User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2002 7:14:35 AM EDT
Your Democratic collegues want to thank you for your support:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID60/16385.html

(Mods, please do not make link active)
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Right.

And none of the GOP'ers were thanking Ralph Nader in 2000?

Yeah.

the_reject
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:33:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Post from ThinkTank (on DU) -
Oh well, I've always said libertarians are just Republicans who get high.
View Quote

Now, [u]where[/u] have I heard that before? [:D]

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the Repubs need to look at why so many former Republican voters LEFT to become Libertarians.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, a lot of them vote for Republicans in important races anyway......
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Post from the_reject -
Right.

View Quote

Wrong! I continue to thank him and his Green Party every day and might for taking 106,000 votes [u]away[/u] from Al Gore in Florida!

I just want to make certain that the GOP never suffers a fate such as that!

Do [u]you[/u] see any material difference at all between the Democrats and the Green Party?

They're both pond scum to me.

Eric The(And?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe the Repubs need to look at why so many former Republican voters LEFT to become Libertarians.
View Quote

I thought we had been told that Libertarians were [u]not[/u] ex-Republicans, but came from all political persuasions?

Maybe not?

Oh, and tell me, [b]s0ulzer0[/b], what is an unimportant race, to you?

Governor? State legislator? What?

Eric The(GOPer)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought we had been told that Libertarians were [u]not[/u] ex-Republicans, but came from all political persuasions?

Maybe not?

Oh, and tell me, [b]s0ulzer0[/b], what is an unimportant race, to you?

Governor? State legislator? What?

Eric The(GOPer)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Hun, I voted for Republicans this week because I wanted them to take control, so maybe in 2004
they won't compromise my AWs away. That was important to me.

What's UN-important, good question.
I am a "torn voter". I support half of what the Libertarian party offers as well as half of what
the Republican party offers.
The only thing I'm sure of is I don't like ANYTHING the liberal demos offer.

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Right.

Yeah.

the_reject
View Quote

Uh, Yes! Yes we were!

So what is your point?

I thank those who helped make George Bush President and they are thanking those who helped make Johnson Senator.

Pretty simple really.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Merlin and Eric, are you saying you finally found commonality with DeemeecraticUnderground.com?

You seem to have sufficent agenda vs. freedom mindesets.

BTW, if YOU guys all voted Libertarian the Democrats would NOT have won that state.

Isn't placing blame fun?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Post from s0ulzer0 -
I am a "torn voter". I support half of what the Libertarian party offers as well as half of what the Republican party offers.
View Quote

Well, if it is any consolation to you, I was such a 'torn voter' back in the 70s when the GOP was going through its 'Polyester leisure suit' days of the Ford Presidency.

So the Libertarians offered the only alternative. They weren't a realistic alternative, but then I was just a young fool.

It no longer does, thank goodness! Thanks to our beloved President Reagan, you could be an anti-Establishment type and vote Republican!

So, I still do!

[b]The answer is simple - you must have a seat at the table in order to make or influence policy.[/b]

If you are not seated, I don't give a rat's ass why you are not at the table - you will have no input into the struggles that face our beleaguered Republic.

[b]And that is just as bad as being a sunshine soldier and a summer patriot![/b]

So tell me, how did the Libertarian Reresentatives vote on the Assault Weapon Ban back in 1994? Not how they would have voted, or how much they wished they could have voted, nor how much you wanted them to be able to vote, but how they actually voted?

Doesn't that say a helluva lot about not even being at the table?

Eric The(I'mOnYourSide!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Right.

Yeah.

the_reject
View Quote

Matter of fact, I was VERY grateful both to the Greens and to those senile seniors in South Florida that voted for Buchanan by accident...
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Isn't placing blame fun?
View Quote

If the shoe fits.......

Apparently, you don't understand 'cause and effect' very well.

Third party politics is a losing proposition.  Remember how well Independent Ross Perot did?  What did their moral choice achive? 8 years of Bill Clinton.  

How well did your gun rights fare?

While the GOP might not be your family, at least see it as an ally.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't placing blame fun?
View Quote

If the shoe fits.......

