Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I lived in Bakersfield also.   It happened.   The cars never hit the street with the logo, but pictures were taken and someone got ahold of them.    Wimbash said it would be funny and someone thought that ment put them on the cars.  

Rumor has it they also put "we'll bite your ass" on a K-9 unit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the same Kern County Sheriff that had this logo on their police cars, no joke.

http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/26133916.jpg

That's got to be a chop.

I lived in Kern for 4 years and never saw that. It's BS.

I lived in Bakersfield also.   It happened.   The cars never hit the street with the logo, but pictures were taken and someone got ahold of them.    Wimbash said it would be funny and someone thought that ment put them on the cars.  

I went to HS there in the 70s, never saw it but that was the rep...Whole Ceaser Chavez, Onion field type of beatdowns...My stepfather got a couple of knots on the head..probably needed it though
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I went to HS there in the 70s, never saw it but that was the rep...Whole Ceaser Chavez, Onion field type of beatdowns...My stepfather got a couple of knots on the head..probably needed it though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the same Kern County Sheriff that had this logo on their police cars, no joke.

That's got to be a chop.

I graduated from Ridgeview in 2001.    We always said if you ran from the KCSO or BPD you would only die tired.   They were not above shooting someone in the back.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Whoops think I hear sirens, time for an early brunch  
View Quote

Wouldn't an early brunch just be breakfast?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Or not.

So they just stopped in the middle of the road and beat him up for no reason.

Does not pass the sniff test.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Someone's going to get paid

Or not.

So they just stopped in the middle of the road and beat him up for no reason.

Does not pass the sniff test.

Yea, neither does the 4 people that died in their custody since march.

Must be a fluke or something in the water there.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]

"I graduated from Ridgeview in 2001.    We always said if you ran from the KCSO or BPD you would only die tired.   They were not above shooting someone in the back"

I went to West HS, it was the very edge of town then
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That and the fact that a guy with no criminal record suddenly knows all the tricks of a hardened inmate?  

View Quote

I do not know the disposition of these three criminal cases.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No way that's true. Any legit report of that on their cars?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No way that's true. Any legit report of that on their cars?

Yes it is true, it was done by a company in Orange County that does the decals for the KCSO cars at the time. They only placed that logo on one car, and it was removed after the press got a hold of it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Partial truth in that it was a photo taken at the direction of a prior Sheriff who half assed claimed it was a joke.   Those who were responsible for putting that on the car, yes it did happen however it was one car and it is debated on whether it ever left the headquarters parking lot, basically stated they were told to do it then take it off.

As for the original topic...

We will wait to see whether or not there is any merit to this guys claims.   Usually stuff like this doesnt wait 6+ months before making the news...   meaning those of us on this forum that live in/around Kern County will hear about this crap within about 24-48 hours of it happening.    Reference the Silva death...
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So someone played a joke on someone else.
View Quote

The sheriff lied and got outed on it.   He ordered the stickers, took some trophy pics with close friends, pics ended up on the net.   He lied and now he is no longer the sheriff.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:23:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the whole family needs a trip to a lock down treatment center

Eta:  Its 09:30 AM they been drinking heavily and just got back from a wedding party.   Some party I guess

“My son had just gotten back from a wedding party, and had had too much to drink,” Byrket said. “He totally overreacted and told the 911 operator I might be a threat to my wife or myself.”
Within 15 minutes, three deputies arrived at Byrket’s door. After talking to his son, Byrket was handcuffed and put in the back of a sheriff’s car.
Byrket’s son, David, confirmed this account, saying he went to sleep shortly after the deputies left with his father.
“When I woke up, I realized I had made a huge mistake,” David Byrket told the Daily News.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#11]
And its such a big news item its is not even being picked up on here in Kern County.   Only NY daily news has it.  Strange.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, Kern County deputies are above reproach when it comes to dealing with the public. How dare you question their integrity.
despite millions in excessive force claims paid out, rapes, corruption, beatings, etc.

Kern County deputy back in court
Aug 26 2013

A Kern County sheriff's deputy accused of inappropriately touching two women under the pretext of searching them was back in court Monday.
View Quote

Gabriel Lopez, who appeared in a dark suit alongside his attorney, Susan Jerich, is facing several charges, including assault by a public officer, sexual battery, false imprisonment and touching a person intimately against their will. At Monday's hearing, Lopez agreed that the court could schedule his status conference Oct. 15.
View Quote

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.com/local/breaking-news/x1612516406/Kern-County-deputy-back-in-court
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#13]
What is really important here is that the officers went home safe.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The sheriff lied and got outed on it.   He ordered the stickers, took some trophy pics with close friends, pics ended up on the net.   He lied and now he is no longer the sheriff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful.   I dont know what is worse....   the Bakersfield haters or cop haters.    In this thread people get to be both.

This town has roughly 2 degrees of seperation from anyone and the fact that this is somehow big enough to reach the east coast but hasnt even reached local news is intriguing.

