Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2013 10:43:36 AM EDT
So a lady can't control her 3 year old child in a parking lot and the child is struck by a vehicle and killed.  While this story is very sad, the stupid un-fit mother is sueing the owners of the shopping center for $110 million.  Yes I said $110 million.

This seems to be a growing metality down here in south Texas.  People down here do nothing wrong, it ALWAYS someone elses fault.  The people down here can't drive, always distracted and full of bs machismo.  

What does the hive have to say?

Hi!  I'm an un-fit mother!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:46:01 AM EDT
[#1]
People everywhere are looking for the free money. Nothing new.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
They are not stupid.
They are unscrupulous,lazy,conniving,dishonest,freeloading,fame seeking leeches.But they are not stupid.
The woman(and her attorney) sees this as her best way to get a payday.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I lived on Saratoga for a year... God, people can't drive for shit in Corpus.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
It is the FSA way and coming to a city near you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Im at saratoga and airline...
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They are not stupid.
They are unscrupulous,lazy,conniving,dishonest,freeloading,fame seeking leeches.But they are not stupid.
The woman(and her attorney) sees this as her best way to get a payday.
View Quote

FSA!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
The lawsuit claims the other parties "failed to take any steps to protect children and others crossing the parking lot from traffic in the parking lot." It continues claiming Eli's death could have been prevented if the parking lot included "speed bumps, crosswalks with warning signs, speed limit signs, or routed traffic through one area while allowing children a traffic free path."
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The Jerry Springer Nation
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]

congratulations

you suck as a parent
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#10]
The law should be that the plaintiff or claimant (to include their legal representation) pays all legal fees, and is liable for damages in the same amount as the original suit, if they lose their case. No bailouts via bankruptcy either.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
If I was the lady driving the Ford, I would get a lawyer and counter-sue the mother for negligence, for not taking care of the kid and putting the driver of the Ford in the situation she is in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Whatever amount she wins, even its the whole 110 million it will be spent within 3 years or less
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Of all the Auto child/pedestrain deaths I investigated, the majority were Hispanic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck that stupid mother, fuck her dead kid, fuck Corpus Christi, fuck this whole planet.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#15]
People were talking about suing Specs because it may have been a drunk driver. B
Bitch should be charged with child neglect if she wants to file a law suit.   She will be easy to spot if she wins.   It will be the chrome Mercedes with " in loving memory of <child's name>" on the back glass.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Of all the Auto child/pedestrain deaths I investigated, the majority were Hispanic.
View Quote

If you are in South Texas I is not surprising just due to demographics.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
People were talking about suing Specs because it may have been a drunk driver. B
Bitch should be charged with child neglect if she wants to file a law suit.   She will be easy to spot if she wins.   It will be the chrome Mercedes with aftermarket chrome wheels with the the wrong offset with " in loving memory of <child's name>" on the back glass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Poor kid
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bitch should be charged with child neglect if she wants to file a law suit.   She will be easy to spot if she wins.   It will be the chrome Mercedes with aftermarket chrome wheels with the the wrong offset with " in loving memory of <child's name>" on the back glass.

The fuckers around here do not know what offset is.   The words you are looking for is daisy chained wheel spacers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I live in corpus for about a year.  Fucking shit hole.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Where in the  lot was this exactly? It's one big long lot with a lot of separate areas.

BTW:  Nothing special about CC, it's the same across the nation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Which parking lot was this exactly?

View Quote

Chuck E cheese, Specs, and Jo Anne's fabrics.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:18:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If I was the lady driving the Ford, I would get a lawyer and counter-sue the mother for negligence, for not taking care of the kid and putting the driver of the Ford in the situation she is in.
View Quote

Difficult to do since pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way in a parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh.  My mom hits up the fabric store at least twice a week.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Difficult to do since pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way in a parking lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To a point.   If someone jumps out in front of you it could go either way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bingo.

Any time there's a tragedy, SOMEONE MUST PAY. It doesn't matter if it's just a stroke of bad luck or if you yourself are to blame. Why does this work? Because juries fall for the emotional outburst of the person who lost something and go "Awwwwww! - let's give them some money..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Any time there's a tragedy, SOMEONE MUST PAY. It doesn't matter if it's just a stroke of bad luck or if you yourself are to blame. Why does this work? Because juries fall for the emotional outburst of the person who lost something and go "Awwwwww! - let's give them some money..."

