Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2013 5:24:02 PM EDT
Some threads make me wonder if I am the only hard liner.  I refuse to visit, or travel through any state (or Country) who would prohibit me from carrying a gun for self defense, or would restrict in anyway what I can carry for that purpose.  I consider the right of self defense (and beating arms for that defense) to be not just a basic fundamental Constitutional, and Civil Right, but a basic, and fundamental Human Right as well, so I refuse to go anywhere that does not recognize that right.  Who else black lists states?

Here is my Blacklist:

Illinois
New York
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Deleware
California
Hawaii
Colorado (due to magazine ban)

Washington DC
Guam
US Virgin Islands
Northern Marianas Islands
Puerto Rico

All foreign countries with the exception of The Czech Republic

I don't think I forgot any, but you know my Criteria.

As far as I am concerned they are all radioactive.

Unfortunately this means that I am also cut off from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Alaska as there is no overland route to them as they are caught behind enemy lines, and I refuse to fly due to TSA lunacy (I like flying to), and traveling by Sea, or Charter Plane is to expensive.

Does anyone else takhard hard line?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Im pretty close. I am going to Cape Cod to fish for Bluefin Tuna next year. I will make the sacrifice once but I usually don't go anywhere my gun isn't welcome.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No.

Too much shit I'd like to see and experience in this short life to limit myself and family like that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't usually travel too far. But next year the wife and I will be going on a long camping trip to Yellowstone. We worked our plans to stay out of Cali and Colorado.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Illinois
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't go to Puerto Rico?  
View Quote

They were trying to get a federal agent on murder charges for shooting a guy in Self defense a year or so ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Wild horses couldn't drag me to Yankeeland.  The east coast north of Virginia with the possible exception of Pennsylvania holds nothing of interest to me.  You'll never catch me on the West Coast either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
There's entirely too much of this world to see to put entire states and countries off my list because I can't carry a firearm there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I pick vacations based on 2A friendly states.

I am going to go to NJ to visit with some friends, tho.  I'm torn going there.  I enjoy seeing my old house and neighborhood, but hate leaving my protection behind.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some threads make me wonder if I am the only hard liner.  I refuse to visit, or travel through any state (or Country) who would prohibit me from carrying a gun for self defense, or would restrict in anyway what I can carry for that purpose.  I consider the right of self defense (and beating arms for that defense) to be not just a basic fundamental Constitutional, and Civil Right, but a basic, and fundamental Human Right as well, so I refuse to go anywhere that does not recognize that right.  Who else black lists states?

Here is my Blacklist:

Illinois
New York
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Deleware
California
Hawaii

Washington DC
Guam
US Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico

Unfortunately this means that I am also cut off from Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Alaska as there is no overland route to them as they are caught behind enemy lines, and I refuse to fly due to TSA lunacy (I like flying to), and traveling by Sea, or Charter Plane is to expensive.

View Quote

I agree and have family in several of those states and territories. Have not been yet, married 24 years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Blacklist?  RACIST!

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't forget TX. You can't OC here, so we suck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Maryland
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
It's more like a "gray" list for me, but yes.  I try not to buy stuff from states like IL, CA, NY, CO (sorry guys), etc.  I've had a few trips to IN and WI where I drove around IL, even though it added an hour or two to my trip.

On the other hand, I had a family reunion in southern IL last year and I did attend.  I may or may not have obeyed all laws while I was there.  ETA:  Also went to a good friend's wedding in NJ and spent a night in NYC.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#16]

There are places I won't move to, but I'm not leaving here until it's on my terms.

But visit? I go where I want to go to see and do what I want.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't forget TX. You can't OC here, so we suck.
View Quote

That's a point against, but Texas is actually on my "wouldn't mind moving to list".  The no Open Carry sucks, but my main issue is possibly interpreting that in a way that could get me arrested for accidental printing, or momentary exposure.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#18]

My blacklist

Kalifornia
New Jersey
New York
Illinois
Tennessee
Connecticut
Massachusetts
Seattle WA
Portland OR

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I pick vacations based on 2A friendly states.

