Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/9/2013 6:36:53 PM EDT
My dad used to hunt deer when I was young.  He took me once when I was around 13, but we didn't see anything.  After that one time, we never went again.

I have a son now (11 months old), and I'd like to teach him how to hunt one day.  I think starting off hunting either hogs or whitetail would be fine to learn.  I have an AR in 5.56 and my brother's Remington 700 in 30-06.  

What do else do I need?  How do I start?  Do I need a guide?  Do I try to find a lease or go to public land?  I really don't know where to start, even though I'm in "Sportsman's Paradise."
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You need friends.

ETA - find some folks that like to hunt....someone will let you tag along.  Learn what to do....then you can strike out on public land, find a lease, etc.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You need friends.
View Quote

And a little money to dump. And a bunch of time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Mississippi and Louisiana have great hunting, I'd go to a hunter education course first, get your license squared away.

The '06 would be my choice for a deer rifle between the two, yea a 556 will work but a high shoulder shot with a 30-06 is better.  

I'd see if you had some local friends who would be willing to show you the ropes, it's not hard, be patient and quite.

Good luck
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My dad used to hunt deer when I was young.  He took me once when I was around 13, but we didn't see anything.  After that one time, we never went again.

I have a son now, and I'd like to teach him how to hunt one day.  I think starting off hunting either hogs or whitetail would be fine to learn.  I have an AR in 5.56 and my brother's Remington 700 in 30-06.  

What do else do I need?  How do I start?  Do I need a guide?  Do I try to find a lease or go to public land?  I really don't know where to start, even though I'm in "Sportsman's Paradise."
View Quote

I'm in the same boat, my B.I.L. is taking me along this year
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I have land that me and some friends use for duck hunting and I in turn use theirs for hog and deer.  However if you hit up A HtF or outdoors section of the site someone will prob. Invite you to tag along.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out your states Natural Resources. In Ohio you need to take a hunters education course before you can buy you're license, wouldn't be a bad thing to take your son with you so he can learn with you. See if you have any old timers that you know or anyone that you work with that wouldn't mind showing you the ropes. Check out the outdoors section here, there's a lot of information in there. Might even think about posting and seeing if any arfcommers would show you the ropes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are you at in LA?

Generally speaking, the public lands here suck for whitetails.

You need a lot.  Starting with $$.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#9]
You need land.  You can have all the cool toys in the world and have a shit spot with no game.  LA is one of the few states I have never hunted but if it is anything like the rest of the south you will either need to know a land owner or spend some money on a hunting lease.

Get yourself a youth model 20 GA 870 for your kid and you a full sized 12 GA 870.  Your AR and 30-06 will both be awesome for deer and hogs.  LA does have some awesome duck hunting.  If you can get into a good spot.  Those two shotguns, a bag full of duck decoys, and a couple pairs of hip waders will put you in business and likely provide you with lots of fun for you and your kid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Double post
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Baton Rouge, so travel is a must but acceptable.  My son is only 11 months old, so I'm hoping to have this down by the time he's learning to shoot.  

My neighbor and a coworker have offered to take me duck hunting this year, which I'm very excited about, but I'll have to ask about hunting mammals with them.  I don't want to intrude too much.

My best friends have no experience hunting either.  We're city boys.

As far as the money thing, I don't expect to go this year so I'll have plenty of time to save up for gear/lease/gun/ammo/optic/whatever the fuck else you guys say I should buy.

I only have a H-1 on my AR, and the 700 has a cheap scope on it that isn't properly sighted in.  I'm holding onto it for my brother while he's stationed in Japan, so I don't shoot it too much (not that he has an issue with me shooting it).

ETA:  Y'all have been very helpful so far.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Call me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't eat for a couple days..you'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Go to a Hunter Safety course. Iirc, proof that you took one is required for a hunting license in Louisiana.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, I don't think my neighbor would be happy about me hunting the chickens in his backyard.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nah, I don't think my neighbor would be happy about me hunting the chickens in his backyard.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm in the same boat OP.  Read your state's wildlife website.  Often there are online/CD courses you can take for the hunter safety course and attend a field day class.  What really gets me is that in my state there are fewer class hours, convoluted rules, and requirements for me to carry and possibly use a handgun on a public street shooting a human being than to shoot the King's deer.  

