Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2013 4:50:01 AM EDT
http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/yahoo-ceo-faced-jail-revealed-nsa-secrets-dont-comply-treason/#.UjG0pWSG2mE

TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES…

Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer revealed the extent of harassment that the NSA has engaged in to bully tech companies into revealing American citizen’s private information. Mayer is pushing for the right to publish how many requests they get for personal information from the spy agency. For now, the company is forbidden by law to disclose how much data they provide to the government.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
She has done a phenomenal job with bringing Yahoo back from the brink, between this and her outstanding work, I really like her.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
What happens if someone were to hack Yahoo's systems and release emails that may or may not contain information about the NSA?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She has done a phenomenal job with bringing Yahoo back from the brink, between this and her outstanding work, I really like her.
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:53:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Just wondering when the People are going to get fed up and do something about it......
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not bad for her second job since graduation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Free speech was overrated anyway.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
She's easy on the eyes too...
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#9]

They only give a shit now because their entire industry and business model is being threatened. From what I'm seeing and hearing in Europe, American software and technology is being replaced wholesale. No discussion or analysis. Even having access to the source code isn't enough. It's been completely poisoned by lack of trust. Imagine that. Of course, no one could have foreseen this. I'll enjoy the first shareholder lawsuit.

So, in classic instinctive style, Obama and his minions may have managed to permanently kill yet another one of America's most productive economic sectors.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:53:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They only give a shit now because their entire industry and business model is being threatened. From what I'm seeing and hearing in Europe, American software and technology is being replaced wholesale. No discussion or analysis. Even having access to the source code isn't enough. It's been completely poisoned by lack of trust. Imagine that. Of course, no one could have foreseen this. I'll enjoy the first shareholder lawsuit.

So, in classic instinctive style, Obama and his minions may have managed to permanently kill yet another one of America's most productive economic sectors.

View Quote

Link to European alternate technology?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Linus Torvalds is Finish ::shrug::

OpenBSD, based out of Canada, includes strong cryptography and is based on the idea of security through clean, correct code.... there has only been a handful of remote exploits in the last decade.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that's change I can believe in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

This should give a good overview.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:47:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OpenBSD, based out of Canada, includes strong cryptography and is based on the idea of security through clean, correct code.... there has only been a handful of remote exploits in the last decade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did they move Berkley to Canada?

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:09:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just wondering when the People are going to get fed up and do something about it......
View Quote
It will probably come when the People can stop worrying about whether all they guys with tank and badge icons are really on their side, and won't

try to slaughter them wholesale because orders are orders.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I concur.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

She's also a major contributor to gun control groups.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What happens if someone were to hack Yahoo's systems and release emails that may or may not contain information about the NSA?
View Quote

They face an assraping under the CFAA.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It will probably come when the People can stop worrying about whether all they guys with tank and badge icons are really on their side, and won't  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick up that can or I'll follow orders.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Would've been a far bolder move to actually face jail time.  Yahoo's lawyers would've easily matched the Feds' and the publicity would've been epic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Better head to Russia ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:36:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

Source?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

History's trend is they will follow orders.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm sorry, but I don't buy it.  

The CEOs knew that was a bluff.

Can you imagine if, all of the sudden, the CEOs of major tech companies started being arrested for not providing the government full access to user information?  That would have been a huge scandal.  And imagine what would happen if one day Microsoft or Google was suddenly shut down and all assets siezed by the Feds.  That woudl be chaos.

It was an out for the companies and the CEOs.  

Not to mention, many of the CEOs and companies are major donors to the politicians in Washington.  This is a smoke screen.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Would've been a far bolder move to actually face jail time.  Yahoo's lawyers would've easily matched the Feds' and the publicity would've been epic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:49:45 AM EDT
[#26]
In before the "Just show me one case where the "Librarian" section of the Patriot Act has been used to intimidate or threaten organizations when prying a person's private information", crowd shows up.  [ETA] Oops, too late!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 8:52:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bit of a good point really.

Anyone remember back when Yahoo had user-made chat rooms?  Do you remember WHY they pulled the plug on it after allowing it for so many years?  It wasn't because the xxx-rooms were being geared at children (link), but rather because... the advertisers found out and started cutting off the money.

So, while it's nice that Yahoo is making this stance but... I rather think it's *really* because the recent news is threatening the money supply again, rather than a case of conscious on their part.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When did they move Berkley to Canada?
View Quote

I don't know that UC Berkley still distributes any version/iteration of "BSD", but the fork-of-a-fork OpenBSD is decidedly and intentionally a Canadian project as export of cryptography from the US would be subject to ITAR.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

My ears, ouch!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

According to some of the government agents on this site the government is doing nothing illegal or unconstitutional and forcing private companies to provide their private data to the government has violated no one's civil rights.  Then they demand people show even one civil rights case on this and claim the lack of any public case shows that nothing is happening.  Of course the NSA has admitted to thousands of violations and it is still impossible to name a single case.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Fuck that cowardice bitch, fuck the NSA, and fuck Obama.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What if the hackers were are already in Russia....or bouncing through several Russian proxies?

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#33]
What we need is a heroic executive who is willing to risk prison to stand up to the government.  The ensuing trial would wake up a lot of people.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd have to assume that commonwealth nations are up to the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

According to some of the government agents on this site the government is doing nothing illegal or unconstitutional and forcing private companies to provide their private data to the government has violated no one's civil rights.  Then they demand people show even one civil rights case on this and claim the lack of any public case shows that nothing is happening.  Of course the NSA has admitted to thousands of violations and it is still impossible to name a single case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and they have never lost a FISA case.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Obama is keeping us safe there has been a terrorist attack since the Boston Marathon Bombing.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Obama is keeping us safe there has been a terrorist attack since the Boston Marathon Bombing.

View Quote

I'll assume you meant "hasn't"

But really, how hard is it to tell the FBI to stop creating terror plots while arming and helping people carry out those plots?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Source?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur.

Source?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/31/gabrielle-giffords-mark-kelly-nra-pac-fundraising/2605081/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top