Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2002 7:10:34 PM EDT
As of 2255 EST, Republicans have picked up one senate seat, and are doing VERY well in the governor races around the country so far.  The house pickups are swinging our way too...but that was a given anyway.

Saxby Chambliss has beaten Max Cleland in Georgia and Norm Coleman is leading well in Minnesota with a fairly large percent of the precincts reporting.  I just tried to get an update from there but they took the site down for maintenance!  Go figure.  I'm pretty sure that we have so far kept all of our senate seats so its a net gain of one as of this moment, with another about to happen...I hope.

Here's another nice piece of news:  Bob Erlich has just been declared the winner in Maryland!  YEA!!!

I don't think Townsend will concede, not with the Dems poised to scream rape and go to the courts.  If the numbers stay the way they are trending however, Townsend has no grounds for a beef.

Looking good folks!  I felt this building in the last couple of days and America has spoken!

[:D]    [:D]    [:D]    [:D]    [:D]    [:D]    [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Update-KKT goes down in flames in Maryland.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Take that Teddy, you drunk murdering POS!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Coleman continues to lead in Minnesota and now Jim Talent is leading The Widow Carnahan in Missouri by a steady 4% pts.  If both Republicans win, it's a net gain of 3 for us and its BYE-BYE DASSHOLE!!!

BTW...the folks over at the DU are going bananas![:D]-[:D]-[:D]-[:D]

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Woo hoo!  Let's all go out in our yards and shoot our AR's in a celebratory fashion ;-)

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Things have gone well in NH (Despite losing Bob Smith ~sniff~)

Shaheen is OUT.

Bass stays in, Sunununnnunnu takes over Smith's seat, and Martha Fuller Clark is OUT

I just hope my state rep races go just as smoothly.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]REPUBLICANS ARE WINNING BIG!![/b]

The AW ban will be gone!!!!! This is unbelievable what is happening.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Very nice so far for the GOP! With two years for the economy to improve, some good potential for 2004.

Not only is the GOP holding ground, it looks like gains against the enemies of our country are being made, truly historic.[^]

In local news, York was crushed, making her a three time loser.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
BYE BYE ANTIS.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Suprise of the night: Gov. Barnes (D) loses to Sonny Perdue (R)

That, and Chambliss has been declared winner...
Coleman is ahead in Minnesota
Talent is way ahead in Missouri
Dole wins North Carolina

Can I get a...

[size=6][b]HELL YEAH![/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a pretty story in Illinios.
Rod Blagojevich, the Democrat, who while in congress, proposed a 50 cal. rifle ban, supports "ballistic fingerprinting" among many other anti-gun things, has been elected governor.  

The attorney general's office has gone to Lisa Madigan who is as anti-gun owner as one gets.  In her "victory" speech minutes ago, she mentions "sensible gun laws" several times and her website has gun control at the top of all issues listed. [:(]

Bad, bad things are happening here, and the next four years are likely to be hell for gun owners.

The way these people got elected:  They did the Bill Clinton thing;  just talk about the economy, jobs, education, senior citizens, and children.  Don't talk about guns or taxes.

IT WORKED!  They successfully conned union members and women.

Forgot to mention, Clinton advisor Rahm Emanuel, also won a seat in the state house.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
P.S.

If the Senate tips, this will be the #1 gain for us...

Bush can then pack the judiciary with conservative, read-the-constitution-literally judges.

That will last long into the next administration (and we know what that means, from experiencing the effects of the last wave of uber-liberals of the pre-Reagan days...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#13]
It could get better. Well at least on paper.

They are speculating out loud on Fox that in the wake of this Republican juggernaut showing "Jumpin Jim" Jeffords may come back to the Republican fold-rather than risk facing this kind of power when HE has to next run for reelection.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Every seat in Ohio is now filled with Republicans, every damn seat. Ohio Supreme court, Congress and Senate, Govenor etc. A complete landslide- now we'll have CCW!!!  
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds nice for you creeper..

Hopefully you can get some nice laws passed and nasty ones booted out.. :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every seat in Ohio is now filled with Republicans, every damn seat. Ohio Supreme court, Congress and Senate, Govenor etc. A complete landslide- now we'll have CCW!!!  
View Quote

It is a sweet thing. Only a few house seats went to dems (unless things changed) and those were from the districts occupied by Cleveland, Columbus etc. so they were givens. CCW better be here!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Also Minnesota will probably get a conservative Republican governor.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Right now the Repukes [;)] have 51 seats in the Senate.  Sweet victory.