Your best bet is to have an experienced hunter to show you the ropes and make sure you READ everything on the wildlife website.  You can also try calling your local field office.  I bet they get this question every day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Rent a car and opt out on extra insurance. Drive like a motherfucker or Miss Daisy in a forest and you'll kill something. Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Go to a Hunter Safety course. Iirc, proof that you took one is required for a hunting license in Louisiana.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll keep looking, but on the LADWF website, it only asked me to verify that I was a resident for a resident permit.  I'll see if I can find a law on it.

I sent you a PM, AKE.

ETA:  It appears that if I go with someone, I won't *need* it, but I think it's a good idea anyway.  It's only $18 and a few hours.

Who Is Required To Take The Hunter Education Course?
Act 149 of the 1984 Louisiana Legislature enacted a mandatory education requirement for anyone born on or after September 1, 1969. All hunters born on or after this date must successfully complete the course in order to hunt in the State of Louisiana. Some exemptions apply, see below.

EXCEPT a person who has not completed a hunter education course may be issued a license with the restriction that they are accompanied by, and under the direct supervision of a person who was born before Sept. 1, 1969, and has a valid hunting license or who is 18 years of age or older and has proof of successful completion of a hunter education course approved by the LDWF.

I for sure need to get a HIP Certification if I hunt migratory birds this season.  I'll have to ask my coworker what's up with that.  This link isn't very helpful.  http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/document/34736-hip-certification/hip_huntered.pdf
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there a hunting club in the area? Might ask if there's an older member who might need some help getting in the field in exchange for teaching you what you need to know. At the very least you get a chance to make someone happy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Start with the basics.

The best way to track is to scout ahead of time. You can scout all year long but in reality deer change their habits PDQ once they learn hunters are out and about. Going a week or two before the season is probably best. Get a lay of the land. Have a good map. Find and identify food sources, water sources, trails, sign, bedding areas, ways of egress. Scouting is the more difficult part. Getting a shot then taking the shot are the next in ease.

Or you can always do guided hunts, run 'em with dogs where legal, set out feeders and let them come to you... or do it the Michigan way and just hit the bastards every other mile with a car.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Walk out in the woods , find a comfortable spot next to a tree . Sit and relax, wait for the deer you want to eat , shoot , gut and drag to truck, have it butchered and prepare like beef .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Have you taken the Louisiana hunters saftey education course? If not I would start there, you would be surprised what you will learn from the course.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Start reading around on this site. It should provide a few tips for you.

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/

Shooting a deer is easy. Finding a deer to shoot is a little harder. You will be much more productive on a lease than public land.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Start with the basics.

The best way to track is to scout ahead of time. You can scout all year long but in reality deer change their habits PDQ once they learn hunters are out and about. Going a week or two before the season is probably best. Get a lay of the land. Have a good map. Find and identify food sources, water sources, trails, sign, bedding areas, ways of egress. Scouting is the more difficult part. Getting a shot then taking the shot are the next in ease.

Or you can always do guided hunts, run 'em with dogs where legal, set out feeders and let them come to you... or do it the Michigan way and just hit the bastards every other mile with a car.
View Quote

Great insight on scouting things out.  I honestly didn't think about that.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Deer hunting? You'll need any of the rifles you mentioned, a pop out chair, 12 to 18 beers, two packs of cigarettes, and  preferably a large shade tree to nap under.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Walk out in the woods , find a comfortable spot next to a tree . Sit and relax, wait for the deer you want to eat , shoot , gut and drag to truck, have it butchered and prepare like beef .

