Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2013 6:28:58 AM EDT
Hey folks,
  I've inherited a collection from my grandpa (including an awesome colt python) and now have several calibers I've not shot for over 15 years. I'm curious if you would help me with a reasonable and SIMPLE baseline...pre most of the recent insanity, what was a fairly good cost per round for a reasonable quality ammo (no personal defense zombie stuff) in each of the following:

I recall a good price for a box of 525 rounds of federal 22lr to be about $15.99
seems like I could get pmc bronze 9mm for the same price per box.
I could pick up .223 pmc bronze for $6.99/box
what about 22WMR?
and 357 magnum?
.45?
32auto?

I don't get out to shoot as much as I'd like and I refuse to support the current hoarding/gouging so I'm mostly curious as I watch prices for a return to something I'm willing to pay.

thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't really matter what "pre-panic" prices were.

Keep your eyes open for prices that are good for you.

You almost sounded like a 13'r for a second there....

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Go look at the shelf tags at Wal-Mart.  They are the same ones as before the panic, they just don't have ammo above them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go look at the shelf tags at Wal-Mart.  They are the same ones as before the panic, they just don't have ammo above them.
View Quote

That too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually tried that, no tag for 357, same story on WMR...nothing in the right spot and mostly not priced.
They actually had 6 boxes of WMR with no price so I asked the lady how much they were she says "I don't know" and walks away texting on her phone...god I love walmart. chased her down and asked if she'd be terribly inconvenienced to scan one and tell me how much they were, she looked like I just peed on her shoe.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

might not to you, but I tend not to ask questions I don't actually want an answer to. even if I'm just curious, I still want an answer, no different than asking grandpa how much a car cost in his day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

might not to you, but I tend not to ask questions I don't actually want an answer to. even if I'm just curious, I still want an answer, no different than asking grandpa how much a car cost in his day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ended your first posting with the following. Sounded like you were complaining to me.

Quoted:

I don't get out to shoot as much as I'd like and I refuse to support the current hoarding/gouging so I'm mostly curious as I watch prices for a return to something I'm willing to pay.

thanks!

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to say a box of .357 Mag FMJ was about $19 or so? Similar for good quality .45 ACP. 9mm brass such as Federal was only $13 at WalMart. I miss that for sure.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

True story-ish
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I want to say a box of .357 Mag FMJ was about $19 or so? Similar for good quality .45 ACP. 9mm brass such as Federal was only $13 at WalMart. I miss that for sure.
View Quote

many thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top