Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/10/2013 12:08:56 PM EDT
That was quick.

How…unexpected. (Not.) John Kerry said it couldn’t be done. Russia is making sure that it won’t, even if it could be.

View Quote

Russia is not keen at this stage for a binding U.N. Security Council resolution that would provide a framework to control Syria’s chemical weapons’ stocks, France’s foreign minister said after talks with his Russian counterpart on Tuesday.

"As I understood, the Russians at this stage were not necessarily enthusiastic, and I’m using euphemism, to put all that into the framework of a U.N. binding resolution,” Laurent Fabius told French lawmakers after a telephone conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

Obama is being played. The Russian deal forced him to change course and re-write tonight’s speech at the last minute. Now he has to re-write it again, or pretend that the Russians didn’t just drop a flaming bag of something on the White House doorstep. It will be grimly amusing to see what Obama tells the American people about all this now. The words "fiasco” and "clusterf*ck” have been said by others today. He won’t use either word, but that doesn’t mean both don’t apply.

Harry Reid pretended that the Russia deal drove him to halt a vote on force in the Senate. The reality is that Democrat votes for force were "dropping like flies,” and the prospect of passage in the House was always grim. Obama lost the Congressional Black Caucus today. Sen. Mitch McConnell came out against bombing today, breaking with the House GOP leaders who had supported it, and probably killing off any chance that the Senate would help Obama out by at least giving him a split vote in Congress. The likelihood now is that he gets rejected by both houses with actual "No” votes or implicitly if neither brings the authorization to a vote, and then has to decide if he wants to strike Syria anyway. Does Barry feel lucky?

So Obama is being played by Putin. The question is, does he know or even care that he’s being played? He seemed happy enough to grab Putin’s hand and get out of his jam. Now what’s he going to do? Putin is saying that there will be no quick fix, and that he intends to keep on using the UN to mess around with Obama, promise him a prize, then take it away, over and over again. Playing the part of Lucy, Vlad Putin. Playing the part of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football, Barack Obama. For a while to come.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/09/10/russia-backing-away-from-fake-syria-weapons-deal/

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a feeling this is far from over.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]

ETA: I guess I really meant that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA: I guess I really meant that.
View Quote

You can say that again!

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Putin to Obama: Got you, fucker!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Of all the stupid fucking people we could have elected...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
So when is the suit gonna be prating on at us tonight?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:15:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Y'all could have elected me and kept me stone drunk literally 24/7 and done better out of the deal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]
We're getting trolled by Russia.  Putin is making him look like a fucking idiot.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Putin offered to take the weapons away, and then O decides to take all the credit for himself.  Putin says "ok" and pulls this.  

This is beyond pathetic.  I'm just waiting for O to lose his cool and see who gets killed first.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Putin be trollin'  Obama be hatin'.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

we?

As I have said multiple times, unfortunately we have to vote against a candidate.

didn't happen these times.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
So does this mean WW3 is back on?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We're getting trolled by Russia.  Putin is making him look like a fucking idiot.

View Quote

and that really doesn't take much effort.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Putin is fucking with O and crew.  What a fucking goat rope.  Who the fuck is running our foreign policy a fucking 12 year old girl?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
They are backing away from the version that France is about to bring to the UN Security Council, the Russians do not like some of the language in it. There will be lots of negotiations before a proposal is brought to a vote.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#18]
God damn it. I was hoping this shit was over already.

I guess this shit wont end until the formal impeachment reaches the senate.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Putin is fucking with O and crew.  What a fucking goat rope.  Who the fuck is running our foreign policy a fucking 12 year old girl?
View Quote
At 12 I think I could have done a better job...

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Gee didn't see that coming...

In for the butt hurt tap dancing memes  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

horse face kerry, a twelve year old girl would be a massive improvement
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Sometimes I wish Putin had an American parent.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

I hope so. That hot chick needs help with her kickstarter.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:20:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Y'all could have elected me and kept me stone drunk literally 24/7 and done better out of the deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When Clinton was running for his second term, polls indicated that people would vote for Ronald Reagan with full-blown Alzheimer's over Clinton (yes, and the Republicans still managed to lose).

Reagan in his current state could do a better job than O'Bumble.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We're Zero & Co. getting trolled by Russia.  Putin is making him look like a fucking idiot.

View Quote

FIFY

And loving every minute of it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Well played Vlad, well played. So now it's back to Plan A? I don't know whether to laugh or head for the hills.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:21:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got my vote!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#28]
While the bullshit is flying thick, allow me to clarify one simple point.

Putin has been consistent in his calls for the issue to be dealt with through the OPCW and UN.  Both Russia and the US are signatories to the OPCW protocol.

Putin has been consistent in his calls for the US to comply with the G8 agreement (see above) that John Kerry himself negotiated.

This statement below, again reveals the US duplicity and goalpost moving that Kerry and Obama are practicing.

Russia is not keen at this stage for a binding U.N. Security Council resolution that would provide a framework (for Russia) to control Syria’s chemical weapons stocks, France’s foreign minister said after talks with his Russian counterpart on Tuesday.
View Quote
 Italics are mine.

The Russians don't want the CW stocks, they want the US to honor it's treaty obligations, to keep its word and go through OPCW/UNSC.

