Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 5:14:45 PM EDT
This poses a real conundrum for liberal hipsters.

The evil libertarian capitalist Kochtopus now profits off of their favorite trinket.

"Molex" will be the buzzword that replaces "fracking", and devices will have to be certified molex-free.

The horror.

Molex Inc., a maker of electronic components for Apple Inc.'s iPhone and other products, agreed to a $7.2-billion acquisition by Koch Industries Inc., the holding company controlled by the billionaire Koch brothers.

The deal will turn Molex into a stand-alone division of Koch, with the company retaining its name and headquarters in Lisle, Ill. Molex sells interconnection systems to automakers, mobile-phone companies and military customers. That includes Apple, which uses some Molex connectors for the iPhone 5.

View Quote

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-molex-koch-20130909,0,2378709.story

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The horror!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Bit by bit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
All the more reason to buy a new iPhone?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell...they might even do something that makes me want to buy one.   Or...not.

Still  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:37:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking forward to dropping "the Koch Brothers built your phone" on some douchebag.

"Yeah, they make about 75% of it now."
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]
What electronic device made today DOESN'T have Molex connectors in it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Shhhh
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the big deal now?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]
They made the iphone all corporate
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#12]
FUCK YOU HIPSTER & SWAG FAGS!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://images2.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED21/5168867331e95.jpeg
View Quote

Easy, zippered access to the anus.  Sounds about right for how those two look.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This poses a real conundrum for liberal hipsters.

The evil libertarian capitalist Kochtopus now profits off of their favorite trinket.

"Molex" will be the buzzword that replaces "fracking", and devices will have to be certified molex-free.

The horror.

Molex Inc., a maker of electronic components for Apple Inc.'s iPhone and other products, agreed to a $7.2-billion acquisition by Koch Industries Inc., the holding company controlled by the billionaire Koch brothers.

The deal will turn Molex into a stand-alone division of Koch, with the company retaining its name and headquarters in Lisle, Ill. Molex sells interconnection systems to automakers, mobile-phone companies and military customers. That includes Apple, which uses some Molex connectors for the iPhone 5.

View Quote

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-molex-koch-20130909,0,2378709.story

View Quote

Those retarded hipsters are going to have a stroke once they realize how many products use a Molex connector of some sort, starting with their very own desktop PC/iMac.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think there are only for major makers for electronic connectors.  Not including foxconn and their blatant copies of everyone's connectors.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://images2.memedroid.com/images/UPLOADED21/5168867331e95.jpeg
View Quote

It's like I was instantly transported to the worst part of the mid '90s.

Chris Cross did it, and one of those guys is already dead. So maybe we can hold out some hope for those two fine gentlemen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Koch will buy Molex's shares for $38.50 apiece, a 31% premium over the publicly traded common stock, the companies said Monday.
View Quote

Dayum.

And to think that Nokia, a company that used to dominate the worldwide market was just sold to Microsoft for about that much.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think there are only for major makers for electronic connectors.  Not including foxconn and their blatant copies of everyone's connectors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delphi, Molex, Tycho, and Deutsch are the main ones that I can rattle off the top of my head. I don't know if Bosh has their own connector or not, or just contract out to Deutsch, but them too, if they do.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Why do they hate the Koch Brothers so much? Because liberal media tell them to?

The Koch Brothers are libertarians. You'd think young people would be down with that?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why do they hate the Koch Brothers so much? Because liberal media tell them to?

The Koch Brothers are libertarians. You'd think young people would be down with that?
View Quote

They're all rich and corporationy, not hopey and changey.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Delphi, Molex, Tycho, and Deutsch are the main ones that I can rattle off the top of my head. I don't know if Bosh has their own connector or not, or just contract out to Deutsch, but them too, if they do. [img]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What electronic device made today DOESN'T have Molex connectors in it?[img]

Delphi, Molex, Tycho, and Deutsch are the main ones that I can rattle off the top of my head. I don't know if Bosh has their own connector or not, or just contract out to Deutsch, but them too, if they do. [img]

in mobile phones its mostly molex, hirose, panasonic and a few tyco (now TE). High pin count in micro scale packages.

Delphi Deutsch and Bosche are too big.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#22]
PURE EVIL.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#23]

They are actually crappy connectors.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
PURE EVIL.

[url=
View Quote

more like
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They've been working in all my pc builds for 10 years or so now...

Speed

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#26]
It's ok.  Molex, even if owned by Koch, is a stand alone company.  Koch doesn't make any decisions for Molex.  Completely....different...
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
http://]

in mobile phones its mostly molex, hirose, panasonic and a few tyco (now TE). High pin count in micro scale packages.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What electronic device made today DOESN'T have Molex connectors in it?[url=http://

Delphi, Molex, Tycho, and Deutsch are the main ones that I can rattle off the top of my head. I don't know if Bosh has their own connector or not, or just contract out to Deutsch, but them too, if they do. [url=http://

Well, to be fair, everything around my office uses an automotive style connector, and those are the main ones that I see on Polaris, Arctic Cat, Victory, and Indian vehicles, as well as on the Kohler EFI engines, too. I'm not as familiar with the smaller connectors used in mobile electronics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top