Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2002 10:44:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]
 Sounds good, I'm just wondering if hill country is underwater at the moment .  

A gun show tradition We've had for years is gun show first, then Hooters on Riverside.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me!  Can't beat meetin up at the gunshow, even if it is small, then shootin some.  I need an excuse to get to the range more, but I need to get my fundage up to support my habits!  

lemme know!

M@
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT

BTW, I'm thinkin about selling my 10/22, if anyone might be interested in the centex area.  :)

M@
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is the Saxet show going to be?
Lebrew
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Is Saxet The one in U.C.?
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Lebrew, the Saxet show is always held at the Crocket Center on the 3rd weekend of the month.

Double(Trouble)Feed - Don't worry about reservations at HCRR.  There is ample space.  There are several ranges at HCRR.  A 400 yd covered rifle range with steel targets at 300 - 400 yds and stands for paper targets at 100 and 200.  A 25 yd pistol and rimfire range with steel knock over targets.  And another
"GP" range that does not have any target stands provided, but you can bring your own, but does have berms on 3 sides and is suitable for aimed rapid fire/full auto (no bump firing) just so long as you keep your rounds in the berm on off the deck.

Some things you need to be aware of at HCRR.

1.  The owner.  Richard holds some personal values that would offend the non "88" members of this board.  He is a world class tin foil haberdasher, and has informed me the TEOTWAWKI is going to happen on at least 6 different dates in the past 3 years.  He is very intelligent but way out of balance.  Take him with a full pinch of salt.

2.  Richard runs a cash only business. NO plastic or checks.  But he does make change!  Fees are $5 per shooter and $2 for each additional firearm.

3.  HCRR is VERY Spartan.  Bring your own food and water.  There is a porta-john but you might consider bringing your own TP and some spray disinfectant.

4.  HCRR is a GREAT place to shoot!  Please don't let Richard scare you off!
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BTT

BTW, I'm thinkin about selling my 10/22, if anyone might be interested in the centex area.  :)

M@
View Quote

RE: 10/22: Check your e-mail, or e-mail me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Is the disgusting URL for the range or the show?  I'm curious as to where to shoot around these parts.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is the disgusting URL for the range or the show?  I'm curious as to where to shoot around these parts.
View Quote

It's for the show.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#12]
yep... HCRR is a nice range, lots of space, but very spartan.  Richard is one KOOK.  I tell you what, I've never met anyone with that big of a tin foil hat on.  Like mentioned, just take it with a grain of salt.

It's a ways out from me now, since I live in Round Rock, but to meet up with some of the crew, would be nice again.  I'm thinking about trying to have the Central Texas Spring Shoot out at HCRR.  We'll have to hit up Richard about it, see if he'll go for it.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Can we all wear tin foil hats so we can recognize each other, or should we meet at a spot there? (personally I like the hat idea)
[url]http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url]
Looking foreward to meeting fellow AR board members
lebrew
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Doublefeed, you starting an email list?  it would be good for about a dozen people or so... I still have the list from the CTSS, but there are about 50 people on it, and a lot are not from AR15.com.  Not that I want to exclude anyone else, but the more people, the more 'I can't make it,can we do it some other time' we'll have to deal with.  :)

Link Posted: 11/6/2002 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Doublefeed, you starting an email list?  it would be good for about a dozen people or so... I still have the list from the CTSS, but there are about 50 people on it, and a lot are not from AR15.com.  Not that I want to exclude anyone else, but the more people, the more 'I can't make it,can we do it some other time' we'll have to deal with.  :)
View Quote

Don't worry about trying to get the perfect date.  Do set the date and the place as far in advance as possible though!  Those who want to and can, will come.  If we set this up as a monthly gathering and the same 5 people show up month after month, then good for those 5 folks.  But I am pretty sure that the gathering will grow as time goes by, just as long as the schedule (place and time) is consistent, then just about everyone will be able to attend at least 3 or 4 gatherings per year if they so choose.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I've missed the last few Saxet shows and plan on not missing this coming one.  May even spend some money!  Also been looking for an excuse to fire off some of the 1000 rnds I just bought.  And I suppose it'd be nice to meet some of the members around these parts....  ;-)

--ZERO
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Start a mailing list and add my name to it and I promise not to shoot anyones truck. [:D]

http://saxetshows.com/_schedule.htm
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#20]
How far is "central" TX from N. Texas?

