Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2013 4:36:42 AM EDT
Among the hundred other reasons they are failing here is my tidbit. I ordered a muzzle device that was shipped from Michigan to WV on august 22nd. So far it has been in WV twice, washington state, North Carolina, Virginia, and back to Michigan. I have spoken with seven different supervisers and two post masters. None have been able to intercept the package AND because its not "lost", I csnt file a claim. Just ridiculous. Grrrrrr
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:45:25 AM EDT
[#1]
It has interference from all the politicians and is heavily unionized.

It can't be fixed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has interference from all the politicians and is heavily unionized.

It can't be fixed.
View Quote

This, plenty of self-inflicted problems in addition to the fucktards in Congress meddling.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]
UPS is heavily unionized, and even with that handicap, they can turn a profit.  Big difference, is that UPS can charge whatever it wants to, without having to ask permission, and they don't have to deliver to every address (even though, I think they do), and they don't have to deliver letters for ~$.50.  UPS charges a lot more for their envelope size package.

But, yea, get the gov't interference out of the USPS, and start newbies on a 401K, stop the damn "civil service" way of hiring people, and it might have a chance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#4]
In my experience, unless one pays for premium service (ie: priority or flat rate) you will have slowness. I have had nothing but problems with regular mail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I had something shipped to me within the CONUS.  According to the tracking, it took a short vacation in Puerto Rico.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:59:10 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife recently took a part time job at the post office as a PSE.  Basically PSE's can do any job the union people do but only make a fraction of the money.  Oh and a funny thing these people can join the union and in fact one of the union reps was pleading his case at their orientation. Basically they would be paying dues but not receiving any of the benefits that regular employees get.

Job is/was considered part time temp so they can fire you at will and after 1 year they have the option of extending your contract another year.  

This position was pretty much BS - basically they let you know  on a day by day basis when and where you will be working and they can send you to any post office in a 50 mile radius to work.   She couldnt get a straight answer on when and where she would be working so I told her just to quit. Not worth the aggravation.  (didnt need the money that bad) Plus they will probably be stopping saturday delivery so available hours will probably be cut as well as positions dropped.

She asked tons of questions during her interviews and couldnt get any straight answers because nobody in authority has any idea what is going on. The one interview she had painted a pretty doomy and gloomy picture - guy was straight up with her. about how bad things are at the USPS. After hearing this I told her not to bother with it but she thought it might not be that bad...  Maybe she will listen to me next time (doubt it LMAO)

I know the rules leghumpers be nice

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#7]
If I mail something to someone in my own town (very small) it has to go
to a center two counties away and come back. It would be much more

efficient to just put it in the other person's box or give it to the carrier to

deliver the next day.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Among the hundred other reasons they are failing here is my tidbit. I ordered a muzzle device that was shipped from Michigan to WV on august 22nd. So far it has been in WV twice, washington state, North Carolina, Virginia, and back to Michigan. I have spoken with seven different supervisers and two post masters. None have been able to intercept the package AND because its not "lost", I csnt file a claim. Just ridiculous. Grrrrrr
View Quote

They can't intercept it because it is not in their possession. The post office does not own planes. They contract with other companies that do.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I have never understood why the post office spends money on stuff like sponsoring the bicyclists.  

Um, the post office has a monopoly.  Everyone knows what the post office is for.  It is a huge waste of money.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If I mail something to someone in my own town (very small) it has to goto a center two counties away and come back. It would be much more
deliver the next day.
View Quote

But if it doesn't go through the central facility how are they going to photograph and catalog your mail?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

But if it doesn't go through the central facility how are they going to photograph and catalog your mail?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I mail something to someone in my own town (very small) it has to goto a center two counties away and come back. It would be much more

deliver the next day.

Forgot about that. See you in the FEMA camp citizen.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
deliver the next day.
View Quote

If I mail something to my neighbor, it goes to YOUR state and then comes back to my neighbor.     /
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If I mail something to my neighbor, it goes to YOUR state and then comes back to my neighbor.     /
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

deliver the next day.

Rocky Mount? That's where mine goes.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had issues with FedEx and UPS doing similar shit where they got on the wrong truck and ended back at the sender. USPS is not any worse or better in regards of delivery.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I can some it up with 4 things
1. Congress meddling
2. Large Union
3. Bureaucracy
4. Failure to modernize
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#16]
You want to know why it is failing?
Go to the post office and stand at a window, look around you.

This is all you need to do to understand it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

1. Congress meddling

2. Large Union

3. Bureaucracy

4. Failure to modernize
View Quote
5. Saturday delivery
6. Lots of logistics to support a 42 cent stamp.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You want to know why it is failing?
Go to the post office and stand at a window, look around you.

This is all you need to do to understand it.
View Quote

I liked the problem I had a while back.  Had moved and didn't have a permanent address at the time.  Couldn't get a PO Box to send my mail to because I didn't have an address to give them.   If I'd known to lie I could have just used my old address.  It was valid the day before....  
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1. Congress meddling
2. Large Union
3. Bureaucracy
4. Failure to modernize
View Quote

You forgot EMAIL, Online Bill Paying, and increase the cost of a stamp to further motivate those few idiots who still use SNAIL-MAIL to STOP USING $NAIL MAIL!

Same Reason I turned off TV years ago... Greedy Bastards want to charge you to watch in every-room.. every TV you add they are all "Pay Up Sucka"

Saved about $4,000 by now..perhaps more
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#20]
USPS 10 Q

looks like basic old operating cost exceed income.

interesting total liabilities of:

15 Billion in workers comp
14 Billion retiree health care

Although thats only a few billion a quarter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#21]
It is EXTRA fucked up right now, mailed several documents and a couple of them NEVER arrived, WTF! This was over a month ago, mailed five documents to five different parties and two of the five were not delivered. I know for a fact that the missing documents went through a "new" and different mail sorting station as the old one was recently closed dumping extra work on the "new" station 75 miles away from the closed station.  My guess, they don't give a fuck and every third bag is going in the shredder.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Population of the US (July 4, 2012) 313,933,954  (Source)
Post Office Employees (2012) 522,144 (Source)

313,933,954 / 522,144 = 601

One out of every 600 people in the country work for the post office.  WOW!  That blew me away.

Revenue in 2012 was 65.2 Billion, on which they lost 15.9 Billion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top