Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2013 12:11:54 PM EDT
Got this in document form today from our district.   A coworker pointed out this section, describing where and when the "Plan" can release your personal heallth information without your permission.....

check out a couple of these paragraphs....
Exceptional Situations. The Plan may use or disclose your protected health information in the following situations without your authorization:
? Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors. The Plan may release medical information to the coroner or medical examiner. This may be necessary, for example, to identify a deceased person or determine the cause of death. The Plan may also release medical information about patients to funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties.

? Health Oversight Activities. The Plan may disclose medical information to federal or state agencies that oversee our activities. These activities are necessary for the government to monitor the health care system, government programs, and compliance with civil rights laws. The Plan may disclose protected health information to persons under the Food and Drug Administration’s jurisdiction to track products or to conduct post-marketing surveillance.

? Inmates. If you become an inmate of a correctional institution or fall under the custody of a law enforcement official, the Plan may release medical information about you to the correctional institution or law enforcement official. This release would be necessary for the institution to provide you with health care; to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others; or for the safety and security of the correctional institution.

? Law Enforcement. The Plan may release medical information in these situations: if asked to do so by law enforcement official in response to a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons, or similar process; to identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person; about the victim of a crime if, under certain limited circumstances and are unable to obtain the person’s agreement; about a death believed may be the result of criminal conduct; about criminal conduct on our premises; and in emergency circumstances to report a crime; the location of the crime or victims or the identity, description or location of the person who committed the crime.

? Lawsuits and Disputes. If you are involved in a lawsuit or dispute, the Plan may disclose medical information about you in response to a court or administrative order. The Plan may also disclose medical information about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.

? Military and Veterans. If you are a member of the armed forces, the Plan may release medical information about you as required by military command authorities. The Plan may also release medical information about foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority.

? National Security and Intelligence Activities. The Plan may release medical information about you to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, or other national security activities authorized by law.

? Organ and Tissue Donation. If you are an organ donor, the Plan may release medical information to organizations that handle organ procurement or organ, eye or tissue transplantation or to an organ donation bank, as necessary to facilitate organ or tissue donation and transplantation.

? Protective Services for the President and Others. The Plan may disclose medical information about you to authorized federal officials so they may provide protection to the President, other authorized persons or foreign heads of state or conduct special investigations.

? Public Health Risks. The Plan may disclose medical information about you for public health activities. These activities generally include the following: to prevent or control disease, injury or disability; to report births and deaths; to report child abuse or neglect; to report reactions to medications or problems with products; to notify people of product recalls, repairs or replacements; to notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition; to notify the appropriate government authority if believed a patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence. The Plan will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or authorized by law.

? Serious Threats. As permitted by applicable law and standards of ethical conduct, the Plan may use and disclose protected health information if, in good faith, believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health or safety of a person or the public.

? Workers’ Compensation. The Plan may release medical information about you for programs that provide benefits for work-related injuries or illness.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Fbho
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I see no problem with any of these regulations, comrade....move on along, the collective is waiting
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
[Hillary]What are you so worried about?  It's for your own good, and the greater good.  Do you really think that well thinking progressive leaders would actually use that information for nefarious purposes?  Name an example of that ever happening.  Oh, you think you can, but that's just a right wing conspiracy.  .... WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?!?!![/Hillary]  

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, are you really surprised?

...and they swore on the floor of the US Congress in the 1930's that your Social Security Number would never ever ever be used for identification purposes.
They were serious too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Bye HIPPA
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, are you really surprised?

...and they swore on the floor of the US Congress in the 1930's that your Social Security Number would never ever ever be used for identification purposes.
They were serious too.
View Quote

Absolutely not.  My wife and I discussed this very thing right after it was passed, and what info we would share during any doctor visits.  

I'm surprised they atcually disclosed it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bye HIPPA
View Quote

exactly
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I talked to quite a few patients on what was coming, regarding their health records.  Most didn't believe it.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck

just fuck

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bye HIPPA
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank God the only thing my doctor knows about me is age, height, weight and I had a bit of a sinus infection 5 or 6 years ago.  That's all he will ever know. I knew I was not participating in the medical merry-go-round for a reason. If not for a bi-annual physical I have to have, he would never see me unless I was near death.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I talked to quite a few patients on what was coming, regarding their health records.  Most didn't believe it.  
View Quote

Just think about that question, "Do you have any firearms in the house?", and put that with "the President's safety", plus a visit to your area, and what to you get?   Your info and who know's what else in the hands of the SS.

Hide your dog.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
"This is agent Jack Thug of the Secret Service. Have you been taking your meds, Mr. Anderson?"
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone got a link to this?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#16]
We are the Federal Government.
Lower your shields and surrender your health records.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our database.
Your culture will be adapted to service us.
You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just think about that question, "Do you have any firearms in the house?", and put that with "the President's safety", plus a visit to your area, and what to you get?   Your info and who know's what else in the hands of the SS.

Hide your dog.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hide your dog.

Interesting how they want it all in a database for 'authorized' access.  It's a piece of the police state puzzle.  Add some of the other stuff involving some of the various agencies and...well, one should buy stock in tinfoil.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bye HIPPA

Yup.

Nope.  These are rules for them.   The rules and headaches of HIPAA will continue to apply to thee.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone got a link to this?
View Quote

It's 5pges from the WY School Boards Association Insurance Trust.   Title is "Health Care Plan Privacy Notice"

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#20]
How is this a change from post Patriot Act policies?  The government has had access to your files for surveillance and national security purposes for quite some time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank God the only thing my doctor knows about me is age, height, weight and I had a bit of a sinus infection 5 or 6 years ago.  That's all he will ever know. I knew I was not participating in the medical merry-go-round for a reason. If not for a bi-annual physical I have to have, he would never see me unless I was near death.
View Quote

same here.

i've always said i'd tell my doctor i don't smoke and never have even if i was sitting in the exam room smoking (i don't smoke BTW). my wife and friends always told me i was "just being difficult". they are starting to come around.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bye HIPPA

Yup.

Got one of those medical pot permit thingys?
Say good-by to your guns.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bye HIPPA

Yup.

Of course not.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Hide your dog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hide your dog.

In the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict, President Obama and other anti-gun advocates have called for changing Florida’s pro-Second Amendment laws. Their chances of getting the “stand your ground” statute overturned are slim, but the anti-gun groups are making significant progress in the Sunshine State in allowing activist doctors to push their agenda to disarm families.

A federal appeals court heard oral arguments on July 18 in the case that has become known as “Docs vs. Glocks.” The issue before the court is whether a patient’s right to privacy and protection from doctors who ask inappropriate political questions about what firearms are in the family home trumps the health care providers’ rights to ask and to keep records of whatever they want.

The Firearm Owners Privacy Act, which Gov. Rick Scott signed into law in June 2011, says that doctors should not ask families about whether they own guns.

http://www.nranews.com/home/document/docs-vs-glocks-showdown-in-florida
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Bump, cause I'll bet most of you get something similar to this from your healthcare provider shortly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#26]
The VA is my health provider. Y'all are soon to get the mass herding medical care I receive. Prepare yourselves, comrades.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#27]
if the MSM would pick up on this Obamacare would take yet another hit.

As people learn more about it, the more they dislike it.

The R's need to get the word out on the bad parts of this, then play up the whole "we need to pass this to see what is in it"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top