Also, maybe the N. Texas group can meet up with the Central & Houston Groups? (maybe at the Hun Farm this spring?)
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I am here in temple..near fort hood...where is the Central crew at? when are meets? can anyone show up?
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:06:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Have I done something to offend y'all? Everytime this stuff about meetings and putting on shoots comes up I post about the Carbine match (which is really fun by the way)that we put on the 2nd Saturday of every month in Johnson City, It is only a scenic hours drive west of Austin and an hour north of San Antonio.
It is very low key with a great group of shooters and did I mention its fun? Someone please let me know why more AR15ers aren't coming out for all the fun and camaraderie.
Ask Archoo and Blammo its a great time!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Have I done something to offend y'all? Everytime this stuff about meetings and putting on shoots comes up I post about the Carbine match (which is really fun by the way)that we put on the 2nd Saturday of every month in Johnson City, It is only a scenic hours drive west of Austin and an hour north of San Antonio.
It is very low key with a great group of shooters and did I mention its fun? Someone please let me know why more AR15ers aren't coming out for all the fun and camaraderie.
Ask Archoo and Blammo its a great time!
View Quote

He has a point. I like the range. Superior, imho.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey, Mike!

I'll be at the Carbine match this weekend!  I'm looking forward to it, and I'm bringing a friend.

I'll be in a black Molon Labe hat, with an M1 Carbine in a folding stock.  I'll see ya there!

EVERYONE ELSE:  Try to make it to the match.  I've never been to one, but they sound like a BLAST!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree with you DPeacher, I would love to get the social thing going.  Just set a date and whoever shows up, shows up and if only 5 people show up then good for them.  I enjoy shooting and socializing.  If no one else shows then that gives me more time to shoot...  How is this a bad thing?  
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am here in temple..near fort hood...where is the Central crew at? when are meets? can anyone show up?
View Quote

Come one, come all!
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Actually, the Hun farm is closer than the Woodlands.... BUT I am sure I can meet up with the Houston Crew sometime-- I visit that area often.
Link Posted: 11/7/2002 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:

Come one, come all!
View Quote
[/b]

DPeacher, one of these days, I'll go down to your area and do some shooting.  I guess, DFW crews are invited, right?[:D]
View Quote

You can bet your life on that, Brutha!  I-35 runs two ways, and I wish the DFW crew would realize that fact!
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
4.  HCRR is a GREAT place to shoot!  Please don't let Richard scare you off!
View Quote

DPeacher, I have to admit that Richard has been successful with me so far.

I went out there (without guns) a year ago to survey the scene.  I asked him, innocently enough, if it would be OK if I could bring along some tin cans for some plinking fun (and clean up afterwards, of course).  He got so mad at the very idea that I thought he was going to flip out.

I have not been able to bring myself to go back.  But if a whole gang is going to get together, I am interested.  Is SAXET this coming weekend?  Which day is the meet, Saturday?
Link Posted: 11/8/2002 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You can bet your life on that, Brutha!  I-35 runs two ways, and I wish the DFW crew would realize that fact!
View Quote

When & where?
Keep the DFW crew posted on your events so if any of us are in the area, or are bored, we can head that way...

BTW: please provide directions to any meeeting areas, and about how far from Dallas are we talking....?
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#36]
This Sat. Gun show. Be there.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Damn, looks like I will not make the gun show until Sunday, but Saturday I will probably be shooting around 10:30 am, Red's "north".  Guess until next time to meet you guys!

--ZERO
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm scheduled to work this Saturday from 1500 to 2300.  I might go to the fun show Sat AM, but I won't be able to get to a range that day.  Most likely i will go to the fun show early Sunday and then head to the HCRR around lunch time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top