Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2002 3:40:50 PM EDT
Hi, a friend of mine gave me a propane refrigerator and TV set out of his old motor home. I was able to light the pilot on the refrigerator and it works fine.
However, I am having a little trouble with the reception on the TV. I have hooked the propane and I can get a “good blue flame" on the pilot light but when I attempt to turn up the "generator burner" the TV has poor reception and there is a lot of snow. I am just using the little 2’ long V shaped antenna that came with the TV. Do I need to get a larger antenna or maybe a satellite dish?
thanks,

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
[size=4]Hank Hill!!.......

paging Hank Hill!!!!![/size=4]

Sgtar15

PS  I have never even heard of a propane TV before, don't you burn your fingers everytime you change the channel??

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't drink the bong water!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]

You need to replace the factory antenna with a Tractor Supply Bailing Wire 3" antenna.... fullclip

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
[url=http://varsoon.wireboard.com/~jleitess/countryside/hv.greenspun.com/bboard/Wc80a2254f383f.htm]propane tv[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#6]
There was this sky diver whose 'chute didn't open. On the way down, he met a guy coming up.

"Know anything about parachutes?," asked the skydiver.

The guy going up replied, "No. you know anything about propane TVs?"
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]
You're low on propane. Tilt the TV 90 degrees (cw if you're right-eye-dominant, ccw if you're left-eye-dominant) and it should work fine. When you get a chance, take the tank into town and have it refilled (remember to take the TV, too, otherwise the guys at the propane station won't know which type of propane to give you).

cynic
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Its like the old propane toliet,just be very,very,very careful how you light the pilot !

And no extra gas please!   Bob [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top