Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 10:15:00 PM EDT
What'll that be? 35.50 plus the tax stamps, ok thats great.

*click*

Maybe, just maybe...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking, we need to be aggressive while we have the chance.

Lets not set our sights too low, as a party we're pragmatic to a fault. We defeat ourselves and then don't achieve a tenth of what we can.

I say we set our sites on the 1986 ban, steamroll the AWB and keep on running until the NFA is on the tracks.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Me likey!![bounce]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes...That would be nice...

Repeal 1968...

Reduce tax stamp cost to $25.00...

Use NICS 4473 instead of Form 1 and/or Form 4...

I could do that =)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm thinking, we need to be aggressive while we have the chance.

Lets not set our sights too low, as a party we're pragmatic to a fault. We defeat ourselves and then don't achieve a tenth of what we can.

I say we set our sites on the 1986 ban, steamroll the AWB and keep on running until the NFA is on the tracks.

View Quote

I'm thinking that too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Then lets do it...

The Democrats railroad thier agenda, we should too... and our agenda will be freedom.

From this moment on, don't accept any "compromises" or "sensible Moderation", we aim for no AWB, no 1986, no 1968, no NFA, no tax stamps, no forms, no tyranny.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
The 86' ban .. would be nice if someone grew the balls to put that on the table again..

also... hasnt the tax ALWAYS been 200?
Hell Im just happy the stamp hasnt gone UP!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Now why did you go and put that thought in my head? I'm already so tired I can't think straight and now I won't be able to go to sleep for a hell of a long time. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#8]
The Tax was part of the National Firearms act of 1934, something that we should aim to remedy.

We have the power, we need to grow the balls... and the Grand ole Party won't grow them if they see gun owners being meek... gun for it, campaign for it, put it on the table.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Danna Carvie Voice( Ain't Gonna Happen)
Read My Lips!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
[b] MAKE [/b] it happen!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell, let's reinstitute universal service...everyone gets an M4 to keep at home...no more nitwits who don't know what it means to sacrifice for their country and be a citizen...oh, sorry, I drifted off to dreamland there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Nah...

Keep the NFA...

Keep the 4473, and NICS...

Kill the 86 MG ban (bill it as a revenue enhancer, and note that the NFA worked, as noone has been murdered with a legal MG since it's enactment).

Then let the AWB die well you're trying to pass the 86 repeal...

View Quote

That's the most one could hope for. However, a more realistic strategy would be to comittee-plug any AWB renewal, keeping Bush and the moderates clean (and sustaining the majority untill Nov 2004.

After Bush gets term #2 and the GOP has established it's majority, then use what we *will* gain this year to push 86 through (still wishfull thinking)...

[/qoute]

Of course, with the Senate in safe hands, 86 may fall to the (new) judiciary (requiring payment of a tax, and refusing to accept it)... It's been close (and conflicting) before...

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#13]
NFA of 34' as amended by GCA 68' sucks - But I never expect it to go away except by a SCOTUS case ruling.

However, If they could gut some of it... great!

[u]Eliminate the following:[/u]
a} Import bans on everything (I want cheap 20mm brass!)
b} Remove any reference to the phrase "sporting purposes"
c} Clarify the phase "under the authority of the United states" to include any applicant who properly files a Form 4 or 1. (repeals manufacture and sale ban of post 86' machine guns)
d} Zoning & Operating hours requirements for FFL's.
e} remove the current "bastardized" definition of "Assault Weapons".
f} CLEO signature on Forms 1 & 4 - They have there NICS system, use that.

[u]Add the following:[/u]
1} Second "Amnesty" for NFA items - They never gave gun owners the full amount of time provided by the GCA of 68' - They need to make a continuing provision for "Discovered items".

Jump on and add more...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#14]
GW's daddy signed the AW ban to start with.  Thank goodness it sunsets automatically.

Don't think for a minute these politicians are going to go out and actually remove earlier legislation.  Best case is that they don't make new laws.

This isn't a win/lose battle.  It's a lose/lose-slowly battle.

Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Give Kansas CCW!!!
Do it for the children.

And Missouri, And make the permits valid in both states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top