Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2013 7:09:39 PM EDT
Here's the brief article:

http://www.thenewrifleman.com/red-dot-rifleman/

Thought this was a pretty neat ice-breaker for new red dot owners, or red dot owners who don't regularly get experience at 200+ yards.

This is also of value to me because I just mounted an Aimpoint PRO on my M1A Scout (no see-thru mount, so no irons at my disposal while it's on ) and am probably going to zero it at 200 yards anyway.  

Who else out here uses red dots for shooting at 200+ yards?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
We practiced red dot shooting out to about 500, it's not hard once you practice a little and understand the arc.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yeah, but it's such a short article I didn't think it was worth being trackable back to arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh hi guys!

Red dot's are superior to irons for practical distance shooting as far as I am concerned.

I had much less eyestrain using the RDS for distant hits... at least to 400 yards.

At 500 and 600 yards I used Irons on the A2 and the chopped carry handle on my A4 build because its hard to guesstimate the holdover.

I hope you enjoy the chart. Using the RDS size to gauge the distance based on head size and then shoulder width should be a ballpark distance tool.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top