Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2013 9:35:15 AM EDT
Ok wtf? The building where they have Liberal arts social sciences and social worker type shit is pretty "diverse".
I went to take some engineering classes and we have a building for engineering classes and it is like crossing into a boring white guy convention.
Out of 32 students in the class we had 2 Asians and one Black dude who spoke with a French sounding accent. Pretty much the whole building is a gigantic fucking SAUSAGE FEST. No girls, NONE!!!!  WHAT THE FUCK?!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Switch major to Apparel merchandising?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]

No shit Engineering is a male dominated profession.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ok wtf? The building where they have Liberal arts social sciences and social worker type shit is pretty "diverse".
I went to take some engineering classes and we have a building for engineering classes and it is like crossing into a boring white guy convention.
Out of 32 students in the class we had 2 Asians and one Black dude who spoke with a French sounding accent. Pretty much the whole building is a gigantic fucking SAUSAGE FEST. No girls, NONE!!!!  WHAT THE FUCK?!
View Quote

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Um, pretty typical for the engineering field, sorry.

'cause math is hard and all that.

My office is somewhat of an anomaly in that about 25% of our engineers are female.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Once you hit engineering grad school the demographic shifts dramatically again. The next shift you see is pure chinese/indian, anything else is rare as hen's teeth.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're Asian before you walk into the bathroom, and you're Asian when you walk out, what are you when you're in the bathroom?  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The first thing I noticed after switching out of engineering and into a humanities field was the presence of females in my classes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Despite popular rumors from the World of Tanks thread I do not like the cock.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Women are horrible at math and building stuff.  

Go to the elementary education dept and you'll see the complete opposite of what you're seeing in the Engineer Dept.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#11]
IMO, girls who are in engineering are not hawt.  There are exceptions, but they are few and far between.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Take some business classes as electives.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you're Asian before you walk into the bathroom, and you're Asian when you walk out, what are you when you're in the bathroom?  
View Quote

You're a-poopin'.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

File under "duh"...
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

Yeah... plus nobody from the Indian subcontinent? Man, you're getting ripped off.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

European
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Switch to art school, it will save you lots of headaches and having to handle large sums of money.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
No way!

ETA: Ever check the demographics of places like Georgia Tech?

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

Community college, our University has much higher percentage of Indians and Asians in math(took some classes at University of Buffalo)
Once I get my associates at my local community college it automatically gets transfered to my local university to start working towards BS and grand level stuff. I am not paying 3X the money for University classes with 20 times more students per class and shithead grad students for teachers. Here at my local community college my Calculus class is 9 students and my professor has PhD and has been teaching for 50 years, he teaches night school because he is bored and doesn't like retirment, I friggin love the guy, he taught me even more ways to use my vintage slide rules.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Change majors to software engineering
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Community college, our University has much higher percentage of Indians and Asians in math(took some classes at University of Buffalo)
Once I get my associates at my local community college it automatically gets transfered to my local university to start working towards BS and grand level stuff. I am not paying 3X the money for University classes with 20 times more students per class and shithead grad students for teachers. Here at my local community college my Calculus class is 9 students and my professor has PhD and has been teaching for 50 years, he teaches night school because he is bored and doesn't like retirment, I friggin love the guy, he taught me even more ways to use my vintage slide rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

Smart man. That's what I'm doing... should have my CS degree by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#22]
The guy with the French accent is Mossad and he can hijack your car with a smart phone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would accounting classes be a good substitute?  I am currently doing Accounts payable and Receivable for my company, want to get some kind of official certification for that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Would accounting classes be a good substitute?  I am currently doing Accounts payable and Receivable for my company, want to get some kind of official certification for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want some females in a class...sure.

Look at stuff like Org Mgt, Human Resources...

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#25]
When I was in college, it was a well known fact that an overwhelming percent of Engineering majors dated Elementary Education majors.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1.  You can have your way with any of your classmates you want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Engineers are educated in a bubble of sanity.

Otherwise, college is full of self entitled/self important... special snowflakes that aren't smart enough to figure out liberal arts colleges are for suckers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#28]
nvermind
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school
This is what I was thinking.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#30]
It is funny, you guys mention business class, UB (University Of Buffalo) offers dual programs, except that you don't have to take as many business related classes that are bullshit fillers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Choose your electives wisely.

Humanities
- Courtship, Marriage & the family
- Psychology
- Art History
- etc

Technical
- Biology

These were all target rich environments
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#32]
I am engaged to an English Major, she makes better money working at a dental lab as a technician :)
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm suprised no one has mentioned checking out the School of Nursing.  That's where I found my wife.  The three girls in my engineering school, while nice enough girls, where a little more ruggedly built than the average nursing student.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#34]
We had a few chicks in the engineering classes.  One of them was a big time Rhodes Scholar.  She was kind of athletic and hot.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:15:43 PM EDT
[#35]
It was the same in all my computer science classes.

I told my boss that I had a strong desire to enter the HR field when we were forced to pick a job to check out as part of our "professional development".  Totally wasn't buying it.  Damn.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Accounting classes are like calc 1-3 in the business world.

That being said, if you want an official "certification," then it's going to take you at least 2-3 more years, maybe a masters, and studying for the CPA exam.

ETA: if you want some good, no bullshit business classes:

1. Intro to Corporate Finance

2. Intro to Financial Accounting

3. Intro to Managerial Accounting

Everything else pretty much builds off those classes. Derivatives was awesome. Investments. Advanced Financial.

Now go and fill your brain with knowledge!

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, you expected engineering to be any different than it has been since engineering schools were created?

If you wanted to take classes with lots of choices of hot wimminz in yoga class, take an elective like "full body massage".
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

biomedical is where the girls are
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#39]
A bunch of dudes in an engineering building?

YouDontSay.jpg
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

I was thinking the same thing.

All the Eng. students I've seen are Asian and Indian.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#41]
When I was in engineering school, we went over to the ag school for dates.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Should have went for marine biology with a minor in sammich making.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Smart man. That's what I'm doing... should have my CS degree by the end of the year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

WTF is CS?  Construction Science?  Computer Science?  both not engineering.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#44]
It's your major. Math is hard. So girls don't like it. They just like to braid each others armpit hair while reading Neitzche and listening to the latest Gloria Steinem diatribe.

And since you live far from the Pacific Rim, Asians are rare because it's harder to get smuggled to New York in a Shipping container than to LA or San Diego.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Try architecture. The Architecture students were in the sme building as the engineering students where I went. It changed the male to female ratio a bit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I am engaged to an English Major, she makes better money working at a dental lab as a technician :)
View Quote

If you are engaged then why are you whining about the lack of women?

Why would you throw away your college years by getting engaged?  You will never have the opportunity to pursue as much fine tail as you do in college.  You are wasting a resource that you will never get back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

Most of the asian students I know received their undergrad degree in their home country. Then came to america for grad school.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#48]
This begs the question, what is the Sexiest Race?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Most of the asian students I know received their undergrad degree in their home country. Then came to america for grad school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really. Only two Asians?

Must be a crappy school

What are you doing outside of your box?

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

go wander around the philosophy department for a while.  then you'll really see a boring white guy convention.

an engineer would look like caligula.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top