Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 4:57:50 PM EDT
Now that the recall won on our behalf, and most likely the law will be overturned?

I thought they were in the process of moving, but not really sure where they stand currently.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

. . . most likely the law will be overturned?

View Quote

Where did you hear that?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where did you hear that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
. . . most likely the law will be overturned?

Where did you hear that?

The Internet?

Bonjour
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Democrats still have a majority in the CO Senate.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Yes.  

They will move; regardless of what happened with the recalls, and regardless of what happens with the new laws.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
In before Magpul?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now that the recall won on our behalf, and most likely the law will be overturned?

I thought they were in the process of moving, but not really sure where they stand currently.
View Quote

I personally spoke to Steve Fisher from Magpul about this earlier in the year. They are gone. They are securing mfg facilities in several places, and spreading out. Going to be a big expansion for them, once they get all set up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#8]
As much as I like magpul, the fact that so far it appears they have done nothing to move....I'm beginning to think it was all talk. I have heard that they have a new facility set up somewhere else, but I haven't seen anything confirmed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In before Magpul?
View Quote

If anything like their customer service, you probably could have posted "IN" a few months later.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope so !!! It is not like Colorado just became better again. This is a small battle in a big war against freedom.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As much as I like magpul, the fact that so far it appears they have done nothing to move....I'm beginning to think it was all talk. I have heard that they have a new facility set up somewhere else, but I haven't seen anything confirmed.
View Quote

Yes, because it's just like folding a couple tables, some chairs, a few boxes with office supplies and a rented UHAUL.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes, because it's just like folding a couple tables, some chairs, a few boxes with office supplies and a rented UHAUL.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok bro. Whatever. They have had plenty of time to at least say something. Obviously I'm aware it will take quite a while to fully move out. They were saying a few months ago they already had another location set up for some manufacturing....where is this magical location????

I admit I haven't read anything about their move lately...so maybe people do know where this location is now. But I haven't seen anything mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard they are moving to Nevada.

To a deserted lake bed up in some remote mountain areas.

A place known as "Area 87".

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how much land Larue Tactical has. Imagine a Gun Metropolis with Larue Tactical, Magpul, ARFCOM, + whoever could be drawn to Leander. They could start their own city and call it Gunville, Texas or some other bad ass name.

Gun owners all over the world could make a pilgrimage there. Just think of it, one stop shopping for anything and everything you could wish for all at one place.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also known as Magland

lol
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Just a wild guess.. perhaps they haven't said where they are moving to untill contracts for the new place(s) are signed. We can still play jump to conclusions in you want..  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok bro. Whatever. They have had plenty of time to at least say something. Obviously I'm aware it will take quite a while to fully move out. They were saying a few months ago they already had another location set up for some manufacturing....where is this magical location????

I admit I haven't read anything about their move lately...so maybe people do know where this location is now. But I haven't seen anything mentioned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you clearly don't have a clue about the logistics of moving a multi-million dollar company into multiple states so maybe you should think about that before you start criticizing them. I'm assuming you also don't have clue that many of their suppliers and vendors are moving with them. It's not going to happen overnight. They'll anounce it when they're good and ready.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wonder how much land Larue Tactical has. Imagine a Gun Metropolis with Larue Tactical, Magpul, ARFCOM, + whoever could be drawn to Leander. They could start their own city and call it Gunville, Texas or some other bad ass name.

Gun owners all over the world could make a pilgrimage there. Just think of it, one stop shopping for anything and everything you could wish for all at one place.
View Quote

Like Graceland.

Mind Blown!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I dont doubt they will move out, but I think it will be a few years. Tough to move a huge industry like magpul in a quick amount of time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Also known as Magland

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also known as Magland

lol

or Maglake
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well you clearly don't have a clue about the logistics of moving a multi-million dollar company into multiple states so maybe you should think about that before you start criticizing them. I'm assuming you also don't have clue that many of their suppliers and vendors are moving with them. It's not going to happen overnight. They'll anounce it when they're good and ready.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to be shitting me.

I thought it took a change of address form.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#22]
It takes a lot to up and move a large *manufacturing* corporation.