View Quote

I wouldn't know how.  I have an idea from watching my dad and hunting buddies gut a few when I was a wee lad and seeing some youtube videos, but I have a feeling I'd mess up gutting it bad.  Can you bring a deer to a butcher before gutting it?  I'm guessing no.  Should a butcher be involved at all, or can you usually just butcher them completely yourself?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I would start with squirrels or rabbit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I wouldn't know how.  I have an idea from watching my dad and hunting buddies gut a few when I was a wee lad and seeing some youtube videos, but I have a feeling I'd mess up gutting it bad.  Can you bring a deer to a butcher before gutting it?  I'm guessing no.  Should a butcher be involved at all, or can you usually just butcher them completely yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Butcher depends on what you want and what you have. Only time I have used a butcher/processor is for summer sausage. Merkleys makes the best jalapeño cheese sausage. I bought a grinder to do my own burger. I think this year I am going to find/make a recipe and do my own summer sausage.

As for the Harvest Information Program it is to track harvesting data. In Indiana you can go to a website or call a toll free number it is free.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA: To answer, I don't think so. I guess depending on how quick you get it there as in right quick? Firstly, you have a bloody mess if you try to transport without gutting and draining. Not impossible, throw down a tarp. Just not practical especially over a long distance and not cooled. I would assume it might spoil. Gutting is so easy, there's no reason not to.

Gutting it is easy. Best thing to do is go buy the blades for a box cutter (you know the sharp as hell trapezoidal ones) Get a pack. You'll pull up on the skin on the belly and make a cut (short stroke it) down to the anus. Go around the penis (to cut it out) if male. Cut out the anus too. It's best if you can move the carcass so the belly is facing down any sort of slope. Have your son hold one of the legs up so you have full access to belly. Once the incision is made, reach in with one hand and pull on organs, they're attached by a thin membrane. Take the hand with the knife and go behind organs and gently cut them out (don't knick the organs if you can help it, should be easy.) Think of it like the guts of a pumpkin. You know how you have all those damned seeds but they're only hanging on by little stringy stuff? Pull it away and cut behind. The whole gut pile should come right out.

From here I would hang the deer if possible. Oh hanging the deer doesn't have to be fancy. Those hangers work or if you have to, a solid stick through the hind legs will do in a pinch. Cut off the head, let what little blood is left drain out the neck. You can cape it now, that's real easy with the knives. You pull up on the skin, put an incision, access that membrane behind the skin and cut away at it. Once you get started, you basically pull it away like carpet and keep cutting at that membrane... like you did with the guts. I'd also cut off the front legs just below the joint so it's easier getting the cape off. Try to get as little hair on the meat as possible, only because it sticks like a bastard and you have to pick it off later If you leave it hanging, cover the carcass in game bags to keep flies off so they don't lay eggs. Keep it shaded as well. Throwing some of the guts or pieces off to the side will sometimes keep the flies (or the fucking wasps) away. It also attracts cougars at night if you're out west But you're in LA so you should be fine from cougars and bears.

All in all, the youtube videos do a pretty good job. Or if you can go with someone that knows how, watching it will help or them letting you get hands on will learn ya real quick. It's all simple though.

My recommendation: cut the backstrap off the first night, butterfly some steaks, and cook it directly on coals for some of the best meat ever! Nothing like fresh venison!

ETA2: A sawzall would rock for cutting through the bone. Hacksaws work but can be a royal PITA for the lazy amongst us
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

ETA: To answer, I don't think so. I guess depending on how quick you get it there as in right quick? Firstly, you have a bloody mess if you try to transport without gutting and draining. Not impossible, throw down a tarp. Just not practical especially over a long distance and not cooled. I would assume it might spoil. Gutting is so easy, there's no reason not to.

Gutting it is easy. Best thing to do is go buy the blades for a box cutter (you know the sharp as hell trapezoidal ones) Get a pack. You'll pull up on the skin on the belly and make a cut (short stroke it) down to the anus. Go around the penis if male. It's best if you can move the carcass so the belly is facing down any sort of slope. Have your son hold one of the legs up so you have full access to belly. Once the incision is made, reach in and with one hand and pull on organs, they're attached by a thin membrane. Take the hand with the knife and go behind organs and gently cut them out (don't knick the organs if you can help it, should be easy.) Think of it like the guts of a pumpkin. You know how you have all those damned seeds but they're only hanging on by little stringy stuff? Pull it away and cut behind. The whole gut pile should come right out.

