Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2013 2:30:48 AM EDT
I have medical and dental with my job. About $20 a month is taken out of my check. I never use the medical, but use my bi-yearly teeth cleanings.

Now, should I just see an increase in what comes out weekly, or a "Holy Shit!!!" clusterfuck of epic proportions in terms of cost, actual care, etc?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Premiums up and a clusterfuck
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#4]
My company is moving to some kind of savings plan where you pay everything out of pocket until you hit the right number. That number for me will about triple my current monthly cost of insurance.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 2:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't get sick.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#6]
No free lunch.  Unless you're a member of the FSA.  The rest of us have to pay for them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:19:34 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not going to be pretty.

The Wall Street Journal reports 3M will stop offering health insurance to its retirees in 2013 because of ObamaCare.

http://www.gop.gov/blog/10/10/04/flatlines-obamacare-causes-3m-to
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:21:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Rise in medical tourism and rise in death rates because of denial of care.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My company is moving to some kind of savings plan where you pay everything out of pocket until you hit the right number. That number for me will about triple my current monthly cost of insurance.
View Quote

That out of pocket will be less then the plans through obamacare.

You either have a HRA or HSA. If HSA then you get to save money to pay your out of pocket and if  you don't go to hospital or have many expenses this will be good for you.  If its an HRA nothing you can do until you hit that number. Use a FSA for the expenses you'll have out of pocket to save around 30% per dollar on expenses.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
You'll be paying for the free healthcare for tens of millions of FSA types for starters.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Chaos.   That's what is going to happen.

Smell the ashes and burnt skin.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I am an evil government worker.. That out of the way we just had meetings that all out of pocket is doubling. I currently have $2000 max oop for single. That will double to $4000.  Prescriptions and copay's go up about 50%. It's not pretty for anyone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
its already starting to kill us healthcare workers lay offs, cutbacks of every kind, were gonna go from first world care to worse than the VA
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:42:06 AM EDT
[#14]
You will have a much harder time getting an appointment with a Doctor. You may see a PA instead of a MD.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:47:19 AM EDT
[#15]
FSA and inner city Obamites get "they free medical care an' shit".

Middle class gets blown AWAY.

Private insurers start winding down and moving funds to overseas investments and other portfolios.

Hospitals start failing and closing. Device manufacturers get the hell out and move operations and sales to developing economies like the pacific rim.

DMV-like waits for halfassed care, or longer waits for a diminishing number of progressively more obsolete scanning devices as they fail through attrition and are not replaced. A collapsing hospital can't afford a new MRI, and it'd have to be shipped from overseas.

Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:50:03 AM EDT
[#16]
There has been no change in what I pay yet.
However my fiances insurance went from $350.00 a month  out of pocket for her and her kids to $975.00 a month.
So I put the kids on mine and hers still went up to $400.00 a month for just her.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:54:30 AM EDT
[#17]
My high deductible HSA won't qualify, so much for keeping the policy you like.

New policy will be almost twice as much, $1500 a fucking month for the 2 of us!  So much for saving me $2500 a year in premiums!

Middle class gets ass raped, no lube either.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:55:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

New policy will be almost twice as much, $1500 a fucking month for the 2 of us! So much for saving me $2500 a year in premiums!

View Quote

Oh, it will save that much for FSA types.  Just not you because you are productive.

FUCK Obama and the democrats.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope people take their anger out at the polls.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh, it will save that much for FSA types.  Just not you because you are productive.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New policy will be almost twice as much, $1500 a fucking month for the 2 of us! So much for saving me $2500 a year in premiums!

THIS +1  x  1000

my step son works in washington.. on health care.
he says costs will triple ..
if your a productive working stiff .. your screwed..  add 33 million Mexicans with green cards .. YOU  will pay for them .. and of course all the freeloaders on welfare.
and what kills me ...is the white house and congress and their staff and household staff are  EXEMPT !!!

the Demon crats  killed our country.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Nothing, they pushed it back to 2015 knowing they would get slaughtered in the mid terms.

assholes...
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nothing, they pushed it back to 2015 knowing they would get slaughtered in the mid terms.

assholes...
View Quote
Yeah and the individual mandate stays in place so working folks won't get bit till they file their taxes in 2015 (after the election).

I predict it will fucking crush Hillary's chance of being elected in 2016.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Many people will get cut back if not fired. More outsourcing to overseas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Ever seen that movie 'the Road' ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:59:25 AM EDT
[#25]
I predict that violence will occur when people that have ALWAYS done the right thing are told that their young child "doesn`t qualify" for the medicine he needs to survive due to the "new" rules. Scary times ahead.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#26]
For the people who understand whats happening, Im hope for non compliance. Everyone else with their heads in the sand will maybe freak the fuck out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:08:28 AM EDT
[#27]
And America deserves everything we get.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#29]
It will pretty much be like Shaun of the Dead, but with 72.7% more Anal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:19:56 AM EDT
[#30]
I have already been notified by my Healthcare Insurance Co. that in order to bring my "affordable" healthcare policy into compliance with Obamacare they are going to more than double my monthly cost.  Now that it's no longer going to be "affordable" so that I can pay for all the freeloaders, I can only say WTF!!!

