Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/5/2002 4:13:18 AM EDT
I just got done voting here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland and here is the breakdown:

1)In my district (Inside Montgomery County) there was a long line.  Look like the dregs of the earth were rousted out of the homeless shelter and encouraged to vote.  Going by looks alone, I estimated maybe 5 out of 30 people in line were possible GOP.

2) For at least 4 races there was no Republican opposition.  This means the Dem was getting a free walk into office.  I guess when the Dems scream that there should be someone on the ballot to give voters a choice (see New Jersey and Minnesota), it only applies to them.  So I wrote in my own name for each of the races.

I wish I was more optimistic about this election, but given the Dems propensity for election fraud, I feel that we'll have this election stolen from us (Minnesota, South Dakota, Missouri and possibly Florida)

Anybody else feel this way??

MIerinMD
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Montgomery County, PA (not MD).  We had maybe 5 or 6 people in line at 7:15AM.  Republican and Democrat candidates for all 3 house seats.  Only one Libertarian to vote for on the whole ballot and that was for governor.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I got there (in Luzerne Co. PA) at about 25 after 7  there was no one there, 6 people voted before me.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I was the only one in my polling place, I voted straight R, except for Govenor, I could not give Pataki another chance to anally rape we gun owners.  Time for some new screwers.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Absentee ballot is the way to go, I voted about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Voted, too bad not in Chicago or MN, could have been the first of a few times.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I just voted a straight (R) ticket.

At my polling place, the crowds were unbelievable.  I have never had to wait to vote.  There were at least 25 waiting in line the whole time I was there, with lines of cars pulling into the lot as I was leaving.

Our precinct it mostly conservative, so a high turnout is a good thing in this case.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:42:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I voted, mostly republican.  One Democrat, only because he is a good friend of the family and got an A and a check mark from the NRA voting guide!

Dis
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Voted.

Strait Repub except one.
Guy is a party hopper, jumps from poll to poll.

Come on MO residents!! Talent for Senate!! Let's get our rights back!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Done. Voted at 0800 after dropping my kids at school. No lines. Took me longer to receive "instructions" on how to use the machines than to cast my ballot.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Southern York Co, Pa. - as of 6:45AM, I was #48. Straight Republican ticket for me, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I voted last week.

We live in a fairly DemocRat area but it seems to be changing for the better!

DemocRats are for the "poor working man".
They want to keep you poor and working!

Republicans are for the "rich".
I would like to end up that way one of these days![:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:09:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Voted at 0915 in IN.  Had to wait about 3 minutes for an open booth.  The opposite of MD, there were many unopposed R's running for office.  I voted for a variety of R's and Libs.
IN is funny, at the state level sometimes it seems like the R representatives act like D's on some issues and vice versa.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be voting soon.

Yes, I will be joining the blue-hairs soon cause that is all who shows up to vote here in my part of SoCal.

I asked a young gen-x type at a Circle K if he was voting today and he told he had already voted for President.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Been there, done that.  No waiting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#15]
I just voted.  Straight R ticket.

I went to two voting places (mine apparently changed without telling me) and it was pretty empty.

VA is such a republican place that I didn't even see a Dem on the ticket.  Just an unopposed R, then another R running against some I's.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah... voting is great when you're young and look underage.  You don't get harassed with all the poll sitters propaghanda..hehe.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, I voted.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:40:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Voted

Those darn electronic cards trouble me though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Been there. Done that. Got my sticker to prove it.

Voted at 07:45 out by 07:55. Number 74. Most of the people in my area like to take off early from work so they can go home after.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:06:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Voted at 7:40 a.m. Doesn't take long to check the Republican only box. Then on to the 4 referendum items. I used to scrutinize these items a lot. But a few years ago a friend pointed out that any item calling for a bond issue was an invitation to tax yourself. Just vote no.

Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Voted at 10. Registered and was moving to get my ballot when a guy walked up to the ballot giver and need help filling out the damn ballot. I kid you not. This is NC. It would take an idiot not to understand. The ballots are simple. No chads. Sad to say but I have a bad feeling about the outcomes today. Not just here but across the country.

Tic
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I just voted. 7 Democrats running unopposed! WTF? Only two seats (out of 5) where Republicans have a chance and both are tight races: Governor and Treasurer. If we lose the Gov. seat this state is screwed. I can see it now:

[b]Welcome to Massachusetts: "The One Party State"[/b]

[>(]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Voted and rolled on in to work.

I expected more of a wait, but Georgia's new touch-screen machines made things extremely speedy.

Hopefully we'll finally get Max Cleland out of there.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know how you can cope with that..
move to MONTANA!!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Report from South Florida:

Wife got to the polls at 0640 and was 30th in line.  Once the polls opened, she said it went fast.

I voted at 0800 and it took me 40 minutes total.  I had about 40 in front of me.  They had twice the voting booths today than they did for the Primary in September.  All in all it was very smooth as I was prepared.

There will be MANY examples of Democratic Party fraud that will surface as they will stop at nothing to avoid defeat.  The best one so far is:

Two Democrats running for the Broward County School Board (although the party affiliation does not appear on the ballot). A man and woman.  The NAACP published their "Black Voter's Guide" and endorsed the woman.

Well, the man, who happens to be an attorney, decides to print a fraudulent "Black Voter's Guide" and changes the endorsement to himself and send his minions out to polling places with the fake guide.  Well, all hell is breaking loose now.  People being beat down, arrested, ect.

The Demorats are so desperate now that they are eating each other.  I LOVE IT!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Report from South Florida:

Wife got to the polls at 0640 and was 30th in line.  Once the polls opened, she said it went fast.