It looks like we will get MN too.

SD is very close, but right now is going Democrap.

Louisiana will have a runoff.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:15:42 PM EDT
[#19]
CBS is saying Republicians have to win 21 senate elections to have the majority and 20 have been won.

Four states are undecided. All we need is one of the four.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They are speculating out loud on Fox that in the wake of this Republican juggernaut showing "Jumpin Jim" Jeffords may come back to the Republican fold-rather than risk facing this kind of power when HE has to next run for reelection.
View Quote

[puke]

Hang him from a tree and beat him like a pinata till he pops. Then let him twist in the wind while the buzzards peck away.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
...and a nice surprise in South Dakota: Thune has just pulled ahead of D'Asshole's boy, after trailing all night. With a split time zone, the polls closed earlier on the more liberal eastern side of the state, making Johnson appear to have a significant advantage. Now, the westerners are starting to flex their muscle.

Latest results, as of 12:34 CST, with 697 out of 844 precincts reporting:

(L) EVANS KURT 2,528 votes (1%)
(D) JOHNSON TIM 139,335 votes (49%)
(R) THUNE JOHN 141,616 (50 %)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I can't help it boys, I have to gloat. It is a new dawn in America. The AW ban will be history and the Supremes and other judges will be conservatives.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell, Minnesota ain't looking too shabby, either —

as of 12:42 CST, with 2,356 of 4,106 precincts reporting ( 57.38%):

Green  RAY TRICOMO  2,454 (0.46%)
Independence  JIM MOORE  13,384 (2.51%)
Republican  NORM COLEMAN  268,924 (50.52%)
Democratic-Farmer-Labor  WALTER F. MONDALE  243,247 (45.70%)
Democratic-Farmer-Labor  PAUL WELLSTONE  3,340 (0.63%)
Constitution  MIRO DRAGO KOVATCHEVICH  563 (0.11%)
Write-In  ED MCGAA**  0 (0.00%)
Write-In  "DICK" FRANSON**  0 (0.00%)
Write-In  WRITE-IN (OTHER)  385 (0.07%)
Write-In  MICHELLE MARIE HARBECK**  0 (0.00%)

(click [url=http://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/ElecRslts.asp?M=S&Races=0103]here[/url] to see updates to this race)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[puke]

Hang him from a tree and beat him like a pinata till he pops. Then let him twist in the wind while the buzzards peck away.
View Quote

If he comes back, he won't survive a primary...

Bye Bye, Jimmy...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Another victory: Fox news has just declared Talent the winner in Missouri!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#26]
IIRC The GOA says Sununu is an anti-gunner...
The key either way it goes is to call your congresscritters!!  Specially the moderate democrats...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#27]
WOW. I hoped and hoped it would happened but I did not really expect it. I haven't felt this good in a long time. Now we can pack the courts with gunfriendly judges, let the AW ban die without a replacement, etc, etc... [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I am not going to be able to sleep tonight I am bouncing around so much.

Edited to fix an incredibly stupid mistake pointed out by a fellow board member. Damn, I still can't believe I made that mistake [whacko]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Now we can pack the courts with liberal judges
View Quote

No, that's NOT part of the plan! It must be WAY past your bedtime, [b]Rickyj[/b]!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Now we can pack the courts with liberal judges
View Quote

No, that's NOT part of the plan! It must be WAY past your bedtime, [b]Rickyj[/b]!
View Quote

LOL! I can not believe I made that big of a mistake [:I] I meant liberal towards gun ownership and rights, but without outright saying it I can see how you misunderstood. [:D] [i][b][red]Conservative[/red][/b][/i] judges is what I meant.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
... Saxby Chambliss has beaten Max Cleland in Georgia ...
View Quote

I’m going to be absolutely delighted if the Republicans get control of the Senate.

I really do feel bad about Max Cleland, though.  I wish there was some way we could give him Ted Kennedy’s job and get rid of Kennedy instead!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#31]
It appears that CO has delivered the Goods - Allard ([b]R[/b]) appears to be the winner - And this contest won't require a lawsuit to confirm it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top