Let the OPCW refer the matter to the UNSC.  Let the UN take control of the CW stocks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#29]
What a tangled up mess of crap it's become. The outcome hasn't changed though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
Naw, just a guy who's last job was organizing crack heads in da hood.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#31]
We're getting trolled by Russia. Putin is making him look like a fucking idiot.
View Quote

He is a fucking idiot. We are seeing a KGB agent playing with a stoner community organizer. What did you expect? Putin will get everything he wants just so zero can save face (already lost it anyway)
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have to admit, it's fun watching this shit knowing that it's all because a manchild was elected by fucking morons.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He is a fucking idiot. We are seeing a KGB agent playing with a stoner community organizer. What did you expect? Putin will get everything he wants just so zero can save face (already lost it anyway)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.

When it's all said and done Russia will be the doiminant force in the Middle East, the US will be on the diplomatic ash heap of history.

100% due to obama's amateurish meddling.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#34]

they were just waiting for the US to pat itself on the back for it's wonderfully slick diplomacy, and for the press to back the admin up, before they yanked the rug out.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's pretty damn funny too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

No I think it actually means Ann Margret's not coming.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:28:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

yup hurray!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does this mean that Ann-Margaret is not coming?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll bet putin is laughing his ass off at the ease of fucking with this foreigner posing as an American president.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I really want to run for President...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That was quick.

How…unexpected. (Not.) John Kerry said it couldn’t be done. Russia is making sure that it won’t, even if it could be.
View Quote

[div style='margin-left: 40px;']Russia is not keen at this stage for a binding U.N. Security Council resolution that would provide a framework to control Syria’s chemical weapons’ stocks, France’s foreign minister said after talks with his Russian counterpart on Tuesday.

"As I understood, the Russians at this stage were not necessarily enthusiastic, and I’m using euphemism, to put all that into the framework of a U.N. binding resolution,” Laurent Fabius told French lawmakers after a telephone conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

Obama is being played. The Russian deal forced him to change course and re-write tonight’s speech at the last minute. Now he has to re-write it again, or pretend that the Russians didn’t just drop a flaming bag of something on the White House doorstep. It will be grimly amusing to see what Obama tells the American people about all this now. The words "fiasco” and "clusterf*ck” have been said by others today. He won’t use either word, but that doesn’t mean both don’t apply.

Harry Reid pretended that the Russia deal drove him to halt a vote on force in the Senate. The reality is that Democrat votes for force were "dropping like flies,” and the prospect of passage in the House was always grim. Obama lost the Congressional Black Caucus today. Sen. Mitch McConnell came out against bombing today, breaking with the House GOP leaders who had supported it, and probably killing off any chance that the Senate would help Obama out by at least giving him a split vote in Congress. The likelihood now is that he gets rejected by both houses with actual "No” votes or implicitly if neither brings the authorization to a vote, and then has to decide if he wants to strike Syria anyway. Does Barry feel lucky?

So Obama is being played by Putin. The question is, does he know or even care that he’s being played? He seemed happy enough to grab Putin’s hand and get out of his jam. Now what’s he going to do? Putin is saying that there will be no quick fix, and that he intends to keep on using the UN to mess around with Obama, promise him a prize, then take it away, over and over again. Playing the part of Lucy, Vlad Putin. Playing the part of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football, Barack Obama. For a while to come.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/09/10/russia-backing-away-from-fake-syria-weapons-deal/

View Quote

Umm, no.  That's not what happened.  France and Obama are trying to impose a bunch of conditions into a binding UN Security Council resolution (stuff like "the Syrian regime admits that it used chemical weapons" and "any UN member may use force to implement the conditions of this resolution").  Russian and Syria say "nyet."   They Syrians aren't backing away from the Russian proposal, they are backing away from the French proposal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I predict a lot of UMMMs and AHHHHHs during tonight's speech.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Looking into the crystal ball it's time to warm up the whaambulance for the butt-hurt speech tonight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Putin has been consistent in his calls for the issue to be dealt with through the OPCW and UN.  Both Russia and the US are signatories to the OPCW protocol.

Putin has been consistent in his calls for the US to comply with the G8 agreement (see above) that John Kerry himself negotiated.

This statement below, again reveals the US duplicity and goalpost moving that Kerry and Obama are practicing.

Italics are mine.

The Russians don't want the CW stocks, they want the US to honor it's treaty obligations, to keep its word and go through OPCW/UNSC.

Let the OPCW refer the matter to the UNSC.  Let the UN take control of the CW stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Russia is not keen at this stage for a binding U.N. Security Council resolution that would provide a framework (for Russia) to control Syria’s chemical weapons stocks, France’s foreign minister said after talks with his Russian counterpart on Tuesday.
 Italics are mine.

Pretty much my take on it, as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Our first Affirmative Action presdident...  What did you expect?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#46]
But...but...Obama *dominated* Putin in person a couple of days ago!
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I told you that the Russians don't play nice. Zero is so outclassed by Putin that it isn't funny anymore. But I'm laughing just the same.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#48]
They should have changed it literally a minute before his speech, so we could see him completely blow it. He isn't capable of speaking, only reading what's on the prompter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Italics are mine.

The other thing that Russia really doesn't want the responsibility for is actually going into Syria and collecting up that crap.  They are saying, let the UN do it, it is the UN's job.

The domestic reporting on this issue is stupid and incomplete beyond words.  Deliberately so.

Obama and Kerry are now playing games for purely political purposes.  And this is exactly what Putin was talking about when he referred to the obama administration as "liars".

He is correct.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Obama still does not have a clue after 5 years.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top