Probably a Bakersfield hater in the NY daily news.

/edit

This is not a dig on bama.   Just a caution to Taft given the direction the wind is blowing this thread.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Careful.   I dont know what is worse....   the Bakersfield haters or cop haters.    In this thread people get to be both.

This town has roughly 2 degrees of seperation from anyone and the fact that this is somehow big enough to reach the east coast but hasnt even reached local news is intriguing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually loved Bakersfield except that it was in California.    
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

/edit

This is not a dig on bama.   Just a caution to Taft given the direction the wind is blowing this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

I had fun there. We had a cabin up at Sugarloaf Mtn, I fished the Kern river and Lake Isabella quite a bit. I also had access to the Tejon Ranch, which was pretty impressive back then. Quail hunting over past Taft was awesome.  IDK what its like now, but there was something to do in any direction you wanted to go.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess the five prisoners who've been killed by deputies since Christmas were all "resisting" too.

For fuck's sake, people! You know, sometimes there really are bad cops! In this case, it seems like the whole fucking department is out of control - and are guilty of murder! Mass murder, in fact!

I swear, either some of you guys simply don't read before commenting, or you're freakin' sickos yourselves!
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's got to be a chop.

Wasnt just out there..it was pretty common on the East coast as well.  Which is why i laugh a little when people keep talking about the "Good Old Days" of LE.  At least now this kind of stuff is reported and something can be done..30-40 years ago it was accepted and ignored.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I guess the five prisoners who've been killed by deputies since Christmas were all "resisting" too.

For fuck's sake, people! You know, sometimes there really are bad cops! In this case, it seems like the whole fucking department is out of control - and are guilty of murder! Mass murder, in fact!

I swear, either some of you guys simply don't read before commenting, or you're freakin' sickos yourselves!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck those JBTs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Short story.

1) Drunk son calls police on father with fake story about domestic abuse.

2) Police arrest dad.

3) Police administer roadside justice fracturing ribs and causing vertebral disc herniations.

4) Police cut dad loose after they realize their was no crime.

5) Complaint filed with Sheriff yet no Internal Affairs investigation is ever done.

6) Story ends up in Daily News.
View Quote

Color me suspicious.  Most cops are VERY jaded about domestic abuse calls, and generally would not be giving a hickory shampoo unless it was something truly awful.

Where's the "Would you like to know more" button?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#23]
come on guys, leave these heros alone
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:16:18 AM EDT
[#24]
It's too bad that ignoring users doesn't keep them out of your active topic feed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:16:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah I bet the FBI GAF, they're off doing their own version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Watch the TBL defend these twits right up until the FBI files charges.

Yeah I bet the FBI GAF, they're off doing their own version.

The FBI definitely does.  If something isn't taken care of locally and the FBI gets a hold of it, it's some serious shit, and they will definitely prosecute it.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2010/march/corruption_032610
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Short story.

2) Police arrest dad. as required by state law
3) Police administer roadside justice fracturing ribs and causing vertebral disc herniations.
4) Police cut dad loose after they realize their was no crime. DA refused to file he said she said, normal for DV
5) Complaint filed with Sheriff yet no Internal Affairs investigation is ever done.
View Quote

2 and 4 are the result of California's insane mandatory arrest domestic violence laws.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And its such a big news item its is not even being picked up on here in Kern County.   Only NY daily news has it.  Strange.
View Quote

You find it strange the local reporters don't want their asses kicked too?

BTW, I spent 4 years there from 86-90 at NWC.

It's really hot there and that makes people crazy. Real crazy.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

2 and 4 are the result of California's insane mandatory arrest domestic violence laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short story.

4) Police cut dad loose after they realize their was no crime. DA refused to file he said she said, normal for DV

I don't think 2) and 4) were the real problem.  It's what happened in between.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short story.

Picky, picky, picky.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:45:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short story.

And therein lies the problem.....My only question is why it took 6 months for this to become public.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's got to be a chop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's got to be a chop.

Ya fuckin' think?

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am Bakersfield born and raised.  I have been all over the world and to the various states.   There is no place i would rather live, as far as town and geographic location, and to try and make a home.

But i HATE that i am in the middle of California.   I hate that California is trying to drive me from my home.   It is not a bumbling idiotic accident in what they are doing but rather a deliberate act.  It isnt "sorry to see you go" but rather a "get your ass out of here" sort of state climate.

So i guess when I retire i will have to take my money and leave the state.   But that is another 20-25 years down the road.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You made the accusations so you provide the details/facts/links.

Otherwise...  troll some place else.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

One of my trips there we stopped for some breakfast.

I started to give my order, the waitress stopped me, looked me dead in the eye and asked, "Where are you from?", I said "Alabama", she said "We don't serve grits here."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/edit

One of my trips there we stopped for some breakfast.

I started to give my order, the waitress stopped me, looked me dead in the eye and asked, "Where are you from?", I said "Alabama", she said "We don't serve grits here."