There are many, many factors at play.

And investors and banks have a major major say in it as well...

It is very, very rare to have a company that can do whatever it wants all the time. Most ~all companies finance expansion and growth.

Yeah, magpul says they are leaving Colorado. I believe them. But there are many, many, many factors at play, including investors and banks.

"Hey we need a short term loan to pay for a move. Hurry, I need it quick!"

"Why are you moving?"

"To say fu to Democrats."

Some banks might not like that business plan.

I trust magpul. Any person who thinks they can up and move in a day is a moron.

They may be waiting to pay for it all on their own. They may be saving up to buy property when they move...

But it is very rare to find a business that is not beholden to banks and investors. It is very rare to find a *manufacturing* business that could proceed with a *complete* move of operations immediately...

Any person who thinks that magpul could move in a day is a moron... There are significant factors at play...

Will they move? In the gun industry a promise is a promise... My bet is that they are saving up so they can pay for a complete move wholly on their own, no debt.

That is my bet.

There are significant and important factors at play with *any* business. There are double the number of factors with a company in the gun industry...

My personal bet... They are trying to finance it completely on their own, and I would also bet that they are negotiating with friendly states/locales for the best incentives... All of that is not instantaneous...

Only a moron would think it is...
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I really doubt they will ever leave.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#24]

That dude is a fucking alien.

Look at those freaking claws!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

or Maglake
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also known as Magland

lol

or Maglake

I like it!!!

All I'm saying is that I've read they were already set up in at least one new location. If I remember correctly they were almost ready to begin production there.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It takes a lot to up and move a large *manufacturing* corporation.

There are many, many factors at play.

And investors and banks have a major major say in it as well...

It is very, very rare to have a company that can do whatever it wants all the time. Most ~all companies finance expansion and growth.

Yeah, magpul says they are leaving Colorado. I believe them. But there are many, many, many factors at play, including investors and banks.

"Hey we need a short term loan to pay for a move. Hurry, I need it quick!"

"Why are you moving?"

"To say fu to Democrats."

Some banks might not like that business plan.

I trust magpul. Any person who thinks they can up and move in a day is a moron.

They may be waiting to pay for it all on their own. They may be saving up to buy property when they move...

But it is very rare to find a business that is not beholden to banks and investors. It is very rare to find a *manufacturing* business that could proceed with a *complete* move of operations immediately...

Any person who thinks that magpul could move in a day is a moron... There are significant factors at play...

Will they move? In the gun industry a promise is a promise... My bet is that they are saving up so they can pay for a complete move wholly on their own, no debt.

That is my bet.

There are significant and important factors at play with *any* business. There are double the number of factors with a company in the gun industry...

My personal bet... They are trying to finance it completely on their own, and I would also bet that they are negotiating with friendly states/locales for the best incentives... All of that is not instantaneous...

Only a moron would think it is...
View Quote

I agree. As a business owner there is so much more to moving than one would think. You have zoning issues, permits, taxes, and maybe they are being given subsidies. Those can all take months to years to approve and get the ball rolling. Then you have banks, contracts and lawyers to deal with. It's not something that can be done in a short time frame. Plus it takes capital to put a move like that on.  The sheer cost to move a entire manufacturing facility like Magpul I'm sure would be in the millions.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Given the logistics and costs involved with moving a company of that size, and with the results from last night, I'd say it would be at least prudent for them to wait until the mid terms.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Honestly I don't really care if they move or not. I will keep buying their stuff either way. I'm dying for a set of their new yet to be released metal BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#29]
If I were moving my company and it were that size, I wouldn't say peep publicly until there was ink on paper.  There are any number of complications that could arise if the location was prematurely disclosed.  Seller jacks up the price or adds conditions to the contract, etc.  Think about it.  If I'm selling a facility, and you're looking at 3 of them in 3 states and I get wind that the one you REALLY want is mine...I own you in the negotiations.  

Disney set up a shell corporation to buy the land in Florida for Disney World because he was certain that if the land owners knew it was Disney looking to buy, the price would triple...and he was probably right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top