From here I would hang the deer if possible. Cut off the head, let what little blood is left drain. You can cape it now, that's real easy with the knives. You pull up on the skin, put an incision, access that membrane behind the skin and cut away at it. Once you get started, you basically pull it away and keep cutting at that membrane... like you did with the guts. I'd also cut off the front legs just below the joint so it's easier getting the cape off. Try to get as little hair on the meat as possible, only because it sticks like a bastard and you have to pick it off later If you leave it hanging, cover the carcass in game bags to keep flies off so they don't lay eggs. Keep it shaded as well. Throwing some of the guts or pieces off to the side will sometimes keep the flies (or the fucking wasps) away. It also attracts cougars at night if you're out west But you're in LA so you should be fine from cougars and bears.

Oh hanging the deer doesn't have to be fancy. Those hangers work or if you have to, a solid stick through the hind legs will do in a pinch.

All in all, the youtube videos do a pretty good job. Or if you can go with someone that knows how, watching it will help or them letting you get hands on will learn ya real quick. It's all simple though.

My recommendation: cut the backstrap off the first night, butterfly some steaks, and cook it directly on coals for some of the best meat ever! Nothing like fresh venison!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gutting it is easy. Best thing to do is go buy the blades for a box cutter (you know the sharp as hell trapezoidal ones) Get a pack. You'll pull up on the skin on the belly and make a cut (short stroke it) down to the anus. Go around the penis if male. It's best if you can move the carcass so the belly is facing down any sort of slope. Have your son hold one of the legs up so you have full access to belly. Once the incision is made, reach in and with one hand and pull on organs, they're attached by a thin membrane. Take the hand with the knife and go behind organs and gently cut them out (don't knick the organs if you can help it, should be easy.) Think of it like the guts of a pumpkin. You know how you have all those damned seeds but they're only hanging on by little stringy stuff? Pull it away and cut behind. The whole gut pile should come right out.

From here I would hang the deer if possible. Cut off the head, let what little blood is left drain. You can cape it now, that's real easy with the knives. You pull up on the skin, put an incision, access that membrane behind the skin and cut away at it. Once you get started, you basically pull it away and keep cutting at that membrane... like you did with the guts. I'd also cut off the front legs just below the joint so it's easier getting the cape off. Try to get as little hair on the meat as possible, only because it sticks like a bastard and you have to pick it off later If you leave it hanging, cover the carcass in game bags to keep flies off so they don't lay eggs. Keep it shaded as well. Throwing some of the guts or pieces off to the side will sometimes keep the flies (or the fucking wasps) away. It also attracts cougars at night if you're out west But you're in LA so you should be fine from cougars and bears.

Oh hanging the deer doesn't have to be fancy. Those hangers work or if you have to, a solid stick through the hind legs will do in a pinch.

Why read all those lousy words when you can watch this video?  

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Less chance of you getting mauled.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

You ever picked up a squirrel that was just gut shot and taking a break from dying to go seven types of ninja on your ass?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You ever picked up a squirrel that was just gut shot and taking a break from dying to go seven types of ninja on your ass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I have.  That's why I said 'less chance'.

We all know he's going to get mauled.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Stalking and staying out of sight of squirrels while trying to get them in range is a lot trickier than it sounds. Little bastards are quick and pretty skittish.

I would like others said just start with basic scouting, and learning how to move quietly. When you hear something moving, be still and observe what different critters sound like moving about the area. Before long, you'll be able to tell the difference between deer, squirrels, coyote, coons, and birds.

Proper camoflauge is a must unless hunting in a blind, but always try to have a little blaze orange on to identify yourself to other hunters, especially if going on public land.

Spray scent blocker works wonders as well. Don't wash your clothes with any strong smelling detergents either.

Protect yourself against chiggers until the first big freeze, they can make your life hell for a week or a month.

Know that if you are hunting, there are certain regulations on the type of ammo and capacity depending on areas and game you are hunting.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Kill a bear with a knife.

BOOM, you just leveled up!

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?

