Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2002 7:57:43 AM EDT
Okay, I messed up. My VCR got set to SP instead of EP while recording last night, and I missed all of "FireFly" after River brought the Hodgeberries to Simon in the clinic after they were kidnapped. Couple of simple questions:

1) Did Mal save everyone again?
2) What is Shepherd's Alliance affiliation?

Scott

Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I watched it all...What the HELL is it about???
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#2]
1) Yes. ( Had Jayne hanging out of Serenity with what looked like a shotgun with laser sight. Mal and the ugly woman came into town carry longarms and rescued the Doctor and his loony sister as they were about to be burned at the stake.)

2) Not revealed.

Weird show. Lots of Hollywood anachronisms.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It is a Space-getti Western® set in the future!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Okay, I messed up. My VCR got set to SP instead of EP while recording last night, and I missed all of "FireFly" after River brought the Hodgeberries to Simon in the clinic after they were kidnapped. Couple of simple questions:

1) Did Mal save everyone again?
2) What is Shepherd's Alliance affiliation?

Scott

View Quote

Book declined to tell of any Alliance affliliation when questioned by Mal, played it off that the Alliance just appreciates Shepherds.  Seems we'll find out later.   I'l hazard a guess that Book was a regular Audie Murphy type before finding the Lord.

River let on she knew what had happened to the mute girl (mom went psycho & killed her sister & tried to kill her) & the villagers wigged because they thought River was a witch ("She turned me into a newt!  [NI]).  She ends up tied to a stake getting ready for the fire to be lit when the Serenity flys up & hovers overhead-cargo door opens with Jayne on a rappeling line dangles out holding a laser sighted shotgun(?) on the lynchmob while Mal & Zoe come up from behind.  Mal says something to the effect that River might be a witch but "she's OUR witch" & the lynchmob should be less worried about God's anger & more worried about the angry psycho with the big gun hanging out of the ship-who didn't want to come back anyways & is looking for an excuse to kill some folks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
1) Yes. ( Had Jayne hanging out of Serenity with what looked like a shotgun with laser sight. Mal and the ugly woman came into town carry longarms and rescued the Doctor and his loony sister as they were about to be burned at the stake.)

2) Not revealed.

Weird show. Lots of Hollywood anachronisms.
View Quote

Gina Torres/"Zoe" ugly? [:\]  To each his own I guess, some folks just don't appreciate brownsugar....  It seems some of the sci-fi fanboy trekoids dislike it because the show actually uses firearms rather than deus ex machina phasers & transporters.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2002 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Jayne:
"Dear diary:
Today I was pompous, and my sister was crazy..."

Thank you, Joss Wheedon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top