I am going to go to NJ to visit with some friends, tho.  I'm torn going there.  I enjoy seeing my old house and neighborhood, but hate leaving my protection behind.
View Quote

Coming from a NYer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Born in NJ but never going back. My family has to come see me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Here is my Blacklist:

Illinois
New York
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Rhode Island
Connecticut
Deleware
California
Hawaii

Washington DC
Guam
US Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico

View Quote

Fuck yes.  And cities.

Everything North of PA, Everything North of KY, Everything W of AZ, Also Maryland.  Plus DC, Philly, Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, shit the list is too big.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a blacklist of states that I won't live in, but not one for states I won't visit.  I personally would like to visit all of the states.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a blacklist of states that I won't live in, but not one for states I won't visit.  I personally would like to visit all of the states.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No.

Too much shit I'd like to see and experience in this short life to limit myself and family like that.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:47:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't have any reason to go anywhere but Colorado, New Mexico and Texas for our Chrisrmas visit back home to Texas. My license covers North and South Dakota for work.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Why Dallas?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#28]
I refuse to go to Antarctica.  The penguins are intolerant.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#29]
you guys need to enjoy life a little more
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#30]
A friend called me up in the fall of last year and asked if I wanted to go on a goose hunt, I asked where and he said N.Y. and I replied with NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I was (sarc) fortunate (/sarc) enough to move a bunch as a kid.

I black list states.  Be damned if NY get's another penny of mine, I don't need to go that far north anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Only Michigan.

Just look at Detroit and the UAW...enough said.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Ditto the list and the sentiments OP.

One other western gun friendly state is on my list.......something about a crazy bitch ex. and this state cuts the balls off males.  

FUT.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nope. Seems silly. Never going to travel outside the US?
View Quote

We have people here who have probably never left their own state.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Living by your blacklist, I would be restricted to a few hundred mile radius.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Fuck yes.  And cities.

Everything North of PA, Everything North of KY, Everything W of AZ, Also Maryland.  Plus DC, Philly, Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, shit the list is too big.
View Quote

Why not Atlanta? Hell you can even OC in Atlanta and the rest of the state.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Uh, you live in Michigan and denigrate New Hampshire?  New Hampshire's firearm laws are less restrictive than Michigans last I checked.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Any particular reason Delaware is on your list?  As of now no gun restrictions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I've gone to Canada twice and Switzerland three times for yearly vacations that were mostly hiking and wandering around in the mountains. Neither of them would let me bring a Glock. Not to mention I've been to Ca a few times, DC, NYC, Boston, and probably others.
View Quote

This. Theres a whole world out there. 90% of self defense is situational awareness and making smart decisions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Living by your blacklist, I would be restricted to a few hundred mile radius.
View Quote

I think thats what OP wants....
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#43]
you're a weirdo
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#45]
I do the same thing OP.

Wife and I went on a 6000 mile driving trip from Florida out through several Western states and back a few years ago.  I checked the laws to make sure I would be legal carrying for each state prior to the trip.

She originally wanted to go to Niagara Falls, Washington D.C and up that way at first.   No way with their anti-gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Illinois and most of the northeastern states - they are off limits to me
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Whelp I guess I won't be bumping into you in any of the awesome places I have been around the world.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This. Theres a whole world out there. 90% of self defense is situational awareness and making smart decisions.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've gone to Canada twice and Switzerland three times for yearly vacations that were mostly hiking and wandering around in the mountains. Neither of them would let me bring a Glock. Not to mention I've been to Ca a few times, DC, NYC, Boston, and probably others.

Agree.

Most of these 'blacklists' probably come from people who wouldn't/don't have a reason to go there anyway.  It's pretty easy for me to say, "Fuck it, I'm not going to Michigan" for whatever reason...But I have no family, no work prospects, no recreational interests so it's not like I'm really going out of my way.  

Probably the same people that will tell me to move from MD instead of fighting for rights....We can be our own worst enemy sometimes
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top