The deer grounds are already going to be heavily populated with hunters and you likely won't need a lease for rabbit or squirrels (at least not around here) and they are quite a bit easier to hunt.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:26:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Stalking and staying out of sight of squirrels while trying to get them in range is a lot trickier than it sounds. Little bastards are quick and pretty skittish.

I would like others said just start with basic scouting, and learning how to move quietly. When you hear something moving, be still and observe what different critters sound like moving about the area. Before long, you'll be able to tell the difference between deer, squirrels, coyote, coons, and birds.

Proper camoflauge is a must unless hunting in a blind, but always try to have a little blaze orange on to identify yourself to other hunters, especially if going on public land.

Spray scent blocker works wonders as well. Don't wash your clothes with any strong smelling detergents either.

Protect yourself against chiggers until the first big freeze, they can make your life hell for a week or a month.

Know that if you are hunting, there are certain regulations on the type of ammo and capacity depending on areas and game you are hunting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Deer are colorblind. Camouflage is a joke.

I wear jeans or sometimes camo pants. The advantage some camo is the pockets for carrying water in or knife or something handy.

Deer have excellent eyesight in detecting movement. That's what'll get you. It isn't a half bad idea to break up your outline either as I believe they can sort of figure out shapes. Hence a blind being useful.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I taught myself to hunt from books and video 5 years ago at the age of 48.

I started with a bow.

Buy some books and get out in the woods.

Took me opening day of my third season to get a buck.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Be hungry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Definitely take the hunter's safety course and hook up with some friends who have been hunting, preferably ones that know what they are doing and not ones that think they know what they are doing. If you like it see if you can join a hunting club that leases land.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:10:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCVRm78I2A
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCVRm78I2A

Thanks to both of you.  Good advice.

So it sounds like I'll need to have a hacksaw and a good knife/razor blade handy?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

AKEngineer has offered to let me learn to stalk on his land.  He's got a range out there, so we can go shooting, too.  Thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I taught myself to hunt from books and video 5 years ago at the age of 48.

I started with a bow.

Buy some books and get out in the woods.

Took me opening day of my third season to get a buck.
View Quote

I remember your thread from your first kill (I think ).  Looking forward to having one of those, myself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

1) it will hone your Marksmanship skills.
2) it will give you an idea of the animals in the woods that warn others(chipmonks squirrels, Jays and crows to mention a few) and how to evade them.
3)it will teach you how a stalk animals and get you used to the idea of skinning and blood and guts.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Hunting is not hard if you have some common sense and can learn - either from books/videos or a mentor. Try to find a competent mentor.

As others have said, take the Louisiana Hunters Education course.  You may not legally need it due to most states adopting an inexperienced hunter/mentor program where you can hunt with an experienced hunter for a year but you will learn a lot in a hunters ed course that will be helpful if you are not an experienced hunter. When your son gets older and takes the hunter ed course, take it again with him so you get a refresher on any changes in hunting regulations.

Start small - if you have a place to hunt squirrels or rabbits start with those species. There is generally less hunting pressure for these species and you don't need any type of fancy gear. You can learn a lot about stalking, game movement, etc...from these species. While hunting small game keep your eyes open and you will start seeing deer sign such as scrapes, rubs, trails and beds. Seeing deer sign while learning from book/videos/mentors will help you understand what you are learning about deer hunting. Also, if you can field dress a rabbit then you can field dress a deer. A rabbit is easier to learn on and less meat to ruin if you make a mistake.

Don't spend a lot of money up front - use what equipment you have. Both guns you listed are fine for deer (check state regulations) and you can hunt in jeans and a jacket. Once you decide you like hunting and have a little experience then start buying the gear that you have found out you need. I have hunted in the south and up north and learned that location plays a role in what equipment is needed.  

Take your friends up on the offer to duck hunt with them.  Louisiana has awesome duck hunting and learning from experienced hunters will make make the learning curve easier on you. A lot of the lessons from duck hunting will cross over to deer hunting such as concealment, lack of hunter movement, etc...
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#50]
All you need is an ar some beer and a spot light.

You'll get somethin tonight.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top