Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2002 2:44:43 PM EDT
Here I sit, in a hotel where I am staying while undergoing some enterprise computer training and this is what a little card attached to the phone says:

"Residence Inn subscribes to AT&T long distance and operator services.  A surcharge is applied to all long distance and international calls charged to the room.  Surcharge is PRIME RATE plus 50% and this is equivalent to approximately $8.00 to $20.00 per minute for long distance and international direct dialed calls."

Maybe I am just sensitive about my long distance, but this seems to be a tad excessive.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, that's the reason I never leave home without a cellphone. For about the same dime as a minute of that garbage I get 3500 digital min with no long distance charges.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm sensitive about getting sodomized, too.  I particularly like places that charge you $2/min for local & toll-free calls.

Quoted:
Maybe I am just sensitive about my long distance, but this seems to be a tad excessive.
View Quote

I'm with cmoth; go for the cell phone with nationwide roaming.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Forgot to add...

I do have a cell phone which is the only redeeming factor.  

The other ass raping is the fact that they charge .50¢ for any local call so my dial-up Internet access would cost .50¢ every time I dialed up, so I set my e-mail program to check for mail every minute so it keeps the line active...2hrs. and 11 minutes now.  Screw the hotel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top