Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2013 7:45:37 AM EDT

The U.S. National Security Agency is able to crack protective measures on iPhones, BlackBerry and Android devices, giving it access to users' data on all major smartphones, according to a report Sunday in German news weekly Der Spiegel.

The magazine cited internal documents from the NSA and its British counterpart GCHQ in which the agencies describe setting up dedicated teams for each type of phone as part of their effort to gather intelligence on potential threats such as terrorists.
View Quote

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/08/nsa-can-access-most-smartphone-data-report-says/

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Good. Maybe they can help me find some of the contacts that disappear from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 7:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
And this is supposed to prevent terrorkeep us safer how?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Not surprised.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh hay, we could be at war soon, but its great to know the NSA can snag pics of chicks taking nudes in the mirror!
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Bush's fault

I hope it covers tablets too....otherwise we wouldnt be completely safe
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#6]
holy shit.... and i was just told yesterday this was impossible... on this very forum.

how long is it going to take before people wake up? when the actual boot is crushing their face?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
What a world we live in. The illusion of privacy is dead.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:12:14 AM EDT
[#8]
No shit. This is no surprise and it's old news. There is actually a tax on your phone bill for it. You are paying them to spy on you. It's called the regulatory programs fee or something like that. They need funds to build that giant database joint in Utah. I don't even care, just let your phone be a phone. If I was ever going to commit a crime (which I am not) I would not have any ties to electronic communications.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#9]
I figured this was already known
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good. Maybe they can help me find some of the contacts that disappear from time to time.
View Quote
Yeah, and maybe they can help me get rid of those pre programmed apps that annoy the shit out of me and I don't want.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bush's fault  

View Quote

This.  I am willing to give up all my rights and privacy if the government will keep me and my family safe.  You laugh but I have heard many statements along those lines, especially since sandy hook.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:20:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Is anybody really surprised?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:20:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.  I am willing to give up all my rights and privacy if the government will keep me and my family safe.  You laugh but I have heard many statements along those lines, especially since sandy hook.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bush's fault  

Me too. Or "so what, I have nothing to hide", which I hear especially on this site when the statists come out to post.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:22:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh hay, we could be at war soon, but its great to know the NSA can snag pics of chicks taking nudes in the mirror!
View Quote

They are preparing for a coming war.  That's why they're collecting data from their enemy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry. They are doing it for your protection.

The constitution has been burned a while ago.

4th amendment is toilet paper.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Makes me want to write "fuck NSA" on my wiener and take a photo.  but there isnt enough space
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#17]
The day I bought a phone with a GPS receiver, I knew I was purchasing my own tracking bug if anyone cared enough.

Nobody does though.  Even my wife doesn't care where I am.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Makes me want to write "fuck NSA" on my wiener and take a photo.  but there isnt enough space
View Quote

Don't worry, since you just posted that here the NSA knows about it now.
FUNSA
FUBHO

f
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I pity the poor bureaucrat that might ever be assigned to my account.

Hope the poor bastard brought a book to read (or smart phone games to play...) The boredom could be considered "cruel and unusual punishment".
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#20]
And this news flash surprise who exactly?

I just have to laugh at the folks who have asserted there's no way for the government to access and sort everyone's data and who mock the tin foiler's concerns about "back doors".

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They are preparing for a coming war.  That's why they're collecting data from their enemy.
View Quote

Nails it!

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:46:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Implanted RFID's are next. Just sayen.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#23]
If you tell anyone, communicate it over the wires or airways, or write it down.  It ain't private.  Simple.
To think anything else is silly.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who do you think removed them?

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
holy shit.... and i was just told yesterday this was impossible... on this very forum.

how long is it going to take before people wake up? when the actual boot is crushing their face?
View Quote

Considering how much worse things have gotten in the past 10-20 years imagine how bad it will be in another 10-20 years.

I think future generations are going to look back on this time period and think "how the fuck could those idiots sit back and let this happen?"

But then again maybe it will be like 'Idiocracy' and no one will give a shit.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bush's fault  

So have I.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I said this was legal under the patriot act on another thread about a month ago and some guy from japan who shall remain nameless, Josh, said that I had never even read the patriot act.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn, I've only been using the Iphone for internet surfing because I thought it was hack proof.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Damn, I've only been using the Iphone for internet surfing because I thought it was hack proof.
View Quote

It has a built in back door. It has to by "law". it can be used to remotely record every conversation you have, even if you arent makeing a call, remember the microphone that allows you to use it as a walky or have hands free conversations? That can be turned on remotely while you are talking to people.

They can/do also track you and video you with them. Remember the two cameras on the front and back? and it is just as "legal" as the internet/email and land line stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope they can find out why apple keeps removing songs from my iTunes playlist.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It has a built in back door. It has to by law. it can be used to remotely record every conversatin you have, tack you and video you. and it is just as legal as the email and land line stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It has a built in back door. It has to by law. it can be used to remotely record every conversatin you have, tack you and video you. and it is just as legal as the email and land line stuff.

I'm sure this security state is what the framers would have wanted.

Not.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my guns or in me?

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In my guns or in me?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my guns or in me?

RFIDs are dirt cheap so probably both.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to attach goatse to every communication I send.

Hell, if someone came up with an app for that, I would bet it would be Top 10 in no time flat.

I sincerely hope the rest of the DoD realizes just how much damage the NSA is doing to public confidence in the structure that once was designed to protect us.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok.  We get it.  The NSA can see and hear everything electronic. Congress said it's OK, so there's nothing "illegal" about it.

We all need the NSA to be able to do this to keep us safe from terrorism.  

Meanwhile Nidal Hassan corresponds via email with some terrorist idiot in Yemen and the NSA misses that.  The two retards from Boston surely had electronic communications with terrorists and the NSA missed that.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Is anybody really surprised?
View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I need to attach goatse to every communication I send.

Hell, if someone came up with an app for that, I would bet it would be Top 10 in no time flat.

I sincerely hope the rest of the DoD realizes just how much damage the NSA is doing to public confidence in the structure that once was designed to protect us.

View Quote

They don't care about public opinion. They have POWER!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
It will be a cold day in Hell before.........

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Well then... I can just say this right here knowing that there is no place left except inside my head where they can't snoop on my shit.

FUCK YOU NSA
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bush's fault  

I have head that same line from people too
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. That is why it is treason.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:21:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground."~Thomas Jefferson

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

The NSA is all up in your phone, deleting your contacts.

Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Is my 10 year old Razr V3 affected?
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#46]
And that's why cell phones aren't allowed in classified briefings. Even turned off.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

that depends on what you mean, your phone conversations can be pulled out of the air, I dont think your phone could be remotely accessed, but I dont really know. If it was built to be remotely accessed by the maufacturer it can be remotely accessed by the NSA or anyone else with access to your cellular network.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#48]
It's been the modus operandi of most credible intelligence agencies for a number of years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

You better start using a Zack Morris phone just to be on the safe side.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top