A huge FBHO!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I hope people take their anger out at the polls.
View Quote

If that does not work, they will definitely take their anger out ON THE POL'S.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:24:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Aspirin will require a prescription, and there will be a 4 month waiting period to see a physician with authorization to write it.

Free abortions for all with no waiting.

Basically a liberal paradise.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#33]
There is always free cheese in the mouse trap.

End transmission.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Why not just pay the Obamacare fine and keep a catastrophic plan?  I pay like $8500 a year and have to pay the first $2500 in expenses out of pocket.   The fine isnt that bad and I basically have to pay out of pocket anyways.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:37:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why not just pay the Obamacare fine and keep a catastrophic plan?  I pay like $8500 a year and have to pay the first $2500 in expenses out of pocket.   The fine isnt that bad and I basically have to pay out of pocket anyways.
View Quote

You think you're actually going to get "care"? When doctors aren't going to take new patients and when device manufacturers are not going to sell at a loss?

You need to read more.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:47:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You think you're actually going to get "care"? When doctors aren't going to take new patients and when device manufacturers are not going to sell at a loss?

You need to read more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to read more.

I already have a doctor and essential pay cash for everything since we never meet the deductible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

The penalties are cheap for now
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#38]
What's really going to happen?  

1. Insurance and healthcare are going to get more expensive for working folks.  

2. People will forget about the goals of Obamacare.  Just like they forgot about the purposes of the Departments of Energy, Education, Housing...

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:07:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
You'll probably qualify for a Bronze plan from one of the exchanges.  Probably cheaper for you than the fine, plus $8500/year in premiums, plus expenses.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:10:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years... Labor and food
riots in Poland. Soviet troops invade... Cuba and Nicaragua reach troop
strength goals of 500,000. El Salvador and Honduras fall... Greens Party
gains control of West German Parliament. Demands withdrawal of nuclear
weapons from European soil... Mexico plunged into revolution... NATO
dissolves. United States stands alone.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Initial Chaos followed by market compensation.  In the initial chaos, health insurance companies will raise rates and offer reduced benefit plans.  Employers will previously provided insurance will switch to lower benefit plans to control costs.  Employers who did not will try to limit the amount of their workforce subject to penalty and will use the 10% payroll reduction offer to cut their costs.  The 10% reduction of payroll will freak people out, many will opt out of insurance.  The ones who opt in will go nuts when they find out just how shitty the bronze plan is.

At that point nobody is getting anything better and it is costing everybody more.  Then next dem controlled government will switch us to single payer which will make everyone Happy, Happy, Happy, dead.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:11:35 AM EDT
[#42]
I already know I'm going to be paying out the ass so I may as well just put a proctologist on retainer
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I already have a doctor and essential pay cash for everything since we never meet the deductible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to read more.

Well, assuming that things stay a constant, (which they will not) then your plan is fine.

But what will happen when the fines grow exponentially as more folks refuse to pay the Obamacare insurance premiums?

What happens when 30 MILLION new insured (plus illegals now?) have what they feel is free insurance (not talking FSA, I'm talking otherwise working poor) and clog up the healthcare system,? with hospitals hemorrhaging money faster than anyone could ever imagine, how long do you thing doctors and nurses and staff will stay working at a hospital for minimum wage?

Now assume that your healthcare premiums are now "just added to your tax bill" every year so that you don't have to pay a fine or carry a health policy. "The Government will just assign you a policy" and bill your taxes.

Sounds like fun huh?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:13:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have medical and dental with my job. About $20 a month is taken out of my check. I never use the medical, but use my bi-yearly teeth cleanings.

Now, should I just see an increase in what comes out weekly, or a "Holy Shit!!!" clusterfuck of epic proportions in terms of cost, actual care, etc?
View Quote

Ever seen a movie were the ass rape a prisoner? It will be a lot like that but Obama care won’t be as gentle.

This will be the death nail in the American economy there is no way we can even imagine paying for this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#45]
It is a net negative to working people at all levels, and only a boon to the non-working.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#46]
It depends in your company, your current healthcare, and your location.

Some are going up a little, some are going up a ton.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#47]

Original. Posted By Waldo:

I just got a letter in the mai. Deductible, out of pocket, co-pays all going up for me.
View Quote
Yup this .  All it means for me is less mo ey in my pocket  

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:15:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You will have a much harder time getting an appointment with a Doctor. You may see a PA instead of a MD.
View Quote

Not if u have a doctor that wont see the fsa.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Small rural hospitals will close their Emergency Rooms so they can stop taking Medicare patients.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Small rural hospitals will close their Emergency Rooms so they can stop taking Medicare patients.
View Quote

They already are.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top