  Realism is great in the movie, but I look for little things like that.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I just watched that dvd the other day.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure thats out.
View Quote

Nope, that's in, I've just seen it. The SS guy is begging the ranger too, btw, to give up so he wouldn't have to kill him.
View Quote

And here I thought he was pleading with him to just accept it, that everything would be over - sick as that is. What do you think he was trying to do with the sharp metal instrument inches away from the GI's body... encourage him to surrender? If he was he could have gotten off him and retrieved a gun. I don't think [u]anyone[/u] was looking to take prisoners in that encounter...
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#15]
82ndAbn,

I've often wondered that myself.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#16]
You think seeing it on TV uncut is bad, you should have seen it in the theater. The TV washes out enough of the color and distorts the filming enough to make the TV uncut version almost PG-13 compared to watching it in a movie theater.
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#17]
it was broadcast in hd & surround on abc here in dfw.  not too bad.......
Link Posted: 11/10/2002 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I've always wondered about the the scene on the beach where Tom Hanks takes his rifle out of the plastic(?) wrapper.  Does anyone know the history behind this?  Was this realistic???

I assume they knew what they were doing. With all the effort and detail they put into that movie, I find it hard to believe they would goof on such an insignificant scene.

Link Posted: 11/10/2002 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
A lot if not most GIs did keep their rifles in plastic.  They didn't want to get the sand and water mix into their rifles.  You wouldn't do much shooting until you got on the beach anyways, and most veterans report they didn't do much shooting on the beach anyways, all the Germans were in pillboxes and there wasn't anything to shoot at.  
I have seen people sell these plastic bags for collectiables.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top