If you are ever back through let me know ahead of time and I will tell you what places to stop by.

We may not have grits out here but i am guessing you dont have true mexican food back thar.

Went to visit a friend in Wichita Kansas and had by far the worst mexican food of my life.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:29:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Color me suspicious.  Most cops are VERY jaded about domestic abuse calls, and generally would not be giving a hickory shampoo unless it was something truly awful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short story.

2) Police arrest dad.
4) Police cut dad loose after they realize their was no crime.

Those bruises look like baton strikes to the legs, just like what someone who was resisting arrest would get. I would like to know what was left out of his story.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short story.

Why isn't he being charged with resisting arrest then if he fought that hard? Just because the original domestic violence charge was dropped doesn't mean he can't be charged with R&O.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#38]
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#39]
I need to revisit the David Sal Silva thread to see whether it's the same fish being reeled in here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do you need some Prozac Bro?

Or, maybe some Sanka?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Getting drunk as a teenager in the orange groves out Breckenridge Road.
Street racing on Gosford....when the only stop signs were at Rosedale Hwy and Taft Hwy.
Cruising Stockdale Six and Chester before the 'vatos took that over.
KC Steak House...still good.
G-rated-only movies at the Tejon; all of the drive-ins were still thriving.
First McDonald's in town on Niles St., as was the first Seven-Eleven. All three of my sisters car-hopped at the A&W.
The kids from West High were all rich snobs. Stay south of the river or your teeth disappeared.

All of which looks pretty good in the rearview mirror.

I strongly suspect there's a whole lot more to this story than mentioned in the article, bad or good. Donny Youngblood's a pretty good guy, was a hell of a good patrol Sergeant in the '08.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Getting drunk as a teenager in the orange groves out Breckenridge Road.
Street racing on Gosford....when the only stop signs were at Rosedale Hwy and Taft Hwy.
Cruising Stockdale Six and Chester before the 'vatos took that over.
KC Steak House...still good.
G-rated-only movies at the Tejon; all of the drive-ins were still thriving.
First McDonald's in town on Niles St., as was the first Seven-Eleven. All three of my sisters car-hopped at the A&W.
The kids from West High were all rich snobs. Stay south of the river or your teeth disappeared.

All of which looks pretty good in the rearview mirror.

I strongly suspect there's a whole lot more to this story than mentioned in the article, bad or good. Donny Youngblood's a pretty good guy, was a hell of a good patrol Sergeant in the '08.
View Quote

Grew up on South Real Road between Munsey Elementary and Curran Jr High.

Never went to West High though, BHS because their swim team didnt suck.

Still...  two degrees of seperation though.   My people probably know your people if their is more than one generation of folks here.

Shit didnt start changing until people started viewing Bakersfield as a suburb of LA area.   High gas prices helped relieve us of their stupidity slightly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Eta:  Its 09:30 AM they been drinking heavily and just got back from a wedding party.   Some party I guess

View All Quotes
Quoted:

“My son had just gotten back from a wedding party, and had had too much to drink,” Byrket said. “He totally overreacted and told the 911 operator I might be a threat to my wife or myself.”
Within 15 minutes, three deputies arrived at Byrket’s door. After talking to his son, Byrket was handcuffed and put in the back of a sheriff’s car.
Byrket’s son, David, confirmed this account, saying he went to sleep shortly after the deputies left with his father.
“When I woke up, I realized I had made a huge mistake,” David Byrket told the Daily News.

They sound like real winners.

Seems like the Kern County SO's office should be locked-up in general population themselves.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
High gas prices helped relieve us of their stupidity slightly.
View Quote

Hadn't thought of that, things have changed since gas prices skyrocketed.

We don't miss the LA fools.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why isn't he being charged with resisting arrest then if he fought that hard? Just because the original domestic violence charge was dropped doesn't mean he can't be charged with R&O.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Short story.

It is odd that they didn't charge him with something.

They're willing to beat the everloving shit out of him for no reason but they're above making up charges to accompany it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Yet again....DON'T INVITE THE MAN INTO YOUR LIFE.

The incident began at approximately 9:30 a.m. after Byrket’s grown son called 911 to report a heated argument between Byrket and his wife, Zina, at the family’s home in the tiny town of Onyx, Calif., approximately 65 miles from Bakersfield.

Link Posted: 9/5/2013 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Is is even remotely possible we're not getting the whole story here?

David Sal Silva
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

David Sal Silva
View Quote

Naw, that's the whole story.  This is way too bizarre.  Because where is the overcharge, overcharge...  Plead down part?
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Was (is?) one of the better counties in CA to get a carry permit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 11:33:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

David Sal Silva
View Quote

Given that the Bakersfield Californian has historically exercised no compunction regarding pillorying Kern County LE (whether deserved or not), I'm thinking: not.

Haven't read that rag since the '90's anyway, but can't find anything in there.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top