I voted at 0800 and it took me 40 minutes total.  I had about 40 in front of me.  They had twice the voting booths today than they did for the Primary in September.  All in all it was very smooth as I was prepared.

There will be MANY examples of Democratic Party fraud that will surface as they will stop at nothing to avoid defeat.  The best one so far is:

Two Democrats running for the Broward County School Board (although the party affiliation does not appear on the ballot). A man and woman.  The NAACP published their "Black Voter's Guide" and endorsed the woman.

Well, the man, who happens to be an attorney, decides to print a fraudulent "Black Voter's Guide" and changes the endorsement to himself and send his minions out to polling places with the fake guide.  Well, all hell is breaking loose now.  People being beat down, arrested, ect.

The Demorats are so desperate now that they are eating each other.  I LOVE IT!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Done.

I've never failed to vote.  Never failed to check my chads.

BTW this is the last election with punch cards in Californistan.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Something wrong with page 1?  I can't get to it??
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I voted this morning on my way to drop off my Daughter at pre school. She went to the polls with me. She will go to the polls again this afternoon when my wife picks her up. It is important to us to teach her good citizenship. She was repeating the pledge of allegiance at 2 yrs old.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#30]

I voted.  Go Joe Birkett!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Done.

I've never failed to vote.  Never failed to check my chads.

BTW this is the last election with punch cards in Californistan.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I took an early lunch and stopped by the polls.  No waiting.  Walked right in, presented my ID, signed the log, and voted.  10 minutes total.  A very nice little old lady thanked me for voting as I put my ballot in the box.  I told her, " Thank You for working so hard to provide me with a place to vote.  But I feel I am just doing my duty, and paying honor to those who fought and died for my Freedom."  
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#33]
One vote for Saxby Chambliss in Georgia right here!  I really hope Max Cleland is out after today.  He seems like a nice guy and all, but I just don't agree with his poiltics.  Plus, it'd be nice for the Repubs to get the Senate back.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#34]
No wait in Colorado Springs
-In/Out gone total of five minutes for me and my wife.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#35]
My polling place was my local library, so after lunch I walked over.

News crew was outside and two Democratic campaign supporters. The news crew was interviewing some guy on the steps in front of the door, so I waited till they were done. I didn't want to walk through the shot (I hate when people do that on the news), and I have a personal problem with that station. One of the Democrats said "Don't want to be on TV, huh?"
And I said "Not particularly". She was a cute red head, 20s, but I had to vote and get to class, so no time to chat (plus she was a democrat supporting Rendell. Ewwww.)

Anyway, I go in, go the correct table (A district splits my town, so they seperate it out into two groups). Hand the lady my ID and card, she looks up my name, has me sign a sign in form. I had never used the machine before (voted absentee ballot last time around), so a gentleman explained the machine, said if I had any questions give a yell.

Easy, painless, and the local pizza place sent the poll workers pizza for lunch, which was nice.

But that machine has got to be older than my mom and dad.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Done!

[50]

Vote Early, Vote Often, Vote Armed (where not prohibited by law)!

[peep]

btt
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#38]
I was only allowed to vote [red]once[/red] this morning.  I feel disenfranchised! [soapbox]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I just got in from casting my vote, when I got off work, My ballot was number 289.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Voted at around 11:30 central. Polling station was pretty slow. Tried to vote for dog, and last seven generations of my family but was advised that is only allowed in certain Democrat districts, so only one vote for me. On a side note there was an elderly gentleman working at the polling station wearing a ring with Special Forces insignia on it. I asked if he was former Special Forces and he said he was. Thanked him for all he has done for our country. Wife thanked him also.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Cast my vote.  In and out in 5 minutes.  Voted straight Republican.  There were 23 contests on my ballot that had ONLY democrapic candidates.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Voted. Told the democRat wearing the sandwich board out front I wouldn't vote for his sort if my life depended on it. Checked for hanging chads.
I violated my libertarian beliefs and voted republican, it is far too important to keep the democRats out at this time.
Turnout has been good here in St. Charles, Mo.
and better yet it is a strong majority of conservatives here.
As a quick aside, whenever I call in a gun order (I have a C&R license) I get comments on how many licensees are from this area, makes me feel good. :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I also voted in Maryland, Anne Arundel County.

Last night I printed out all of the pro gun candidates and handed them out with the other people handing out literature. It was great! Its one thing to vote, but its better to inform other people about our rights and who to vote for to protect them. Most people think "Well, I only vote Republican" But there are sometimes other candidates from different parties who are more pro gun in your area.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I voted around 1:45
was number 76
voted pro-gun
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Another FL check in.

I voted this morning around 9:30-10:00.  It took about 15-20 minutes to check in and wait in line, but it only took about 2 minutes to actually vote.  Touch screens were a breeze to use and the final summary makes for an easy review.  Don't see how you could screw it up, but no doubt when the libs lose they'll blame the technology or planet alignment or something.

Oh, and when I was finished voting, I headed straight for the gun shop and bought a Ruger Mk II for my wife for Christmas.  My way of saying "Shove it you gun-grabbing pinko commies!!" and "I Love You" all at once.

[;D] LL [;D]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#48]
I was at the polls at 5:45am, before the polls opened.  I was FIRST in line, but voted third because I forgot what precinct room I had to vote in. Damn.  I was first back in 2000.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:50:28 PM EDT
[#49]
i just got back.  i had to wait in line for about 5-10 minutes.  would have been less but it took the old ladies awhile to look up the names in the books.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I voted this morning about 10 am.  From previous elections, I would have to say Republicans outnumbered Democrats 4 to 1.  Unfortunately my town only hase 3000 people.

Keving67
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top