Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2013 5:15:16 AM EDT
http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2013/09/11/n-rifle-machine-gun-slide-fire.cnnmoney/index.html?source=cnn_bin

"Illegal to own machine guns", Shows an AK and call it an AR-15, etc...

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Between this, and their silly little article on how turbocharging works,  CNN may in fact do 5 minutes of research and then posts the article.  

Its ridiculous because errors are so prevalent in subjects I'm familiar with, which makes me doubt articles I'm ignorant about.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Jesus, that was tarded.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag for later
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:24:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
their silly little article on how turbocharging works,  
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Yet millions of ignorant fuckwads will take that as the gospel. Reason #1146 why the Country I love is fucking doomed. I wish someone would push the re-set button already.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:31:28 AM EDT
[#7]
What about the thing that goes up on that ar-47 machine gun? That's scary and needs to be outlawed!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Between this, and their silly little article on how turbocharging works,  CNN may in fact do 5 minutes of research and then posts the article.  

Its ridiculous because errors are so prevalent in subjects I'm familiar with, which makes me doubt articles I'm ignorant about.
View Quote

At least 10 to find all those youtube videos..
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

Has always weighed heavliy on my mind when I watch the news. There's subjects that I know a little bit about and others that I know more than the media would ever try to learn, just because its too technical for their scope. But when I watch them report on subjects and completely fail at the most basic information, I cringe to think about how I have eaten up their shit on topics that I know nothing about.  Shit, I still do. And then I watch a report on guns and can't believe anyone would listen to such incorrect morons....... Yet there I am a day later, reading a report on something like its coming from a subject matter expert, and not the local kindergarten class.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

This one? http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/12/sport/motorsport/f1-back-to-the-future-turbo/index.html?hpt=hp_c5

Editor's note: An earlier version of this article contained a number of inaccuracies, for which we apologise. Christina Macfarlane and Rachel Wood, who prepared the television story, were in no way responsible for those inaccuracies. You can watch their report at the top of this article.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This one? http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/12/sport/motorsport/f1-back-to-the-future-turbo/index.html?hpt=hp_c5

Editor's note: An earlier version of this article contained a number of inaccuracies, for which we apologise. Christina Macfarlane and Rachel Wood, who prepared the television story, were in no way responsible for those inaccuracies. You can watch their report at the top of this article.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Aw, they apparently whitewashed it.  Oh well, the comments are pretty good.

ETA:  It appears they also took off the name of the author(s).  Circling the wagons I see.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#12]
The real derp is the low key (see:blatant) use of editing and hyperbole to craft the viewers mind around the agenda they want. Notice after his explanation about how bump fire stocks "evade" the law they edited in a quick shot of a grandma firing and then laughing glibly. Have no doubt the producers did this to put it in the viewers mind that evil gun owners laugh at sneaking around these common sense laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top