Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 1:29:22 PM EDT
From the NRA:

As directed by Governor Martin O’Malley (D), the Maryland State Police (MSP) released confidential firearms purchase application information to employees of four other state agencies in a misguided attempt to move forward in clearing the backlog of unprocessed 77R applications this weekend.

On Saturday and Sunday, state employees from the Departments of Human Resources, Health and Mental Hygiene, Transportation and Juvenile Services were given compensatory time off in exchange for entering confidential personal information including name, birth date and, in some cases, social security numbers of potential gun owners in Maryland into a database in an effort to expedite completion of background checks on applicants.

According to the statement released by the MSP on Saturday evening, these employees were asked to sign confidentiality agreements. However, this is hardly reassuring to the persons whose private information was released without their consent. The employees of the MSP licensing division, who typically complete background checks pursuant to a 77R application, undergo extensive background checks prior to hiring, sometimes even rising to the level of polygraph examinations. There is no reason to believe that any of the employees tasked with this database entry action were subject to the same level of scrutiny before being handed the private, personally identifying information of thousands of law-abiding Maryland citizens.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me guess ................. it's for the children?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Shitty state  headed towards Commiefornia goals .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Maryland has been in my rear view mirror for two years now.  This bus ain't never turning around and going back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lawyer up

Sue

Move out of state

Profit
View Quote

Move out first. Come to Northern Virginia. Establish residency. Vote for someone other than MaCauliff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I am so glad to be out of that shithole.

Fuck Maryland and fuck you O'Malley, you Obama ball sack licker.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
wrong thread  

ETA:

FMOM et al.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Move out first. Come to Northern Virginia. Establish residency. Vote for someone other than MaCauliff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lawyer up

Sue

Move out of state

Profit

A few more years and VA will be in the same boat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lawyer up

Sue

Move out of state

Profit

If they get enough freedom loving people to move to VA, or VA kicks the libtards out, VA can be saved. I know I am leaving WA when I retire in 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If they get enough freedom loving people to move to VA, or VA kicks the libtards out, VA can be saved. I know I am leaving WA when I retire in 5 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lawyer up

Sue

Move out of state

Profit

A ton of pro gunners from MD are moving to VA
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
He is just following Jay Nixon's lead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top