To play devils advocate, you really shouldn't be going fast enough in a parking lot to run over a kill someone. But I'll let the lawyers figure this one out.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:21:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife does also.  Only reason I knew of the fabric store.   I buy scotch at specs and sometimes take the tricycle motor to Chuck E Cheese.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

To play devils advocate, you really shouldn't be going fast enough in a parking lot to run over a kill someone. But I'll let the lawyers figure this one out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

You do not have to be going fast to kill a 3 year old.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The presumption of innocence will lie with the pedestrian. It will be up to the driver to prove negligence. Try convincing a jury a 5 year old dead girl was negligent, or her now childless mother, for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The presumption of innocence will lie with the pedestrian. It will be up to the driver to prove negligence. Try convincing a jury a 5 year old dead girl was negligent, or her now childless mother, for that matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is pretty safe to assume there are cameras that filmed this.  Damn near every store has them now for theft and bullshit lawsuits.

They just had a woman steal some stuff from Academy and outrun the cops in cowboy boots.   The news channel had their camera trained on it and got a close up of the woman.   The CCPD started a manhunt for her and picked her up in my home town (Alice) at the welfare office.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:34:27 AM EDT
[#32]
That is evil in a sick way.

About the same thing happened in York Alabama about 14-15 years ago, except it was the aunt that wasn't watching the girl that was about the same age. The girl ran out into the street and under an 18 wheeler just as the light turned green. The driver had a nervous breakdown right there and as soon as the mother found out, she called a lawyer to sue him, his company and the truck maker...before she made funeral arrangements for her child.

Of course her equally ghetto sister who turned the child loose, decided to sue also because she was in emotional distress.

I hate people that use their lack of taking care of their children as a way to cash in on tragedies that they caused. People like that need to be sterilized on the spot.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, ok.

And if you were in Detroit?
And if you were in Utah?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Um, ok.

And if you were in Utah?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um, ok.

And if you were in Utah?

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#35]
CC is turning into a hell hole.  

If she sues and wins then the driver that ran over her kid should be able to sue her for all the mental trauma that incident caused.  I mean that driver has to live the rest of their life seeing that image of running over that kid.  Just because some lazy parent couldn't keep control of their kid.  If I pulled a stunt like that when I was young, my ass would have been beaten.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If she sues and wins then the driver that ran over her kid should be able to sue her for all the mental trauma that incident caused.  I mean that driver has to live the rest of their life seeing that image of running over that kid.  Just because some lazy parent couldn't keep control of their kid.  If I pulled a stunt like that when I was young, my ass would have been beaten.
View Quote

I heard there is video of the kid climbing out of the car unassisted.   If so, why was the kid not in a car seat?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:00:05 PM EDT
[#37]
This actually happened 3 years ago.  I guess it is making news again because of the lawsuit.

The driver was not cited.  Police said there was nothing she could do.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I heard there is video of the kid climbing out of the car unassisted.   If so, why was the kid not in a car seat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

do people use those in CC?
i mean, people who live there....
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not nearly enough.  
The hospitals will not let you take a newborn home unless you have one.   I guess it was so bad they had to start checking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I have an idea, it's a crazy one, but here goes:

How about you teach your kids how to behave in parking lots and better yet, pay attention to them!

Put down the damn phone or whatever and watch your freaking kids!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#41]
not to stereotype but mom's name is Yvonne Rosas while the kid's name was Eli Rodriguez.  Something tells me she wasn't going to win mother of the year.  If the parking lot was so unsafe why was she there at all?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#42]
They can put any $ figure they want in the suit but the reality is a kids life is not worth jack.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They can put any $ figure they want in the suit but the reality is a kids life is not worth jack.
View Quote

Exactly.  Very sad situation.    I guess mama ran out of money and decided to sue 3 years after the fact.   I wonder if she received money from the drivers insurance company then burned through it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:07:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Explain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain.

I took it to mean a kids life is priceless.  No money can replace them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#46]
This thread offends me.  You should have put a warning the the title letting me know of the possibility.  Aimless will be serving you shortly.  Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was at Saratoga and Staples!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Shit happens.

Kids bolt.

It's not always the parents fault. My 10 year old is lucky to be alive. When she was 6 we were at a playground that is across the street from the River walk. I was sitting on a bench watching her play when she spotted a friend across the street.

She  was in the road way before I could even get off the bench, right into traffic. Luckily, the oncoming car was driving appropriately slow and was able to lock up the brakes and narrowly miss her.

Some time later another child was killed at the exact spot. Kids do unexpected things sometimes.

But none of that should make it a payday for the parent, because it certainly isn't the fault of the business.

Edit to add:

Yes of course we had had countless conversations about crossing streets, looking out for cars, not going near a road without daddy, etc. But kids are easily distracted, when mine saw her friend, everything else went out the window.  The kid in this story probably couldn't wait to get into Chucky Cheese.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Honestly, it's rare anymore to see kids holding their parents' hands in the parking lot.  Makes me sick because more often than not, they're running on up ahead and are several parking spaces away as the parents just stroll along and chit-chat.  

I don't hold the 11-year old's hand anymore but the 6 and 4 year olds know it's non-negotiable.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Camden Breakers?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top