Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2002 4:58:25 PM EDT
I mostly drink Budweiser or Coors, but always liked Sam Adams not as beer that you got drunk on, but enjoyed sometimes with a favorite meal.

I have no problem with Bud and Coors Light, it definitely sells alot, though the tour guide at the plant near me said Bud light is Budweiser and water-  I'd rather pay for beer than water.

My problem is, I always held Sam Adams as one of the beer pioneers for a more flavorful beer, and they market themselves that way- though they can claim that Sam Adams Light tastes good, the word "Light" just doesn't go with Sam Adams. Gives me a bad feeling, and a sense of betrayal.

Zima has survived for years, so the hope that Sam Adams Light will go away is probably dim.

Just venting, dont' know if anyone else here feels the same way about Light and Sam Adams in the same sentence, I for one am not going to buy it, no matter what I hear.  I'll even go as far as if I'm at a BBQ, and Sam Adams Light is all that's left, I'm going for a soda.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I have always been disappointed with Sam Adams beer in general. While a lot of the time I end up drinking what I can afford, I also consider myself somewhat of a "beer connoisseur." (is that arrogant? oh well) Anyway, I have serious problems with Sam Adams trying to pull of the whole microbrew thing. It has one of the top five productions of any beer in the US. I guess this is just little bit picky of me. I feel some people are doing well when they choose SA over Bud Light.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll stick with good old pro-RKBA Budweiser, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#3]
SAM ADAMS WINTER BREW ROCKS.
I will buy a 6 of it and give it a whirl.

I am not much of a lager fan but of all american mass produced beer I like sam adams boston lager the best.

microbrews and imports are a totally different catagory.

my lastest favorites

spaten: optimator
youngs: double chocolate stout
lost coast brewery: eight ball stout

http://beeradvocate.com
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
At the local beer tasting event last month (otherwise a wonderful event) I tried the new Mic Ultra.

What utter crap! It was light beer mixed with a lot of tap water.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
At the local beer tasting event last month (otherwise a wonderful event) I tried the new Mic Ultra.

What utter crap! It was light beer mixed with a lot of tap water.
View Quote

I'm a steady Michelob drinker. I drink around 5-7 gallons of the stuff per week. I tried that ultra stuff. It tastes like shit.
As to light beer read my sig line[;)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a devoted stout drinker!
If you can see sunlight through it - it isn't beer!
imo
TB
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:21:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I drink mostly Budwieser, but have always enjoyed the Sam Adams line of beers. Their Winter Lager is damn tasty (drinking one right now as a matter of fact), as well as their Creme Stout.

But I too am skeptical about the Sam Adams Light. Especially after tasting the Mich Ultra (I like regular Michelob) which tasted like midget ass.

But that said, I will still try it. At least once.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But I too am skeptical about the Sam Adams Light. Especially after tasting the Mich Ultra (I like regular Michelob) which tasted like midget ass.

But that said, I will still try it. At least once.
View Quote

I hated Mic Ultra also. I can't say that I've ever tasted "midget ass" so I really can't compare the two[:D]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Want a unique U.S beer?  Screw that yuppie shit and try Yuengling Beer.  Oldest in America, ready for prime time, exported worldwide, and brewed in Pottsville, PA.  EVERYONE has tried to buy them out, to no avail.  We used to get get three quarts for a buck when I was a kid.  They make a great ale.

It's patriotic & family owned.

In an age of excess, guzzle Yuengling.  It's quality and quanity.  It's the right thing to do.

Omar
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not a beer snob by any stretch of the imagination. I like beer, real beer. Beer is acceptable as a staple drink, like water or milk only better. Light beer is an abomination. Mass produced beers are a sin. I hate the American big three ie; Miller, Anheiser-Bush and Coors or any beer they distribute. Except in the absence of good beers they are tolerable. Samuel Adams Light? No thanks, I don't drink beer because I'm watching my weight. I drink beer because, period!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
homebrew and microbrews all the way.

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:08:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://www.arrogantbastard.com/news/3litre2002/design4/design4.gif[/img]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top