Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2002 7:07:02 AM EDT
This is the part of Election Day I hate the most.

I just got back from voting and now must wait for the outcome.

Did the Republicans convince enough disaffected liberals to vote for the Green Party?

Did the Democrats convince enough disaffected conservatives to vote Libertarian or not vote at all?

I fear the anti-gun Democrats are better at this than we are.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The Democrats didn't seem to energized about this election, but was it a sham?

History shows that the Republicans should lose seats everywhere this time around.  Since that might not happen, would we have won if things stay pretty much the same?

Are the Democrats going to suprise everyone?

Are the Republicans going to suprise everyone?

I hate the wait too.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
An here I though you were going to say that you mailed for form IV today. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto [smoke]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Speaking of waiting - 2000 election. Couldn't wait up, couldn't sleep, took sleeping pills, still didn't help. Thought I'd just go to sleep and it would be over in the morning. Little did I realize there would be months of waiting...
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Speaking of waiting - 2000 election. Couldn't wait up, couldn't sleep, took sleeping pills, still didn't help. Thought I'd just go to sleep and it would be over in the morning. Little did I realize there would be months of waiting...
View Quote

Yeah, that reminds me, stupid Gore. [kill]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#6]
... I know it's kinda nerve wracking
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't get too excited.  The Republicans are only the lesser of two evils.  We won't be winning much of anything except buying us as little more time before the end.  No matter who wins government spending goes up each year and more laws are passed restricting your freedoms.  Don't get me wrong, I voted straight Republican today, but I don't feel good about it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll admit that it is kind of racking my nerves also, but the fact that I can do anything about it helps a little bit.  That and the fact that I have some work to do before tomorrow morning will keep my mind off the outcome.  

Crossing all my fingers and toes though.  Who knows maybe the Republicans will actually win.  Guess it doesn't hurt to be optimistic.  [thinking]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't get too excited.  The Republicans are only the lesser of two evils.  We won't be winning much of anything except buying us as little more time before the end.  No matter who wins government spending goes up each year and more laws are passed restricting your freedoms.  Don't get me wrong, I voted straight Republican today, but I don't feel good about it.
View Quote

Deja vu!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top