Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2002 6:51:30 AM EDT
OK, finally the big hunt is upon me...I'll be bringing my .357 python, .40 Glock, and my AR.

Ammo I have on hand: Black Hills 62 gr softpoint, 62 gr BlackHills Match, 55gr Lake City, 62 gr M855- --- What would you guys use, and why?  

My shots will be taken at 25-50 yards, in thick cover.

[i]Will post pics on Sunday evening if someone can tell me where to find FREE, EASY pic hosting.[/i]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#1]
There a post on this in the ammo forum. TheRedGoat uses SA surplus ammo to great effect on hogs.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=142781[/url]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
62gr Softpoint. That is the best choice you mentioned. Any of them will work in a head shot, but the FMJ stuff might not do enough damage in a less than good shot. If you are hunting on foot & the pig is moving as well, you may need softpoints. I recomend an SKS over the AR in a swamp hunt. Bigger bullet & if you drop in in the swamp you arent't as concerned.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Still looking for somewhere to host the pics...

Help!

Also, I will be using some hot 158 gr Speer HP loads for the .357 and some 155 gr Speer Gold Dots in the .40- although I would prefer to use the 180gr or 165gr, but I don't have any now.  :(

I can't wait!

Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Is wild hog really any good?[:\]

I'm not a hunter but if it's as good as pork from the store and it's for the most part free I may start.

The only thing is I'm told it has bugs or something in the meat,is this true?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Wild hog is BETTER than store-bought pork because it is more lean, and has a better flavor if prepared and cooked properly.

If the meat actually has bugs in it, it is because the meat has been stored improperly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top