Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2013 6:53:11 PM EDT
She wants a CCP and can get it. I can't something about stealing a soda machine in college no big deal. She will get her CCP I was just wondering how she should handle a LEO if she gets pulled over. She is a good kid and hasn't been in trouble with the law. If she gets pulled over should she tell them she has a CCP right of the bat? She got a XDM 45 a really nice pistol, though I haven't shoot it yet. THX
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
She wants a CCP and can get it. I can't something about stealing a soda machine in college no big deal. She will get her CCP I was just wondering how she should handle a LEO if she gets pulled over. She is a good kid and hasn't been in trouble with the law. If she gets pulled over should she tell them she has a CCP right of the bat? She got a XDM 45 a really nice pistol, though I haven't shoot it yet. THX
View Quote

Your post wasn't exactly easily comprehended. As far as I can, you're asking if your daughter (college age?) gets her carry permit, you want to know if she should notify LE if stopped?

Does state law where she is require those with carry permits to notify LE when stopped?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
What to do varies by state.

If a class is not required, she should probably still take one to understand the laws.

What to do when stopped is usually covered.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

What does the state law where she lives require her to do?  Find that out, and that is her answer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
No tl;dr
More like

Read & couldn't understand

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You stole a soda machine?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

You haven't?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I stole a soda machine and the CCP classes are required I live.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Soooo if you don't take them you die?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Clown college? Or are you drinking heavily at the moment?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think she stole it?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you stole a soda machine and your daughter is getting a CCP.

Cool.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

What kind of soda machine?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#13]
And assuming she lives in Missouri, NO
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:07:03 PM EDT
[#14]
All I can figure out is that he is an LEO that stole a soda machine to buy his daughter a gun and now she wants a carry permit.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All I can figure out is that he is an LEO that stole a soda machine to buy his daughter a gun and now she wants a carry permit.

View Quote

And wants know if she has to tell him.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok I was asking LEO about the CCP thing I will change the title, THX.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#18]
OP this is all i got from your lack of post and next time use punctuation i have a hard time reading things without it goodluck on the CCP, THX

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Is stealing a soda machine kind of like cutting the tops off of parking meters?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:13:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Fixed the title
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Can you fix your post too?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy shit.  An August '13er.  I swear, the further along we get into 2013, the weirder these guys get.

I hate to admit it but I'm actually looking forward to the December '13er's just to see what kind of crazy shit they are going to post.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this a reverse 419 thread?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't something about stealing a soda machine in college no big deal.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I absolutely love GD sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, same thing with a class I took. You had to live through it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I qeustion this whole thread
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Did you get charged with felony theft for stealing the soda machine? If you can't get a carry permit, are you even legally able to own a gun?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#31]
THX to scpl755 for the info.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#32]
FIXED! You are welcome OP.

My Daugheter just got a new pistol and wants to concealed carry. She is eligible for a permit, having never broken the law. I (the dad) can't (get a concealed carry permit) something about stealing a soda machine in college, no big deal. She will get her CCP, I was just wondering how she should handle a LEO if she gets pulled over. If she gets pulled over should she tell them she has a CCP right of the bat? She got a XDM 45, a really nice pistol though I haven't shoot it yet. THX
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#33]
All your soda machine are belong to you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#34]
OP.

A few pieces of advice.

1.  Ue better punctuation when you post.  People can't take you seriously,if you don't.

2.  Never, ever, ask an LEO for legal advice, or trust legal advice given by an LEO.

3.  Most importantly, never, and I mean NEVER ask a question in GD if you want real information.  Go to the tech forums, or your hometown forum if its a state law question.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:39:55 PM EDT
[#35]
As long as it's consensual, you guys should be fine. Have you tried looking on Amazon?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Is stealing a soda machine kind of like cutting the tops off of parking meters?
View Quote
Or is it worse that tearing the tags off mattresses??

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Did you get charged with felony theft for stealing the soda machine? If you can't get a carry permit, are you even legally able to own a gun?
View Quote

Is he allowed on a gun forum?

OP, have you asked your probation officer?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
As long as it's consensual, you guys should be fine. Have you tried looking on Amazon?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Google the question. You'll find your answer pretty quick.

Here in TN you're not required to notify but it's going to come up as soon as I run your license.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#41]
V12 As long as it's consensual, you guys should be fine. Have you tried looking on Amazon?  You really need to talk to somebody about your issues. It seems I asked this in the wrong part of this forum.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
V12 As long as it's consensual, you guys should be fine. Have you tried looking on Amazon?  You really need to talk to somebody about your issues. It seems I asked this in the wrong part of this forum.
View Quote

You are fine...general discussion just likes messing with people (in a good natured sort of way)

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#43]
It might actually be Yoda's illiterate cousin.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
OP.

A few pieces of advice.

1.  Ue better punctuation when you post.  People can't take you seriously,if you don't.

2.  Never, ever, ask an LEO for legal advice, or trust legal advice given by an LEO.

3.  Most importantly, never, and I mean NEVER ask a question in GD if you want real information.  Go to the tech forums, or your hometown forum if its a state law question.
View Quote

4. Slow down on the alcohol.

5. Take an English class.

6. Don't steal stuff.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't want legal advice from LEO just there thoughts. Do they want informed before they run the license? The CCP is gonna show up when they run the license. I was wanting there thoughts if she should tell them before they ran her license. From what I have read she doesn't have to tell them about her CCP, but it will show up when they run her license.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't want legal advice from LEO just there thoughts. Do they want informed before they run the license? The CCP is gonna show up when they run the license. I was wanting there thoughts if she should tell them before they ran her license. From what I have read she doesn't have to tell them about her CCP, but it will show up when they run her license.
View Quote

As an LEO...I don't care either way.

If the law doesn't require it then it really is a matter of personal preference. Some officers may want you to tell them but I would guess that their reaction will be the same whether you tell them or they find it out themselves.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

To me it's a nice courtesy to know about it before I run your license but it's not something I would be flipping out about if you didn't

If you don't tell the officer. I would recommend not having your gun in your glove box and go grabbing for your information out of that glove box.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Not at all, is she has a dag tel her to hide it
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top