Apparently, you don't understand 'cause and effect' very well.

View Quote

Cause: The republicans did not run effective campaigns to get more votes. Registered republicans voted for non-republican candidates or didn't even vote at all.

Effect: republicans lost elections.

It is just that simple. Quit trying to shift away the blame. You all sound like a bunch of whiny democrats trying to blame gun manufacturers for gun violence.

"We are not responsible for our own incompetence."- The new GOP motto.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Republicans; stop blaming others for your problems.   It makes you look bad.  

Libertarians vote Libertarian because they don’t agree with Republicans.  Stop being so arrogant to think we really wanted to vote GOP.  We don’t.  If you want votes go out and get them.  Check your premises.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Post from Imbroglio -

Why don't you just use it as your sig-line instead of that DU-inspired crap you're using now?

Your handlers won't let you? [:D]

Eric The(Sure!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cause: The republicans did not run effective campaigns to get more votes.
View Quote

I find this interesting.  What would the GOP had to have done in order to gain your vote?

View Quote

The GOP achieved the Majority in both Houses of Congress.  What did the Libertarian party achive?

What is the highest ranking Libertarian? A city council seat? School Board? Dishwasher at the local Taco Bell?

Face it, Libertarians are that spoiled brat kid that if he doesn't get two scoops of ice cream and instead gets 'just' one, he throws a fit.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Post from Imbroglio -

Why don't you just use it as your sig-line instead of that DU-inspired crap you're using now?

Your handlers won't let you? [:D]

View Quote

Wrong again. How am I supposed to be inspired by a site I never even visited? FYI, that is a direct quote from dubya. Trying to shift the blame away again I see.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Republicans; stop blaming others for your problems.   It makes you look bad.  

Libertarians vote Libertarian because they don’t agree with Republicans.  Stop being so arrogant to think we really wanted to vote GOP.  We don’t.  If you want votes go out and get them.  Check your premises.  
View Quote

[u]Your[/u] side votes for candidates that have already withdrawn from the race and we look bad?

So, in the fight for the RKBA, you folks are going to try a different tact - let the DEMOS run the nation into the ground until Mondale screams for his Second Amendment rights?

Thanks, but, again, no thanks, We are winning very nicely [u]now[/u]! And I credit the talk radio phnomenon and cable news programs such as Fox more than anything any party is doing.

So does the fellow who didn't snag that open city council seat in BongWater, Nebraska, get to vote on the renewal of the AWB?

Nope, but Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) sure as Hell does!

Eric The(NoneIsSolBlindAsThoseWhoWillNotSee...)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Post from Imbroglio -
Wrong again. How am I supposed to be inspired by a site I never even visited? FYI, that is a direct quote from dubya. Trying to shift the blame away again I see.
View Quote

Oh, I think we all know whence it came, but, tell me, truthfully, do you have any good Dan Quayle [i][b]malapropos[/b][/i], as well?

I'm [u]certain[/u] that you do! [:D]

If not, stop by [b]DU[/b] on your way home tonight and pick some up!

Eric The(I'mSureThey'llGiveYouABunch!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:54:10 AM EDT
[#21]

[b]"On October 17, I suspended my campaign and endorsed John Thune in the race for U.S. Senate."[/b] ~ Libertarian Kurt Evans.
[url=http://www.kurtevans.com/]kurtevans.com[/url]

Yet over 3,000 Losertarians still voted for him even after he withdrew. [V]

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Whoa, [b]The_Macallan[/b], you are the Man!

See, the best that the Libertarian Party in South Dakota could offer understood the need to keep Tim Johnson out of a second term!

Thank you, Mr. Evans! Join us if you will, and you can run against Tom Dasshole in two years!

I can't imagine that South Dakotans would split their votes in that case - you know they are going to support the President!

Eric The(Finally!AnHonestMan!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[b]The answer is simple - you must have a seat at the table in order to make or influence policy.[/b]

Eric The(I'mOnYourSide!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

ding ding ding we have a winner

Words of wisdom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top