Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2013 2:22:42 PM EDT
to fund the government?

Am I reading this right?

Treasury: Debt Up $0 in August; CBO: But Deficit Was $146B - CNS News

Among the “extraordinary measures” Lew said he could take to create this “headroom” under the debt limit were: 1) not investing new money from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF) in U.S. Treasury securities, which he said would create $6.4 billion in “headroom” per month 2) not reinvesting $58 billion ion Treasury Securities held by the CSRDF that would be maturing and not reinvesting $16 billion in interest owed to the fund, which would create $74 billion in headroom ,, 3) suspending the routine daily reinvestment of $160 billion in special Treasury securities held by the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Thrift Savings Plan, which would create another $160 billion in headroom, and 4) suspending the routine daily reinvestment of Treasury securities held by the government’s own Exchange Stabilization Fund, which would create another $23 billion in headroom  
View Quote

If they're not "investing" or "reinvesting" it, then what are they doing with it?  Leaving it in current investments or spending it?

The debt hasn't gone up in over 100 days, but we consistently run a deficit.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Somehow I knew these cocksuckers would raid the TSP.
There is just way to much money there to resist it.

More and more I see bad times a coming.

ETA: For what it is worth I fired off an e-mail to my rep. She is a cock sucking Øbama lover but it needed to be done.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like it's getting bad
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't surprise me. Our entire gov is corrupt to it's core, has been for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somehow I knew these cocksuckers would raid the TSP.
There is just way to much money there to resist it.

More and more I see bad times a coming.
View Quote

Yep I knew putting money into TSP was just pissing it away. Its why I never have. Ha Fuck you Obama. I won that one. Poor bastards on CSRS though they are too close to retirement to recoup any money. At least we FERS pissants still have a chance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They're stealing from all of us; right now it's easier to go after .gov accounts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It doesn't seem like a good idea to divert funds from govt employees retirement accounts.  I hope this catches up with the evil manipulative bastards.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If a private business cooked the books in the same way the fedgov and fed are, the IRS would be all over them... And in the Fed's case, the secret service.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
dont worry, they'll raise the debt ceiling here shortly and then that ol' debt clock can begin it ticking again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes you are reading it right.

That is exactly what is happening.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#11]
They always do this when they are against the debt ceiling.  Old news.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It has been going on for a while.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Hell, the government steals from everyone's retirement account every day via inflation.  They don't need to do crazy shit that will piss people off.  They'll just devalue the money you've saved and rely on people being too ignorant to figure out exactly how they are being screwed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They're stealing from all of us; right now it's easier to go after .gov accounts.
View Quote

From my understanding, this is the second or third time the Gov has stopped contributing/”borrowed” from the Military/Gov employee 401K G-Fund to keep the Gov running. I have no doubt that they would steal borrow every dollar in our accounts if they could get away with it.

They are going after those of us in the Gov today because they can get away with it; we are only one economic crisis away from them going after your private 401k and IRA plans. They won’t outright steal it, but they may change the rules and will most likely force you to buy a certain percentage off bonds or some other silliness. It’s stealing no matter how they try to sugar coat it. To me, this is the undeniable signs that the Gov is running out of options and are one step away from going full retard.

Hang on guys, I have a feeling the next couple years are going to be one hell of a ride.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#15]
The next move?

Queue up the Polish plan.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#16]
They did it in 2010, and even announced it.  This time they kept it quiet.  I've mentioned it in threads a few times.  Most common response was "fuck federal employees"

it might be the TSP today, but how long before they realize that private retirement holdings almost equal the national debt...

Tick, tock
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I have no doubt that they will go after private accounts.  It is the next logical step.  I'm not concerned with pointing the finger at government workers, I'm concerned with the general public, which includes both gov and non-gov, allowing this to happen.  Our government is stealing from the people.  They're committing crimes and no one cares.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Printing money to transfer wealth. That's stealing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
They'll get around to the 401ks, eventually.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Hahahaha.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Extraordinary measures.  They're funding the gov't with retirement funds.  Not like it hasn't been done before.  Social security, anyone?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In other words, move along?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]
They've been doing it for a few months now.  Expect them to grab peoples' IRA too.  Then like Cyprus, they may give bank depositors a haircut. The Dodd-Frank act has language that makes a depositor an unsecured creditor and thus the banks may dip into their accounts to pay off bad gambling debts (derivatives gone bad).
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#25]
For the first time in my life, I actually fear the power of our Executive Branch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone but Congress will get the cosmic salami.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top