Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Went F body so I could have quick and some cornering.
If I lived in TN/NC/WA peninsula, I'd have the Miata.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went F body so I could have quick and some cornering.
If I lived in TN/NC/WA peninsula, I'd have the Miata.
View Quote

Most people assume that an F-body can't do corners well...they're actually pretty good handling cars with just a couple of relatively cheap mods.  I say this from experience.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
$10k & unmolested crosses off almost every car on that list.
View Quote

Except for the Miata which is why everyone who knows what the fuck time it is is recommending it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Might as well get God's Chariot. BMW E30's are the best value going for used "sporty" cars right meow.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at nissan altima coupe. 3.5   Small back seat and runs real good
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
'Vette - No contest
View Quote

Vette for any type of usage!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Evo 8.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Evo 8.
View Quote

How many of those will you find for under $10k that haven't been thoroughly thrashed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
10K? In order...

S2000
Miata
C5 Vette
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
2002 Audi S4 Quattro
View Quote

No doubt a great car but 10K will mean new turbos and other issues so add another 7K for the Audi. I loved my B5 S4 but turbo replacement was a very big problem. Personally it's very hard to beat a S2000/Miata for that money and both will be reliable and cheap to keep running.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]
If $10K is my limit, then it will be a Miata from the choices. The aftermarket is all over those and they are a ton of fun. I test drove two of them but couldn't bring myself to get it because it would have been my one and only car and there was just no room.

For a toy, absolutely, go for it. Great handling, fairly fast, you are so low to the ground and the thing is so small you can zip and zing through traffic no problem. Oh yeah, they are reliable too.

S2000 would be another good choice but for $10K it's going to be harder to get a good one.

Wouldn't touch a $10K C5 Vette, the only reason I don't hate the C5 Vette's the most is because they made the C4's which were awful IMO, C5's just never clicked with me and I can't stand them. C6's are pretty neat, the newest ones look pretty wild and of course all the models before the C4's are great. I know the numbers are better all around but I would still take an early to mid 2000 year Mustang GT over a C4 or C5. That's just me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Another big question for you OP is whether or not you plan on wrenching on your car. If so, F-bodies and Mustangs should definitely be considered. The reason those cars have been so popular over the years is because they are extremely versatile - you can tailor them to whatever type of motorsport you prefer with easy to find and mostly affordable parts. Obviously they make good street machines and drag cars, but they also make really good handling, fast cars on the road course. And if you wad one up at the track you won't lose your ass like you would with a Vette or something a little more high-end.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

^ I want this guy's avatar.

White with t-tops and a big ass bird on the hood please.

I take back my choice of a Mustang.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It all depends upon what you want to do with your "sporty-type" car. Autocross? Track Days? Drag race? Cruise? All of the above?

Define your usage better and some cars make more sense than others.

^ I want this guy's avatar.

White with t-tops and a big ass bird on the hood please.

I take back my choice of a Mustang.

You, sir, are obviously a man of good taste and substance!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top