Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 2:06:59 PM EDT
I am not really computer savvy or know lots about programs and all that good stuff. All I know it's getting harder and harder to log on and stay on or go from topic to topic with out being timed out or waiting 10 min for it to reload.
I thought maybe it's on my end but I am not having problems on any other sites. So could it be the new format of the program? It seems I didn't have any problems with the old site set-up. I know you keep saying more guest traffic. This is getting frustrating sitting and waiting for it to reload or even try to read a page. Is there anything I can do to fix this or is this how it is going to be now? I can't believe there are that many people still lurking due to the sniper BS.  HELP
Maybe there is a lose wire on your end....LOL
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to change the subject but did you get over your ailment?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing out my way edpmedic, the topics with two or three replies are OK but the long ones, two or three pages,forget-about-it. seems to be working better this p.m.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not trying to change the subject but did you get over your ailment?
View Quote

Ailment?

The hero was working the WTC callout when the towers collapsed.

He has disabilitating injuries from job related injury.

Ailment seems way to wrong.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Having the same problem with long threads
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Marc, sounds like your auto login cookie is missing or corrupt. Go to your Profile. At the bottom is a button for auto login. Select yes, then submit. You may have to do it twice.
If that doesn't work try to delete the AR15 cookie, then follow the above process again.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Just able to get the site to load again..Grock I will try that now and see if it works thanks.

I THINK thinman is talking about me being sick last week. I was feeling better and then started getting dizzy and bloated feeling today. Told some one I might be going through the change of life or having my period....

Going for another blood test anyway to make sure about the heavy metals and some other things.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]
AILMENT! That man is a FREAKING HERO! He's not sick! He is a victim of Injuries sustained in the line of duty and should be refered to as SIR at all times. You would be so lucky to even have ONE of his injuries from half a worthy a cause. (grammar error)
Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry... no technical advice to offer.

[help desk mode ON]
Did you try re-installing windows again?
[help desk mode OFF]

JUST KDDING !  [:D]
-----------------------------------------

BTW:

[b]Hero IS the right word![/b]

EDPMedic bravely gave of his heart, soul and BODY to help save his fellow downed  firefighters.

God Bless You Marc and your family!  [:)]

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't seem to help to much. I am willing to throw some extra $$$$ if it gets a bigger server or whatever causes this to spped up.

There were a lot of true heroes there Wave, Blazac, and some others also. It still feels funny being called a hero since I was scared shitless of dying and think and ask why I didn't.
Anyway back to problem on hand Is there anything I can do to speed it up on my end?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top